Official Women's Division Discussion #27

Tereza Bledá in talks to serve as backup fighter for UFC London -
  • Molly McCann vs Luana Carolina
  • Cory McKenna vs Elise Reed

I'd be more interested in Bleda vs any of these, than the actual matchups

(well... McCann vs Carolina should be a slobberknocker for the home crowd I guess, but in terms of 'see how a fighter going places does'...)

I'd be more interested in Bleda vs any of these, than the actual matchups

(well... McCann vs Carolina should be a slobberknocker for the home crowd I guess, but in terms of 'see how a fighter going places does'...)
Hopefully they give her opportunity to jump in and fight in London, but i wonder if fight vs McCann / McKenna is smart idea, not because of skillset, but because of crowd.... Bleda started her career in "covid era", which means that she does not have any experience with big crowds, mainly hostile crowds..

BTW
UFC also should stop ignoring Szabova. They are in absolute need of WMMA fighters like her... Young, experienced (Judo and Muay-Thai background) , battle-tested, well-rounded and skilled, 6-0 and finished 5 of her opponents....still not enough.

Skimmed through it and it was pretty much a cookie cutter MMA interview. Says she will be fighting at 135. Also says she heard the UFC is phasing out 145.

Anybody else think Belbita got absolutely robbed?
A clear 29/28 for her imo.

I scored it the same as all the judges - rd1 Belbita, rd 2 & 3 DePaula. I think Belbita landed nice body shots in the 1st, but landed less telling strikes as the fight wore on and DePaula got into her groove defensively and offensively. (almost) Everyone I've seen, whichever way they scored it, seemed to want to stress it was close, could have gone either way, and was not a 'robbery'.

I scored it the same as all the judges - rd1 Belbita, rd 2 & 3 DePaula. I think Belbita landed nice body shots in the 1st, but landed less telling strikes as the fight wore on and DePaula got into her groove defensively and offensively. (almost) Everyone I've seen, whichever way they scored it, seemed to want to stress it was close, could have gone either way, and was not a 'robbery'.
Fair enough.
I agree on rd 1 and 3.
I guess I have to watch that second rd again.

Even if it s a clear 29-28?
No, a robbery is someone wining three rounds clearly, and losing 29-28, or 30-27. Or another robbery would be a split with two judges splitting it 29-28 each, and the third judge sees a 30-27, meaning they basically had their mind made up beforehand.

No, a robbery is someone wining three rounds clearly, and losing 29-28, or 30-27. Or another robbery would be a split with two judges splitting it 29-28 each, and the third judge sees a 30-27, meaning they basically had their mind made up beforehand.
If you win 2 clear rounds and the decision doesnt go your way its still a robbery imo.

Back