PBP UFC 271: Adesanya vs. Whittaker 2 - Main Card PBP Discussion: 10:00 p.m. ET/7:00 p.m. PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rob looked one dimensional in there. Ultimately Izzy has too many weapons at his disposal and defensively too sound.
Izzy is in a class of his own at MW. He doesn't need to do anything spectacular, because the opposition doesn't demand it -they're just not good enough.

That Masvidal vs. Covington rivalry is as fake. Lambert is a big pro-wrestling fan and I'm sure is helping them put this feud together.

When a scorecard is too wide, I try to give the opponent a round that is the closest. Take the emotions out of it, Rob was outclassed. Ya, he had some moments, but it was a clear win for Adesanya.
I agree izzy won but he clearly lost the championship rds imo

Some people letting their emotion affect their judgement. I mean, look at the audience. This was a very easy fight to score.

Nah, nearly every round is debatable under current rules but especially when considering this was under old rules where takedowns counted for a lot more. Implying it’s easy to score and one sided as you have likely indicates a bias on your part frankly.

2 out of 3 sherdog play by play guys scored it for Whittaker haha.

Do you score harmless takedowns over knockouts?

You scored one round for Roxy, didn't ya?

Knockouts? When did Rob get knocked out today? Which round?
Please stay on topic and answer the question.

That Masvidal vs. Covington rivalry is as fake. Lambert is a big pro-wrestling fan and I'm sure is helping them put this feud together.
Yep and they are already working colby/Dustin in the future

Actually landing and doing damage. Knockdown and several heavy leg attacks that almsot dropped him on multiple occsions, any one of those amounted to more damage than Whittaker did all night.
Yea but fights are scored round by round. It's great that he got a knockdown in the first, but beyond that round he struggled to land any meaningful head strikes while Rob was landing a stiff jab repeatedly. And Rob also obviously had the grappling. Acting like Izzy did significantly more to earn the win is just false.

I had Izzy 4-1 or at a stretch 3-2, and i'm biased as fuck looking for Bobby points. Leg kicks were the difference as fuckin usual, if Robert had made a little bit more out of the takedowns it coulda been a draw imo, hurt him more with the boxing.
Easy 3-2, not 4-1

I gave rounds 1 and 3 to Izzy. 2 and 5 to Rob. Missed a bit of round 4 so would need to rewatch that before I scored it. Close fight and a much better showing by Whittaker.

I normally like Bisping but he was insufferable during this fight. The commentary on Adesanya fights seems to be consistently awful.
Faintingis like the commentary #1 scoring criteria.

Yea but fights are scored round by round. It's great that he got a knockdown in the first, but beyond that round he struggled to land any meaningful head strikes while Rob was landing a stiff jab repeatedly. And Rob also obviously had the grappling. Acting like Izzy did significantly more to earn the win is just false.
Yep outside of the first it was a very close fight, unfortunately I ended up agreeing with 2 of the judges though and had it 3-2 Adesanya.

Cannonier is tailor made to get wrecked by Izzy.
Throw Strickland in there, he's more deserving anyways
How so? relevant fights for each

Strickland:
3 decisions against Marshman, Uriah Hall and and Jotko, TKO finish against Brendan Allen and Split win against Jack Joker.

Vs

TKO win against Anderson Silva
TKO win against David Branch
TKO win against Jack Joker
TKO win against Brunson
Decision against Kelvin Gastelum

and 1 loss against Whittaker.

2nd resume is far supreme imo regardless of loss.

In reality.

You have to remember you're a shertarder on shertard. So you're going to be delusional about most things even when it was (probably) just happening right in front of your eyes.

I saw Whitaker winning a majority of the rounds. Izzy didnt do anything but throw kicks that were dodged or blocked. Whitaker landed the cleaner blows and got several takedowns. He owned almost every significant moment.

But izzy is the big star so obviously they will give him the win. Dude landed a glancing partially blocked kick and bisping and dc are like "theres a round for adesanya"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Konster1
Back