"If I have chance to take Judo Olympic gold medal or Freestyle?...please, Judo"- Khabib

He didn't even put on a gi until late teens?

Khabib does utilized grappling which includes wrestling. I feel like TS only want to argue semantics. Here's some knowledge for your limited computational brain capacity, TS. Pre 2010, many judokas utilized many wrestling moves such as single leg and ankle pick until IJF banned those moves.

There are only so many ways to take down or throw down your opponents, and if you think wrestlers from a thousand years ago didn't know Ouchi Gari or Osoto Gari before Kano named those moves as such, you're a fool. They bound to share similarities.

High level judo is beautiful. I remember it seemed like anytime Hector Lombard actually wanted to trip or throw someone, he could. But unfortunately he was not too interested in grappling much in mma, kinda like Romero wouldn’t use his wrestling.

High level judo is beautiful. I remember it seemed like anytime Hector Lombard actually wanted to trip or throw someone, he could. But unfortunately he was not too interested in grappling much in mma, kinda like Romero wouldn’t use his wrestling.

I remember his fight against Jake Shield. His judo throws were very impressive.

Nobody could stop Judo fighters if UFC happened with a gi, in the streets, the best martial art with lethal throws.
I see how wrestling and BJJ are important in MMA, and the martial arts which emphasize striking of course, but I'm not clear as to how judo can play an important role other than to get your opponent to the mat, which wrestling can already do....can someone explain judo to me regarding how it's important to MMA?

I see how wrestling and BJJ are important in MMA, and the martial arts which emphasize striking of course, but I'm not clear as to how judo can play an important role other than to get your opponent to the mat, which wrestling can already do....can someone explain judo to me regarding how it's important to MMA?
You and your opponent can both wrestle, so when his wrestling nullifies yours, judo techniques that he hasn't prepared for can come in extremely handy.

You and your opponent can both wrestle, so when his wrestling nullifies yours, judo techniques that he hasn't prepared for can come in extremely handy.
Also, judo throws/trips are extremely energy-efficient as opposed to wrestling's which can be very taxing on the fighter's cardio. This comes in handy in later rounds when a fighter wants to take it to the mat without expending loads of energy.

How many judoka based champs have we had in the UFC vs wrestlers?
Oh, that's right...

View attachment 926640

https://www.vividseats.com/blog/ufc-champions-fighting-style
What the hell kind of garbage source is this? We've had one karate based champion in the UFC and its...Whittaker? Somehow I think someone is being forgotten here
s-l400.jpg

Khabib does utilized grappling which includes wrestling. I feel like TS only want to argue semantics. Here's some knowledge for your limited computational brain capacity, TS. Pre 2010, many judokas utilized many wrestling moves such as single leg and ankle pick until IJF banned those moves.

There are only so many ways to take down or throw down your opponents, and if you think wrestlers from a thousand years ago didn't know Ouchi Gari or Osoto Gari before Kano named those moves as such, you're a fool. They bound to share similarities.

This^

So much Judo can be thrown out the window when facing really good wrestlers. They know and can defend practically all the moves.

And things like head-lock throws (head/arm throws) start to dissipate in mens wrestling at the Jr High level as the kids can defend the hip tosses easy by then.

Im not dissing Judo. I think its all in how you train it. Like above said the Judo rules took out leg TDs so Judo got chopped down.

The essence of Judo can be found across all the grappling arts and should always be used.

DC5EB28F-41B2-4111-80F0-083FD579AE1D.jpg

Because heknows he has no chance in wrestling.

One male judoka has earned a ufc title shot

That really is part of human nature, growing up in Dagestan he's undoubtedly been brutally mogged by wrestlers, and did relatively well in judo and of course sambo, resulting in him having more positive associations with the latter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heffa77
Back