Ankalaev is better than Jiri everywhere

I think he is technically sound enough on the feet to not get hurt and it lead to a finish and I think he has the wrestling to stay on top and do damage. I expect Ankalaev to beat Jiri after Smith. Jiri keeps taking a lot of bombs in every fight he's had so far in the UFC.

jiri is massive

and ankalaev looked weak against ankalaev.

Can't play MMA math, 42 year old Glover wasn't supposed to beat Jan, and tonight had this fight won.

Easily, Ankalaev KO's Jiri early. Too many openings. Glover had him all night, just kept giving up position going for the worst submissions. Could've fucked him up with some ground and pound several times.

When you face a guy like Jiri, you are severely discouraged after few exhanges. It's gonna be interesting fight, but still think Jiri edges the odds or its a coin flip at most. That fight against Santos was a minor setback for your theory.

Jiri knows it too, which is why he will try to avoid Ankalaev and fight 39 year old Jan.

Easily, Ankalaev KO's Jiri early. Too many openings. Glover had him all night, just kept giving up position going for the worst submissions. Could've fucked him up with some ground and pound several times.
I'm not sure about the early part, but once things go bad for Jiri, Ankalaev will be more careful than Glover was

The UFC will keep Ankalaev away from the belt. He will have to win 10+ in a row. Watch

Is Reyes a very good striker? He's pretty basic. Super athletic and pretty quick, but skill wise he's nothing special.
Stephen Thompson called his striking elite a while ago and Reyes has actually very good timing.

Back