Let's hear it

LoveSherdogThisTime

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
What were some of your dream fights that never materialized? These don't necessarily have to be a fight to determine who was the greatest or the best. However, they have to be fights that could have happened in terms of timeline so no prime vs prime unless both fighters' best years coincided. Here's my list:

Usman vs Whittaker (Right now at middleweight)
Whittaker vs Mousasi (In 2017)
Romero vs Johnson (Last year)
Stipe vs Jones (I would have loved to see Stipe fight Jones instead of Cormier after he defeated Ngannou in 2018)
Cain vs Fedor (In 2009 or 2010. Now I know many claim that Fedor's best years were behind him at this point but there's just something about these two that makes me want to know how the fight would have went down.)

Chandler vs Gaethje could have been another one but fortunately, it happened. Anyways, let's hear yours.

Khabib vs Oliveira (i would've said ferguson 2 years ago)

Conor vs Tyron Woodley

Mighty Mouse vs TJ Dillashaw

Gaethje vs Conor

Dustin vs Max 3 just because that fight is still one of my favourite title fights ever and personally i believe to be the most underrated title fight in recent memory

edit: forgot, Zabit vs Ortega

Last edited:
Fedor vs Josh Barnett : i thought Barnett had a real shot at Fedor, not saying he would have win but his skillset matches well. After all, Fedor lost to a big submission guy in Werdum (i know they are nothing alike besides that don't reply).

Also, i really really want to see Jiri vs Nemkov II. If you haven't see the first one, this is your duty to do so, it's on youtube, it's a banger, Jiri wins by Homer Simpsons tactic it's great

Jon Jones vs Anyone

83f7c19189081.560ca03c473b5.jpg

wandyvsigor.gif

Conor vs Tyron Woodley

Gaethje vs Conor

Dustin vs Max 2 just because that fight is still one of my favourite title fights ever and personally i believe to be the most underrated title fight in recent memory

Good news for you buddeh, Dustin vs Max 2 already happened
<28>

Conor vs Tyron Woodley

Gaethje vs Conor

Dustin vs Max 2 just because that fight is still one of my favourite title fights ever and personally i believe to be the most underrated title fight in recent memory

Dustin vs Max 2 already happened

McGregor vs Masvidal

It could still happen and would still be one of, if not the biggest fights ever.

But I just have a feeling it won't. And if they both keep losing, it'll lose some sting too.

AH good choice, i see with have common taste in Gracie getting humiliated

GSP vs Silva
GSP vs Lawler
Dj vs Dillashaw
Henry Cejudo vs Petr Yan
Cain vs Stipe
Overeem vs Fedor
Tony Ferguson vs Max Holloway
Tony Ferguson vs Nate Diaz
Conor vs RDA
Whittaker vs Mousasi
Yair Rodriguez vs Zabit
Vicente Luque vs Jorge Masvidal
Jones vs Rumble
DC vs Ngannou
Dominick Cruz vs Barao

AH good choice, i see with have common taste in Gracie getting humiliated
Just Rickson. I respect him as a BJJ god but I don't acknowledge nor respect him for his "fights" in "vale tudo" and mma and especially against Zulu which gained Rickson his notoriety as the greatest Brazilian "fighter" during his time. It was a complete lie/misrepresentation of both fights solely to promote "Gracie JJ". Zulu wasn't allowed to "Punch with a closed fist, kick ,knee or elbow while standing or on the ground." So basically, BOTH fights Rickson had with Zulu were BJJ matches that only allowed slapping. Zulu even did a video years ago talking about his Rickson fights and the Gracies notorious "special rules" for both fights on Sherdog but for some reason Sherdog took them down. If you need "special rules", then you're obviously admitting you're the inferior fighter.

Bisping vs Moose. Tough fight for Mike but I still wanted to see it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zygmunt
Back