How do you go on a 0-7-1run in the premier organization! Updated!!

I thought he was a ray longo fighter with how long he's managed to stay signed despite losing....

The standards slipped massively once the UFC had to put out shit tons of cards every year. Lots of guys are just there to be throwaway card filler now.

He is employed because he fights anyone anytime anywhere, which is more than a lot of the roster can say. He may not be the best fighter on the roster, but he is a solid out and tough fight for anyone especially these mid tier guys they are throwing him. He is the type of guy that can be called on two weeks notice to step in and give a tough fight.

Also doesn’t argue with his employer, has a big family and seems like a genuinely good guy. He is the type of guy UFC loves to employ because it makes them look good, and personally I don’t have a problem with it.

Because alvey is a psycho and dana probably thinks he'll be murdered if he cuts him

20210726_123333.jpg

Why else would you kick puppies?

Ummmm, they accidentally walked into a mosh pit?
They're in the way of the TV?

They shit in your boot?

There's a few reasons im missing I'm sure, but I'm not a puppy kicker myself sir lol.

If the UFC could clone Alvey they would in a heartbeat. He’s a company man, vocal about his pay being reasonable, and he fights enough that even casuals probably recognize him despite being competitively out of his depth most fights. The fact that we can say “yeah but he drew and lost some split dec” as a compliment and not a detraction tells you everything about the culture war within the UFC. Sam is a crap win for legit fighters, a potential upset to boot, and he spends most of his fights just standing there. If Dana wants to scuttle a loud mouth up and comer, just toss him against Sam and watch as his stock plummets post fight. “Sorry, your last fight with Sam Alvey was a snoozer, how about we pay you 15 to show 15 to win until you find your magic?

Because he's ready to take that ass whooping anywhere on short notice.
<PlusJuan>

Nothing against Sam, but he's a down-for-whatever jobber/glutton for punishment. UFC keep those kind of guys around a little longer when they begin the downslope. Artem, Cerrone and Michael Johnson are other examples.
5lb02o.jpg
This reminds, my grandpa used to say: "There's nothing more disgusting than a smiling man". He also said: "Dick in someone else's hands always looks bigger"... these are complex life lessons.

Ummmm, they accidentally walked into a mosh pit?
They're in the way of the TV?

They shit in your boot?

There's a few reasons im missing I'm sure, but I'm not a puppy kicker myself sir lol.
I guess the logic that it is wrong to kick a puppy goes out the window if they shit IN your boot...

That is clearly a premeditated act, and as such I would say the whole "innocent creature" defense is bunk at that point.

<PlusJuan>

Nothing against Sam, but he's a down-for-whatever jobber/glutton for punishment. UFC keep those kind of guys around a little longer when they begin the downslope. Artem, Cerrone and Michael Johnson are other examples.

This reminds, my grandpa used to say: "There's nothing more disgusting than a smiling man". He also said: "Dick in someone else's hands always looks bigger"... these are complex life lessons.
Dick in someone else's hands always looks bigger.

Life lessons... Sherdog style.

I think Dana has a soft spot for him because he adopts orphans and he also takes alot of short notice fights. I’ve met him before and the man really does have a tribe. Nice guy

More likely Dana is tapping his model wife (McKey Sullivan) and if he cuts Sam he loses access to that.

I guess the logic that it is wrong to kick a puppy goes out the window if they shit IN your boot...

That is clearly a premeditated act, and as such I would say the whole "innocent creature" defense is bunk at that point.

LMFAO!

Yeah shitting in your boot is just disrespectful on a whole new level sir.

That's at best a beatable offense, at worst it's definitely a kickable offense....im no lawyer, but that's an open and shut case if ever seen one in my court lol.

I always find the narrative that Alvey is an exciting fighter interesting. He's definitely had some knockdown-dragout moments, but he's also spent a ton time waiting around for counters and throwing very little output in fights. Then he gets mad when he's losing and puts it all out there close to the end of the round so people forget everything leading up to that kinda sucked. I usually come away from his fights thinking I just saw a not very good fight haha.

And even the narrative of how close his fights are; they're usually pretty close statistically, but when I'm watching them live they don't seem as close as the numbers show. I mean it's not like they're landslides, but he's lost some splits that probably shouldn't have been splits. But then he gets mad after the decision is read, I'm thinking he's being ridiculous because he rightfully lost the fight, then the stats will show that the numbers were very close haha. The one really close fight I think he had was his win over Villante, which I thought could've gone either way (and had Villante edging).

But hey, if he can manage to hold onto a job, more power to him. I'm not really of the mindset that certain fighters being on roster takes spots away from others that could be in the UFC. They have enough money to sign whoever the hell they want, they're not sitting around passing on folks because they've got Alvey on the payroll taking up funds haha.

Yeah, I hate watching him. I think he sucks and he's boring.

Back