Social Office space trends

Your Account

reacted to your score
@Silver
Reaction score
What are they ?
For example , this is the chronology :

* pre-covid - > very rare work from home possibility, why , I don't know, was possible then , but maybe management wanted 'the control' , or whatever else was the reason
* covid -> whoever was technically able to work from home and could do the job like that , worked from home
* post covid- > again , many companies are trying to force people to come to office , although those same people were working for 1-2 years 100% full remote with the same or even better results than from the office

Whats the logic there ?
Companies would like to have bigger yearly costs due to bills they will have to pay for renting office spaces ?

Two Chicks at the Same Time.
1ygfne.jpg

Lets start with the fact that you're making up some of your "facts", such as getting the same or better results with people working remotely. Lets not pretend that was typical for most companies.

Glad I don't work in the office. But it's about control & accessibility. I told my manager once when I worked at AMD, that he was mistaken if he thinks I'm working just because I'm in the office. A lot of government agencies have an office mindset.

Yeah, office space... 20 year old movie but today the way we work in IT is precisely described there lol
Amazing movie

A lot of people lie and claim they're more productive from home but aren't.

When my company outsourced a lot of their customer service people last year they had to choose who to let go.... Using production numbers as criteria. Unsurprisingly, all but one of the reps that were laid off worked remotely. Some of them worked in the office before COVID and their numbers had drastically dropped once they started working from home.

The technical writer that was here before me worked from home and got let go when her six month contract was up because she was a shitty communicator and my boss had no clue what she was working on half the time. We have project management software that all she had to do was use regularly and update and she couldn't even do that. When you're working from home, that communication is key.

Office space and Something about Mary....... 2 greatest comedies of late 90s. Both had me flat out laughing till it hurts .

Too bad they don't make good comedies like these anymore.

When my company outsourced a lot of their customer service people last year they had to choose who to let go.... Using production numbers as criteria. Unsurprisingly, all but one of the reps that were laid off worked remotely. Some of them worked in the office before COVID and their numbers had drastically dropped once they started working from home.

The technical writer that was here before me worked from home and got let go when her six month contract was up because she was a shitty communicator and my boss had no clue what she was working on half the time. We have project management software that all she had to do was use regularly and update and she couldn't even do that. When you're working from home, that communication is key.
I don't know anyone that is more productive at home

Lets start with the fact that you're making up some of your "facts", such as getting the same or better results with people working remotely. Lets not pretend that was typical for most companies.

Yea I caught several people fucking off at work. There was one person using damn near 30% of the resources on the remote server every single day. This is a women who does secretary work it made no sense. So I decide fuck it and connect to her session to see what's doing. She has word open and has the letter W held down by something and it's just typing the letter W nonstop. I was honestly more shocked that this was causing such heavy usage on the server.

I normally don't give a shit what people do at work but I had to rat her out because management was asking me why things were running so slow and it was because of her.

Yea I caught several people fucking off at work. There was one person using damn near 30% of the resources on the remote server every single day. This is a women who does secretary work it made no sense. So I decide fuck it and connect to her session to see what's doing. She has word open and has the letter W held down by something and it's just typing the letter W nonstop. I was honestly more shocked that this was causing such heavy usage on the server.

I normally don't give a shit what people do at work but I had to rat her out because management was asking me why things were running so slow and it was because of her.

200.gif

I used to play Madden while on meetings (speaker phone on mute) because the meetings as most are, were useless. I worked from home 90% of the time from 2007 to 2012. I wasn't unproductive, I got all my work done and we were successful. My boss would be on our meetings literally while on the football field coaching his son in the afternoon.

I’m guessing even the jobs who promote “good work/life balance” in their ads are still assholes about it.

But yes… the Covid era has definitely encouraged and enabled the snowflakes.

There is a middle ground somewhere though.

More sensors for data stream acquisitions (datasets) that enhance the development of strategies designed to optimize existing office space or future office space initiatives.

Back