Who does Conor fight next?

CroCopsLHK

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time recalling if Conors last two fights were at 155 or 170. Of course Conor has a life altering injury he may not return from but let's just imagine. Here are my ideas:

A. Tony Ferguson at 155: As far as I know Tony is not booked up right now. He is a semi name by UFC standards as well as former (interim) champ. He also may be considered damaged goods or a layup, Ala Donald Ceronne
B. Diaz 3 at 170: I still don't know of either fighter still cuts to 155. Rubber match with lots of money on the line

He doesn't deserve to fight champ on his way back. I don't see him fighting a top contender based off his brand and his injury. I also don't see him fighting a no name up and Comer like Sean Brady

Usman or Adesanya

I think they go down the Poirier route. If he wins, they pass off his recent loss as a fluke and con another undeserved title shot for him.

Bobby Green, that would be a fight on his level and Green can be very hot and cold so its a chance for Conor to possibly win. Doesn't deserve anyone higher than that, he has an awful record at LW, and couldn't even last 30 seconds with number 38 ranked UFC LW Joe Duffy

I think they go down the Poirier route. If he wins, they pass off his recent loss as a fluke and con another undeserved title shot for him.
I know he's pining for that one I just don't think he can beat Dustin. And if he thinks he can maybe UFC don't. Getting finished twice by him, especially based off the freakin leg break. I'm sure his ego calls for it but how the hell can he go forward losing to Dustin 3x in a row... And it's hard to make a 4th fight in general.

I'm having a hard time recalling if Conors last two fights were at 155 or 170. Of course Conor has a life altering injury he may not return from but let's just imagine. Here are my ideas:

A. Tony Ferguson at 155: As far as I know Tony is not booked up right now. He is a semi name by UFC standards as well as former (interim) champ. He also may be considered damaged goods or a layup, Ala Donald Ceronne
B. Diaz 3 at 170: I still don't know of either fighter still cuts to 155. Rubber match with lots of money on the line

He doesn't deserve to fight champ on his way back. I don't see him fighting a top contender based off his brand and his injury. I also don't see him fighting a no name up and Comer like Sean Brady
Diaz. Ferguson is a douche and doesn't deserve the pay day. He needs to go back to bartending at Applebee's so I can throw shit at him and provoke him to hit me. Then I sue Applebee's for a massive payday. Everyone wins....except Tony but he's become well accustomed to losing. So no biggie.

Diaz. Ferguson is a douche and doesn't deserve the pay day. He needs to go back to bartending at Applebee's so I can throw shit at him and provoke him to hit me. Then I sue Applebee's for a massive payday. Everyone wins....except Tony but he's become well accustomed to losing. So no biggie.
I didn't like Tony either but he's won me over. I know he's kinda a jerk and a competitor but his fighting style and quirky personality has won me over

But to each his own

I didn't like Tony either but he's won me over. I know he's kinda a jerk and a competitor but his fighting style and quirky personality has won me over

But to each his own
Ya the way he talked to the dude on TUF about his kid is unacceptable. I love watching him get beat to a pulp. He's the definition of a douchebag. Karma is a bitch.

Ya the way he talked to the dude on TUF about his kid is unacceptable. I love watching him get beat to a pulp. He's the definition of a douchebag. Karma is a bitch.
I hear you 100%. I wanted Charlie Rader to deck him and I was pissed he beat Ramsey. Alcohol isn't an excuse either.. it can open your demons and turn off all filters. I also hate Brock Lesnar too, they both seem similar personalities. That recent event with his family also unsettles me

With that said he is one of my favorite fighters ever. His career is going south and so is Conor's. If they fought it would be very compelling

I hear you 100%. I wanted Charlie Rader to deck him and I was pissed he beat Ramsey. Alcohol isn't an excuse either.. it can open your demons and turn off all filters. I also hate Brock Lesnar too, they both seem similar personalities. That recent event with his family also unsettles me

With that said he is one of my favorite fighters ever. His career is going south and so is Conor's. If they fought it would be very compelling
I hear you on the alcohol part. I got into it with my ex last night after taking a vicodin and drinking a bunch of whiskey. I didn't even remember it until I woke up this morning and looked at my phone and realized I said a bunch of mean, uncalled for shit. It was horrible and wish I could take it back, but I think it's past that point and it was over some dumbshit. I genuinely care for her and it is eating me inside, especially since I was the one who escalated it. Alcohol is a bitch.

Neither fight, against Ferguson or Nate, make sense, unless you enjoy see semiretired old guys going at it.

Yeah, someone like Bobby Green would be the adequate matchmaking...

... therefore it won't be done. I guess they do something like Diaz 3...

I don´t see Conor making LW anymore.
IF (and this is a BIG if) he returns, he should fight a 10-15 WW, maybe Neal or Jinliang, and IF he wins then feed him a top 10 like Chiesa or Magny.
Also, I don´t see a future for him at WW, as his KO power did not translated from FW to LW, and at WW it will be nil. Bigger dudes will walk through him.

I hear you on the alcohol part. I got into it with my ex last night after taking a vicodin and drinking a bunch of whiskey. I didn't even remember it until I woke up this morning and looked at my phone and realized I said a bunch of mean, uncalled for shit. It was horrible and wish I could take it back, but I think it's past that point and it was over some dumbshit. I genuinely care for her and it is eating me inside, especially since I was the one who escalated it. Alcohol is a bitch.
I understand 100%. Alcohol has done irreparable damage to me and one of my siblings relationship. I dont regret it so much because I'm still really angry about it and we were both drunk, but I do acknowledge alcohol was a culprit.

Mixing vicodin with alcohol is fucking wild autopilot.. Best of luck to you though. Time and space heals a lot

Masvidal would be good too but I think he's tied up with Colby. They also have no backstory lmao I just think it could be a compelling fight

I understand 100%. Alcohol has done irreparable damage to me and one of my siblings. I dont regret it so much because I'm still really angry about it and we were both drunk, but I do acknowledge alcohol was a culprit. Best of luck to you though. Time and space heals a lot
Thanks. I'm moving and we were never gonna make it, but now I just feel horrible. It was 100% on me. She's one of the few girls I truly cared about and had a great bond with. But one night of heavy drinking ruined that. I'm not moving until the beginning of February so maybe I can repair things before I leave. But she also trimmed all my weed, so it's a double whammy. Lol. I guess you live and you learn.

Whoever he fights he's gonna get finished anyways, once a bum always a bum.

Back