Crime It happened, I got an invite to a job course about micro aggression

Joe_Armstrong

Starfleet Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
My first instinct is too go guns blazing into the discussion about how stupid this all is.
And say we should watch out we don't get too woke as a company.
Also want to ask the course leader if he heard about Critical Race Theory and what he thinks about it.

It said in the invite that when you ask someone where he/she is originally from or say that he speaks
our language excellently is cause for this person to feel unsafe.

I definitly plan to explain the difference between racism and discrimination.
I mean when I say muslim commit lots of terrorist attacks isnt just a fact,
it also isn't racism since muslim isnt a race. Anyone white,black, red, yellow can be a muslim.

My instinct says I should just keep my mouth shut the whole time,but I just cant do it.

Any suggestions how I could discuss the problem neutrally and diffuse this woke activity,
without losing my job ?
Maybe some one liners that state my point ?

Thanks America for bringin this to my country

Last edited:
Probably corporate mandated. Sat through a couple of these and there is always inherent bias regardless if they claim there isn’t.
I watched one and they had this psychology chick pretty hot Indian and she quoted Hellen Keller.

“Hellen Keller said” I damn near lost it.
No she didn’t. I know your lying to me.

stay strong man

Just tell them that adults are supposed to communicate directly, and that only a child would expect everyone to read their mind, and tiptoe around their sensibilities.

You could also tell them that most of the stuff they consider micro aggressions is actually just small talk and methods to not have to sit in complete silence around strangers. Like asking someone where they are from.

My first instinct is too go guns blazing into the discussion about how stupid this all is.
Also want to ask the course leader if he heard about Critical Race Theory and what he thinks about it.

It said in the invite that when you ask someone where he/she is originally from or say that he speaks
our language excellently is cause for this person to feel unsafe

I definitly plan to explain the difference between racism and discimination.
it also isn't racism since muslim isnt a race. Anyone white,black, red, yellow can be a muslim.

My instinct says I should just keep my mouth shut the whole time,but I just cant do it.

Any suggestions how I could discuss the problem neutrally and diffuse this woke activity,
without losing my job ?

As awful as it sounds to have to sit through that nonsense.
You also sound like the opposite ended type of moron.

Like the guy who at a bar during an NFL game leans over to someone and goes, "yea I can't watch football anymore after the kneeling. I knew people that died in Afghanistan"

Last edited:
Get ready for the intersectionality olympics. Brown, female, transsexual follower of Islam cannot be topped. It's the victim olympics and they will try to label certain people as oppressors. You aren't guilty for what people did 60 years ago. You aren't guilty for what happened 200 years ago.

Quote Martin Luther King Jr. about judging a man by his character and not the color of his skin.

Never apologize for your skin color, or the skin colors of those in your community. God made you the color he wanted you to be. None is better than any other

And don't apologize for who works at your company. Who cares what colors work there. Hire the best team of people that work well together. And don't let them make you feel bad for it.

Last edited:
As awful as it sounds to have to sit through that nonsense.
You also sound like the opposite ended type of moron.

Like the guy who at a bar during an NFL game leans over to someone and goes, "yea I can watch football anymore after the kneeling. I knew people that died in Afghanistan"

I'm open to criticism but have no idea what you are talking about.
But I don't watch American Hand Ball.

I'm open to criticism but have no idea what you are talking about.
But I don't watch American Hand Ball.
It was suppose to say "yea I can't watch football anymore after the kneeling. I knew people that died in Afghanistan"
I saw an old guy once say that to a black guy at a bar. Black guy didnt even hear him, he was so focused on the game.

Oh and fuck soccer.

Sounds like you have nothing you could learn and have it all figured out.

I got macro aggressive with a customer yesterday when he tried to pay me less than the agreed upon amount. He's Chinese. Wonder if I was being racist?
You're a white man?

We had one a few months back. It was actually two hours long too, I talked about it in one of the old Lounges. Think it's pretty much mandatory for Big companies nowadays.

Best bet is to just shake your head and nod while opening another browser on Sherdog for two hours.

our language excellently is cause for this person to feel unsafe

I definitly plan to explain the difference between racism and discimination.

without losing my job ?

Tomorrow when everyone gets ready to go, them them " Nah I'm good thanks" .

Back