International Russia vs Ukraine Combat Megathread vol 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could be support troops. The Russians have advanced a decent amount but they're going to want to really set up solid arterial supply lines for an eventual push. Doesn't mean they're defecting.

Bannon made a pretty good point this morning on his podcast.. but despite Russia having some losses, they have been using tactics similar to police during riots, where they kind of moves to encircle the rioters/Ukrainians and at a certain point they will be fully encircled and then going to bomb whatever resistance is left. You can see it here, as they currently already advancing to the west of Kiev from the North.

This in addition to controlling much more to the south in the last couple days. Soon the Eastern-middle part of the country is going to be cut off and helpless.

FNHbT9EXoAQnyyB

All the people who will die starting from this day, will also die because of you and your weakness

Zelensky already in panic mode and lashes out at NATO (US basically). He just realised that he got duped in to a war he can’t win, and they won’t come to save his ass. Damn, man got played hard and the Ukrainian ppl are suffering because of his stupidity. Hope he gets his shit pushed in when they get him. But I doubt it since he is about to pack up and leave the country in ashes for the Ukrainian civilians to deal with

Bannon made a pretty good point this morning on his podcast.. but despite Russia having some losses, they have been using tactics similar to police during riots, where they kind of moves to encircle the rioters/Ukrainians and at a certain point they will be fully encircled and then going to bomb whatever resistance is left. You can see it here, as they currently already advancing to the west of Kiev from the North.

This in addition to controlling much more to the south in the last couple days. Soon the Eastern-middle part of the country is going to be cut off and helpless.

FNHbT9EXoAQnyyB
Looking like Russia will have control in a week or two, if the invasion keeps progressing at that rate.

"US military refuses to risk global thermonuclear war. Here's why that's a bad thing." Honk honk.

This shit I'm seeing from some leftists is just completely out to lunch. We have to learn to accept that if a nuclear super power is 100% determined to annex a non NATO state unfortunately there is little we can realistically do to stop it. We can't just absorb them at the last minute. The world sucks and is not fair. Welcome to the world. Glad NATO leaders won't be pressured into getting us all "cancelled".

don't get me wrong, I agree with you 100%. I been calling for Zelenskyy to throw in the towel since this started since the west is not coming and the Ukrainians are going to get destroyed. Just pointing out how the west is egging this on, despite doing nothing to stop it

All the people who will die starting from this day, will also die because of you and your weakness

Zelensky already in panic mode and lashes out at NATO (US basically). He just realised that he got duped in to a war he can’t win, and they won’t come to save his ass. Damn, man got played hard and the Ukrainian ppl are suffering because of his stupidity. Hope he gets his shit pushed in when they get him. But I doubt it since he is about to pack up and leave the country in ashes for the Ukrainian civilians to deal with

So how was he duped into this war exactly? Who whispered in his ear that NATO would be there for him?

don't get me wrong, I agree with you 100%. I been calling for Zelenskyy to throw in the towel since this started since the west is not coming and the Ukrainians are going to get destroyed. Just pointing out how the west is egging this on, despite doing nothing to stop it
You mean with the sanctions?

FNHbT9EXoAQnyyB
That is a Russian map isn't it? Looks quite different to this one from the BBC

_123537015_ukraine_russian_control_areas_map2x640-nc.png

FNHbT9EXoAQnyyB
It took America three weeks to topple Saddam and our doctrine is based on speed and overwhelming force.

Russian military doctrine is a lot slower, like you point out based on encirclement. And based on where they are now if anything they're moving faster than I expected. Kharkiv, Kiev, and Mariupol all have Russian forces on their outskirts and I imagine the Russians are setting up the forward operating bases and supply lines they're going to use to siege these cities.

Funny enough it seems like the slowest push is from the Donbass region and I suspect that might be on purpose. Putin's general strategy seems to be to push from north, north east, east, and south through various encirclement of key population centers to basically encircle the entire Ukrainian military in once its pushed into the center of the country.

But if he does so all at once the Ukrainian lines will retreat simultaneously which reduces their flanks. By not pushing in from the far east he forces Ukraine to commit forces there, away from Kiev and with a flank potentially threatened from the more aggressive northeast push.

But I'm no military expert, just trying to pick up stuff from the few sources I view as trustworthy.

