Russia/Ukraine Megathread V5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke about this a ton in almost all of the mega threads, but they are basically fulfilling their fantasy. Killing Commies.

Theis isngia is the combination of the SS bolts, and they paint swqastika on their helmets before going into battle
220303-azov-batallion-ukraine-mn-1450.jpg

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opini...-putin-s-denazification-claim-war-ncna1290946

Ok but why would the Azov battalion tell the locals that they were going to sacrifice women and children? Don't you think they would keep it a secret?

I don’t think they actually tell them anything. It’s just strange and suspicious to hold a lot of civilians under gunpoint in your HQs basement, so it didn’t go unnoticed by the population.

Damn, who would've thought that bombing a country unprovoked and killing its civilians would bring out the more radical unsavory elements of society into the limelight and stoke nationalism. It really doesn't muddy the waters at all. If the US was attacked, then I'd probably fight shoulder to shoulder with some racist skinheads or whatever, because it's better than being killed and conquered by some foreign power, and we all know for a fact that there are plenty of those in the country. Just because there's some racists around, it doesn't mean that the US needs a foreign power to bomb its major cities, kill people indiscriminately and annex its territories. This is an idiotic argument.

It's a bullshit excuse, because the reason he's going there is fear of NATO cutting off his and his friends' influence in the region, and delirious dreams of rebuilding something akin to what the USSR was. He's said as much several times. The social problems of the Ukrainians are an issue that they themselves will have to deal with, like anyone else, and they should be free to ask for assistance if needed by normal diplomatic channels. None of that has to do with what happened now.

To people surprised at the losses of the Russians vs US in other countries: yeah no shit, they are not attacking goat herders with a coalition of 20 developped countries, they're attacking a country that's been trained by NATO, expecting an attack, is being fed weapons by NATO and receives intelligence by NATO.
I'm not saying it's a bad thing that NATO helps Ukraine; I'm just saying that this war is not like attacking Talibans. Hopefully Putin stops, but I think he'll double down and this will end badly for everyone.

Could be bad... what is stopping Russia from helping any insurgency around the world trying to kill American soldiers? I think they have not done that since Vietnam...How many countries are US forces in? How many of them have people that don't like them? Blowback?

Imagine if the Taliban had igla and verba missles how much more death we'd had in Afghanistan.

To people surprised at the losses of the Russians vs US in other countries: yeah no shit, they are not attacking goat herders with a coalition of 20 developed countries, they're attacking a country that's been trained by NATO, expecting an attack, is being fed weapons by NATO and receives intelligence by NATO.
I'm not saying it's a bad thing that NATO helps Ukraine; I'm just saying that this war is not like attacking Talibans. Hopefully Putin stops, but I think he'll double down and this will end badly for everyone.
Yeah, that Third World Army that could not read or write in Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan sure killed thousands of American soldiers and Marines on the ground. They had no advanced weapons or air support. We (US) lost the war in all 3 countries. The NATO coalition in the Middle East was made up of 75% American forces. UK, Australia, Canada, and Germany made up the other 'developed' countries part.

There are Russian Nazis too you do know that right?

X’s nazis are worse than Y’s nazis is not a productive game to play. You have to admit that Ukraine having a nazi regiment is an absolutely terrible look. The only good thing about Russia and Ukraine both having nazi regiments might expose a larger problem in Eastern Europe as a whole.

Didn't Russia already give up on the "de-nazification" already?
Seems like even Putin doesn't care that much
Imagine believing this excuse for an invasion anyway

It really doesn't though. It might have people Larping as Nazis, but unless they have tortured/killed jews, they're playing glorified dress up.

New Frontline was good

Julia Ioffe reminds me of Lindsey from Polyamory on Showtime from years ago. Ioffe is like an older version. They both do this glare thing at times.

LOL! Like it's America's interest but not the people who are actually being invaded. You'd make your own country the villain to blame it's current President. How dare the US and EU offer Ukraine more freedom and prosperity than they could ever get being aligned with Russia. <3>
the liberating force of American capitalism, eh? scary days here... Libs using neocon language. I should probably tap out of following this all together

If I were a Ukrainian in wwii I’d have probably have fought for the nazis too. Due to the whole genocide by Stalin. That said even the Jews of Kiev welcomed the nazis as liberators in 41 when the Axis took the city. people don’t understand how much Stalin was hated

for now I’d i were Ukraine I’d accept anyone who would fight. Same as if the USA was facing a red dawn. I’d take black Israelites, klansmen, furries, gang members, anyone who’d fire at the enemy

It really doesn't though. It might have people Larping as Nazis, but unless they have tortured/killed jews, they're playing glorified dress up.
Think they legit have been killing people for a while in the east of Ukraine. They are pretty mean and do some awful stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.