PBP UFC 271: Adesanya vs. Whittaker 2 - Main Card PBP Discussion: 10:00 p.m. ET/7:00 p.m. PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Body language and showing visible confidence can go a very long way with the judges
Jon Jones and Benson Henderson (back in his prime) were very effective at this. Basically gave the appearance of them being more in control or doing more than they actually were
Yeah both of those guys are good examples

This... I had Whitaker sweeping the last 3 but they weren't decisive enough.
It is the way they judge championship fights. If you don't win decisively then you aren't going take the belt as a challenger. I can't remember any recent championship fights where it is a close fight and the champion loses. I think if Rob had a big moment in round 5 then he might have taken it.

You have much to learn, young padawan. Search Fry vs Takayoma. You're welcome
Seen almost every PRIDE event ever. Been around for years, sir. Registration date isn't an indication of anything as I had a previous account from 2008 I requested get deleted about 18 months ago as I got bored of this place and just reregistered.

Can you explain how? What did Izzy do to win 4 rounds.
Break down the rounds he won and why. I'm curious as I had it 48-47 Rob.
Rob definitely won the last 2.

Do you score harmless takedowns over knockouts?

You scored one round for Roxy, didn't ya?

So you give mercy rds. Sounds like we should take your cards seriously
When a scorecard is too wide, I try to give the opponent a round that is the closest. Take the emotions out of it, Rob was outclassed. Ya, he had some moments, but it was a clear win for Adesanya.

I feel that Cannonier will aye least go out on us sword. Whittaker too tentative

Body language and showing visible confidence can go a very long way with the judges
Jon Jones and Benson Henderson (back in his prime) were very effective at this. Basically gave the appearance of them being more in control or doing more than they actually were

True. If they actually just used significant strikes/damage to judge instead of "impressions", then we would have had entirely different outcomes for several of their fights.

Rob kinda charged a lot of time and I expected him to get decapitated by counters, but that didn't really happen and overall it wasn't very pretty nor impressive

Much love Sherbros, peace out and stay safe!
<RomeroSalute>
EtbG4sA.gif

Reactions: Gio
If Whittaker could've held Izzy down at any point it was his fight
He couldn't and that's what cost him. He also could've probably did the wall n stall like he did in round 5 maybe earlier and pulled it out.

The ufc had no real highlights for the end of the fight. Let’s take a look at your work. Leg kick. Leg kick. Leg kick. So fun

Back