Social To protect my yard, I'm treating my neighbor's weeds

Cherry Brigand

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
As you'll no doubt recall from this legendary thread, I have invested significant time, effort and money in redoing my yard. I prepped and laid down zoysia in the back yard last June and prepped and laid down fescue in the front last October. The former is still coming out of hibernation, but the latter looks beautiful.

My neighbor- who is literally a hobo in a house- moved in about 6 months after we did into a house that was immaculate. He has since let it fall apart because he is a lazy slob. Where once there was a beautiful lawn, there is now bare ground and weeds.

So they do not infringe on my amazing emerald paradise, I have taken to spraying weedkiller on his yard as I do my spot treatments. I won't be going through all the effort to maintain my yard and allow his sloth to negatively impact me. What would you do?

TLDR: My lawn rules. My hobo neighbor's lawn has no hobo treats so I'm treating it for weeds myself to protect my investment. Some will say I've gone too far.

Lawn of sherdogger (fore). Lawn of a fat no good bum (background):

2022-05-17_17-38-04.gif

Hobo slob's 'lawn' (close up):

2022-05-17_17-40-14.gif

As you'll no doubt recall from this legendary thread, I have invested significant time, effort and money in redoing my yard. I prepped and laid down zoysia in the back yard last June and prepped and laid down fescue in the front last October. The former is still coming out of hibernation, but the latter looks beautiful.

My neighbor- who is literally a hobo in a house- moved in about 6 months after we did into a house that was immaculate. He has since let it fall apart because he is a lazy slob. Where once there was a beautiful lawn, there is now bare ground and weeds.

So they do not infringe on my amazing emerald paradise, I have taken to spraying weedkiller on his yard as I do my spot treatments. I won't be going through all the effort to maintain my yard and allow his sloth to negatively impact me. What would you do?

TLDR: My lawn rules. My hobo neighbor's lawn has no hobo treats so I'm treating it for weeds myself to protect my investment. Some will say I've gone too far.

View attachment 923491

View attachment 923492
Hank Hill approves!

hqdefault.jpg

My neighbor is going through the exact same thing. Guy before him always had his lawn looking good. New guy let it go to shit in like a year. They had to completely resod the whole thing. Worst part is, it's just going to shit again. This guy isn't lazy though he just doesn't know what he's doing. I'm pretty sure insects are killing it because that's what was happening to me until I figured it out and got some product to get rid of it.

I don't do anything to his yard. All I have to do is properly maintain my yard and all the weeds and shit will stick to his side. Using preemergent and insect killers is more than enough to keep all the garbage in his lawn. Luckily I live in an HOA so no one can let their yard get as bad as the pic in the OP without receiving several letters about it.

When you say weedkiller, the stuff that kills everything? Cos my lazy ass useless neighborur sprayed their whole lawn and it grows back super weeds. Lazy fuck, some of those weeds are waist high. Shit comes under the fence too, its annoying.

You're treating his weeds ?

You mean like dinner and a movie ?

What Kind of grass seed would you recommend for areas that get lots of sun?

It depends. I think some people never really owned a home so they don't even think about lawns. Our friend's dad left him a home when he was in his late teens. My friend would get really passive aggressive letters about lawn maintenance from his neighbors that he never met before in his life. Neighbors were a little bit intense though. They would get mad if we parked on the street when we came over to watch UFC or play basketball. Got mad when we closed the front door too loud etc etc.

View attachment 923491

View attachment 923492

if you did that to me you would face some kind of serious repercussions as i don't want poison on my yard. you really have no right to do it and i would probably lawyer up (if you did not honor an initial friendly talk) and sue you or worse.

the kind of yard you keep is a health hazard to human beings and should probably be illegal anyway. i dont know why anybody uses that stuff honestly. .

Last edited:
Fucking Gophers went nuts on my back lawn. I finally had to rip it all out and start over. This time with Gopher Mesh under it. So far. So good. Got some weird "extra green" spots that I can't explain though. Anyone know what causes that??? It's all the same Turf... Maybe it's getting extra fertilizer from the decomposing bodies of dead Gophers that got caught in the Mesh as they attempted to re-destroy my lawn.

<{jackyeah}>

OBt9NVXihnNwIio6Cq2J10WJt26N3T

Last edited:
I'd have you arrested for trespassing and attempted murder. How do you know that poor neighbor guy isn't deathly allergic to poison like most people?? You were supposed to be taught as a child if it's not yours don't touch it, sad you were raised by such heathen parents. Or start a HOA and kick him out.

Back