If You Want Your Door Dash, You Better Tip

Just a heads up to the non tippers, there’s secret Reddit groups for drivers who share the names of non tippers, and those people end up eating a lot of Booger sandwiches and snot sodas.

Ordering fast food through a third party delivery company is some next level lazy bullshit anyways.

I'll give em a tip, pick up my order or I'll touch you with teh jab.
5noHKsb.jpeg

I know nothing about DD, I take it my driver/delivery person can see if I tip before hand?
My standard across the board is a $5 tip for every order. Is that typical or am I a cheap prick?

Yes they can see what the base pay from DD or Grub + Tip.

Best Base+Tip/mile gets taken 1st and so forth.

I tip nicely praying to God they ain't rubbing their privates on my food.

The food delivered doesnt't come with an adhesive tag sealing the box or bag in the US?

I was surprised to see so many people worried with tampering of food in the thread.

I Grubhub.
I pay extra for people to make my food for me and bring it to me and I tip.
I’m not poor.
<VinceCa$h>

I do, but if you are drunk you shouldn’t feel like you have to. That capitalism bitches

Umm, what if you’re paying with card cause you can’t door dash with cash but you want to tip in cash? Any tipping before hand is pretty fucking stupid. What if your shit shows up cold or missing items? Or the dudes a douchebag and walks threw your garden….tipping is a gratuity based on performance not just “we are paying your supplemental hourly income cause you’re a fucking loser with no job skills and make shit money” take it up with the multimillion dollar company door dash, if you want more money

I tip about £1.50 each time, but I do so because I know that it means something to them, and little tokens of appreciation are nice, not because of some civic duty to bolster up criminally low wages.

I expect at least minimum wage to be paid.

Umm, what if you’re paying with card cause you can’t door dash with cash but you want to tip in cash? Any tipping before hand is pretty fucking stupid. What if your shit shows up cold or missing items? Or the dudes a douchebag and walks threw your garden….tipping is a gratuity based on performance not just “we are paying your supplemental hourly income cause you’re a fucking loser with no job skills and make shit money” take it up with the multimillion dollar company door dash, if you want more money
By that same logic take it up with door dash when you get your food after waiting for hours or not at all.

So they want a tip... For doing their job... So the employer can pay shit wages and make the profits..

get-the-fuck-out-of-here-get-the-fuck-outta-here.gif
It’s called free market capitalism. They’re contractors, remember? We had a chance to vote and make them employees of these companies, and we decided not to do that the companies wouldn’t have to provide benefits and overtime, which would increase the price some amount.

So, they don’t have to take the contract if they don’t want to. It has nothing to do with “doing their job.” If they don’t sign in to pickup your food, it isn’t their job. And they aren’t going to sign on if you don’t tip.

It’s called free market capitalism. They’re contractors, remember? We had a chance to vote and make them employees of these companies, and we decided not to do that the companies wouldn’t have to provide benefits and overtime, which would increase the price some amount.

So, they don’t have to take the contract if they don’t want to. It has nothing to do with “doing their job.” If they don’t sign in to pickup your food, it isn’t their job. And they aren’t going to sign on if you don’t tip.
Bizarre that people itt want it both ways. They're not employees, so no, they don't have to deliver a sandwich across town to your cheap ass for $2. You're free not to tip and they're free to not deliver you food at a loss.

What is there to be upset about lol. That's the capitalism they wanted.

Bizarre that people itt want it both ways. They're not employees, so no, they don't have to deliver a sandwich across town to your cheap ass for $2. You're free not to tip and they're free to not deliver you food at a loss.

What is there to be upset about lol. That's the capitalism they wanted.
Exactly. Ironic, isn’t it?

Back