• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Russia/Ukraine Megathread V5

Status
Not open for further replies.
How should it work? Infantry scouting the way looking for anti-tank crews? More tanks moving together?
Infantry protect the tank from other infantry because infantry have man portable anti-tank weapons, now more than ever. Tanks often work in pairs too. One moves whilst the other covers them. And mechanised infantry is really important because tanks can move more quickly then infantry on foot. Being mechanised affords the infantry protection from other infantry and allows them to keep up with the tanks until needed. So these instances of single tanks with no infantry support are really bad, even worse in urban terrain where the infantry man can easily hide and sneak up on a tank.

I’ve been near artillery being fired. Never served. But man that would be scary to be under artillery bombardment. I’d legit crap my pants.
Think many went in thinking they were going to fight IS abs as you said ran up against a modern military. It’s not a game.
It's crazy as hell as you watch people just walking around and theN BOOM! I'm like wtf are they doing! No way not me.

So when are you gonna do something about Biden? Freedom ain't free bro, and you guys got all the guns.

He has a far, far, lower approval rating than Putin or Xi btw (you'll probably dismiss that as 'pure fiction' because you've been trained to find
So when are you gonna do something about Biden? Freedom ain't free bro, and you guys got all the guns.

He has a far, far, lower approval rating than Putin or Xi btw (you'll probably dismiss that as 'pure fiction' because you've been trained to find that incredible; I imagine their numbers are fluffed a bit, but there's no real reason to believe they don't have genuine popularity, at least much higher than ol' Joe anyway). Clearly you guys aren't happy over there. So by your own standards - whatcha doin'.... ?

(ps: the 'spirit of 89' unleashed a decade of utter ruin for Russia, until some guy called Vlad showed up and stabilised the ship. Nobody ever stabilised the ship in Ukraine though, and it only got worse since the US coup in 2014. That doesn't exactly inspire confidence...)

Enjoy your visit

Oh sorry I missed that part. It's hard to catch back up each day... What predictions?

The tweet from 3 days ago predicting azov were going to put civilians into the theater and blow it up to blame on the Russians. One hell of a coincidence if the Russians actually did bomb it

LOL Anything other than Ukrainian coalition successes are getting zero coverage in US or Canadian media.

A lot of the "brave foreign fighters" aren't liking combat so much when they realize that they are up against an army with modern technology and not a bunch of peasant farmers in the ME or Africa.

Quick, forward this to your boy Putin.

He needs to see this.

Wow I know they're the invaders but that's really horrible now that I looked up close. You can see them trying to get out with smoke billowing out of the hatch. A follow up missile looks like it killed them before they could get away. War is hell.

They didn’t have to invade

This Hitler shit is hilarious. The accurate comparison for what Putin is doing would be George W. Bush or any of the other contemporary presidents who've ordered air strikes and special ops incursions into smaller, weaker countries.

Why would you specify the comparison to be one of “air strikes and special ops incursions”? That seems, without any discussion on the national issue, a strange one to make, as it would require one to believe that Russia’s actions here are of that type (“air strikes and special ops incursions”).

is it your belief that that is a valid description of the extent of Russia’s military action?

Yep. That’s a bit fresh abs hard for Americans to do though
Even Kaiser wilhelm going after Belgium would be better. Putin is bad but the comparison is so bad here

Kaiser Wilhelm’s forces moved through Belgium in an attempt to outflank France. That invasion was the means to an end of an entirely different action being engaged.

Do you believe Putin’s Russian forces are attempting to quickly move through Ukraine I’m an attempt to outflank a strong defensive position in a neighbouring country?

It's crazy as hell as you watch people just walking around and theN BOOM! I'm like wtf are they doing! No way not me.
Yes, I dont think these people made this decision with any real thought. This is not how you join a war, on a lark

LOL Anything other than Ukrainian coalition successes are getting zero coverage in US or Canadian media.

A lot of the "brave foreign fighters" aren't liking combat so much when they realize that they are up against an army with modern technology and not a bunch of peasant farmers in the ME or Africa.

Screen-Shot-2022-03-16-at-7-39-23-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2022-03-16-at-7-41-10-PM.png

Kaiser Wilhelm’s forces moved through Belgium in an attempt to outflank France. That invasion was the means to an end of an entirely different action being engaged.

Do you believe Putin’s Russian forces are attempting to quickly move through Ukraine I’m an attempt to outflank a strong defensive position in a neighbouring country?
It is a means to an end. He asked for Belgium to allow his troops through, they refused. This is similar enough to Ukraine that it fits better than Hitler.

Yes, I dont think these people made this decision with any real thought. This is not how you join a war, on a lark
Shoot I've seen average people with no weapons just walking around. Why would you stay there and act like nothing us happening?

Then you have snipers shooting from the buildings. Average people are staying put while they take shots. Hell no! No way I'm staying as they shoot from the buildings. That's why they're getting bombed. There's leaks that the CIA is helping these snipers. They trying to get average people bombed? I don't get it.

This is like the international brigades in the Spanish Civil War. They were thrown into the meat grinder and no one cared if they all died.
These guys are trying to do the right thing, only they have the media lying to them and telling them Russia is getting wrecked.

Shoot I've seen average people with no weapons just walking around. Why would you stay there and act like nothing us happening?

Then you have snipers shooting from the buildings. Average people are staying put while they take shots. Hell no! No way I'm staying as they shoot from the buildings. That's why they're getting bombed. There's leaks that the CIA is helping these snipers. They trying to get average people bombed? I don't get it.
The war is expanding and the Ukrainians want to fight, but with CIA help they will do just enough to get an artillery strike called on them.

Why would you specify the comparison to be one of “air strikes and special ops incursions”? That seems, without any discussion on the national issue, a strange one to make, as it would require one to believe that Russia’s actions here are of that type (“air strikes and special ops incursions”).

is it your belief that that is a valid description of the extent of Russia’s military action?

It's my belief that the US has been overthrowing governments and killing civilians in the global south for decades, so it's comparable to what Putin is doing.

A lot of the people crying about Ukraine give zero fucks about this happening to any country that isn't in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back