Social Worst acid reflux/heartburn

Holy crap, that's even more expensive than Zantac Maximum Strength.

Did I sound poor?
It's mostly because they include shipping, which is international. This stuff is instant relief though, not like pills.

One of the fondest memories I have of a Chinese buffet is this one time where I saw this old man standing in front a steam table with a twinkle in his eyes and a goofy smile on his face. Out of nowhere, he blurted out, "Mmm, Chinese pizza!"

It was so wholesome and hilarious at the same time. Every time I see a pizza at a Chinese buffet, I can't help but think of that old man and his facial expression.

lol!!!

Not long ago I read a book by a doctor that advocated for removing all dairy products from ones diet. One of his observations was that most of his patients that did stop eating dairy products was that their heart burn/gerd issues went away.

A couple of times, the acid came up while I was sleeping and swelled up my throat shut. I couldn't breathe. I hate hiatal hernia.

Ive had acid reflux since I was a kid and I just drink water when it happens to stop the burn. I have kind of just gotten used to it.

Usually I don't get it, but I have got it in my lungs on two different occasions. Nothing like being dead a sleeping and then waking up feeling like you are going to die. Can't breath, can't quit coughing, fun times.

I used to get it often. Very painful.

I'm sure that some fruit (bananas, apples) give me GERD, pepper on german salami, and tea might do (I may require execution for this, or deportation to a tent in the Middle East. Maybe I'll room with Shamima Begum?)

Also, I get it when putting too much weight on my chest during exercise, and doing too many push ups.

I used to be fine, until I had the nastiest throat infection that I ever had. On and off since then.

I had a bout of acid reflux that lasted over a month. I just kept pounding tums and Zantac like tic tacs. Eventually it got so bad that i would just cough a couple times then puke blood. Doc said that my esophagus was raw from the constant vomiting .

I think I've permanently fucked up my throat. I have chronic LPR now. It's the type of reflux that doesn't even cause heartburn most of the time. You just know it's happening when there's constant mucus buildup in your throat and it just gets tight.

When it started I noticed a ton of mucus to the point where I had to constantly swallow it while laying down at night. It was like never ending post nasal drip. Then my voice started giving out. It sounded like I had laryngitis for eight months straight. When it was at it's worst I could hardly talk and it was a giant strain to project my voice. Mind you, very few instances of heartburn through out all of this. It was just peptides leaking out into my esophagus.

Finally, when I finally had the cause nailed down I had to make some changes... I now sleep with a wedge pillow at night to stay elevated. I also eat slower. When I notice that my throat starts getting tight and mucus starts building up I take Gaviscon right away... and the good Gaviscon from England, not the trash they sell in the US. The stuff that's not approved by the FDA has sodium alginate in it and works like a charm.
<EdgyBrah>

Eat at a Sichuan Restaurant then post back in this thread
Sichuan_Hot_Pot_or_Chengdu_Hot_Pot.jpg

I never get it thankfully because I love spicy food.

I used to get heartburn but didn't know that is what it was and i pretty much just ignored it. Then I found out it was heartburn and now it bothers me. ignorance is bliss.

my impression about the reflux events is, at least for me, that they are maybe triggered by :

* eating a lot of bad food too late,eg. candies, meat, spicy food...
* drinking too much
* combination of above
* stress

im lacatose intolerant... not sure which is worse...never trying ben and jerrys or acid reflux

Ive never had acid reflux. I eat unprocessed foods like veggies and meat like caveman did...I dont trust these corporations plus they seed milk in everything. Like chips and noodles.

Last edited:
im lacatose intolerant... not sure which is worse...never trying ben and jerrys or acid reflux

Ive never had acid reflux. I eat unprocessed foods like veggies and meat like caveman did

81eazvX1kBL._AC_SX679_.jpg

I never get it thankfully because I love spicy food.
Huge fan of thai food. I stayed in Thailand more than anyplace on a tour of orient -10 countries 3 months and stayed in Thailand half that time. I dont get crazy like 7/10 is my limit but can eat it every meal.

Back