So how was he duped into this war exactly? Who whispered in his ear that NATO would be there for him?
It was not explicitly said, but plenty of US and EU officials certainly made it appear as if they were ready to help if things escelate. They gave him this false convidence and riled him and the Ukrainians up only to realise that nobody is stepping in. Hence the panic video up here lol

It was not explicitly said, but plenty of US and EU officials certainly made it appear as if they were ready to help if things escelate. They gave him this false convidence and riled him and the Ukrainians up only to realise that nobody is stepping in. Hence the panic video up here lol
Was this before or after the invasion started? I know of the sanctions and taking Russia off of SWIFT but if these people were doing this before the invasion even happened then that is absolutely psychopathic.

And who came to Saddam's aid? It doesn't matter if Russia takes over Ukraine they will never be able to hold it.
I doubt they want to hold it. Most likely they will try to push as far as possible and once they hit a wall they will try to twist Ukraine's arm into a a favorable peace deal where Russians keep some or all of the Russophone areas they've taken.

The only X factor in Ukraine's favor is the depth of the sanctions on Russia which might not make it worth it to commit to time and resources to achieving the political objectives in Ukraine.

FNHbT9EXoAQnyyB

This seems to go against the narrative that this invasion is a massive failure. If you only watch mainstream media you'd think that they have barely set foot in the country.

Sadly, this is the truth and since the Russian army is incompetent they will resort to dumb brute force turning city after city into rubble. But the cost will be incredibly high for Russia, much higher than they expected given Putins latest remarks about the sanctions. There just can't be normalization after this. There is a new cold war, expect now without Russia being an actual influential powerhouse like the Soviet Union once was, especially lacking in soft power. Turning their country into North Korea basically. Congrats Putin.

Thats exactly right

Its what happens when you have young, incompetent and untrained leaders managing a country in crisis

You have to be able to adapt to changing conditions..when NATO refused to step in, he should have changed course rather than play hero and jeopardize the lives of his people

This seems to go against the narrative that this invasion is a massive failure. If you only watch mainstream media you'd think that they have barely set foot in the country.
I think its very clear that Putin's best case scenario was to scare Zelensky into either surrendering immediately or fleeing which would hurt the morale of the Ukrainian resistance and the Western alliance.

But if that didn't happen there was no way Ukraine would fold in just a few dozen hours the way some observers were expecting.

I been calling for Zelenskyy to throw in the towel since this started since the west is not coming and the Ukrainians are going to get destroyed.

Why?
Maybe better is to die with honor rather than slowly from starving as Kremlin's slaves?

Kremlin hoped that they will welcome russian military and hope on mercy from occupants.

Now best thing already is achieved: Russia had lost this game.
World will push Russia till state treasury default, very high unemployment %, most likely on food stamps.

Then Kremlin will have no escape: only to be appendix for China as cheap wood, oil and natural gas suppliers for prices dictated by China.

To make this happen faster, even China might implement sanctions on Russia and lift when Russia will agree with everything China will demand.

Putin and oligarchs anyway will not care: they does have gold, diamonds, mortgage, businesses and dollars. They will live with the same comfort level like nothing had happened.

The Ukrainians should do what they feel best and we should support what ever they choose within reason. I don't know what the best course of action for them is, but I do understand why they don't want to just bend over and take it up the bum from Russia. Just let these goons come to their land blow up their homes and make them "Russian" again. These are proud people many who would rather die I'm sure.

The west isn't really egging this on that much though. I'd call that out as I'd be completely terrified if it were. That's just a tweet from a junk cable news outlet. The American government calls the shots, and if you closely look at the language and policy coming from the white house right now they are being very measured and non confrontational. Letting Europe take the lead, and just outright laughing in reporter's faces when the words "no fly zone" come out of their mouth. They aren't even cutting Russian oil imports. This ain't their first rodeo, they know slow and steady wins the race.

I doubt they want to hold it. Most likely they will try to push as far as possible and once they hit a wall they will try to twist Ukraine's arm into a a favorable peace deal where Russians keep some or all of the Russophone areas they've taken.

The only X factor in Ukraine's favor is the depth of the sanctions on Russia which might not make it worth it to commit to time and resources to achieving the political objectives in Ukraine.
So Putin's meeting with Ukrainian ex-President Yanukovych was just a ploy to make us think he wanted to install a pro-Russian puppet? And what's the point of capturing Russian areas of Ukraine if Ukraine joins NATO? Or was that not his goal at all? I could see him looking for an out and trying to get as much out of a deal as possible but I don't believe that was his end game. He's clearly disturbed by the level of sanctions imposed on Russia no matter how prepared he claimed to be. Everything he's doing at this point seems like damage control.

Status
Not open for further replies.