Rakhmonov vs Usman

The dude has not fought a legit contender yet. I would have to see him fight some legit contenders before I even think he would beat Usman.

He beat a gatekeeper who he was tailor made to beat. Usman has god level TDD.

Chimaev beating Belal would make him the #1 contender, above Rakhmonov, for sure.

Of course. Shavkat beats Magny and now he’s all of a sudden a problem for one of the most dominant welterweights we’ve ever seen.

Seriously, I’m a big fan of Shavkat, but you folks are so quick to overrate and underrate everyone after a single fight.

He definitely has a style that could give Usman problems …. But he needs to face a couple top guys for experience against that level - can’t just jump straight to it

Maybe they will be scheduled to fight sometimes next year ?
It looks like Rakhmonov would beat Usman.
I agree, his wrestling might be good enough to negate usman and his standup could be brutal with his accuracy and better kicks ,but it would be one I’d love to see

Magny was ranked 10, lets give this guy another rank opponent... not wonderboy.... Luque, Brady, Burns, Belal, Chiesa, etc.

Not wonderboy... wonderboy doesn't have the confidence to stuff takedowns currently so his callout would be pointless and wouldn't show anything.

Usman’s knees won’t last long enough IMO, but beating monsters like Khamzat and Shavmat would be massive for his legacy. This is a new breed from the global expansion that have dominated the American-born talent pool. No more antiquated, basic fighters like Matt Hughes and Matt Serra winning titles in this game, with all due respect to those that helped pave the way.

He beat a gatekeeper who he was tailor made to beat. Usman has god level TDD.
And way more power and experience. And maybe better conditioning. And probably better coaching.

We don't know enough about Shavkat but he is exciting so far.

Magny was a good win, especially the way he just never let such a veteran like Magny never have a comfortable moment. But he needs at the very least one more real good win before that should be considered. A fight with Belal Muhammed(rank 5) or Vicente Luque(6) could be a next good step. I doubt Mas(8) would take a fight with him even though rankings wise it'd make sense, and I think they should avoid the Brady(9) match for now if they can as I think both guys are destined for the top 5. And that fight is better suited down the road when they're both within the top 5. And I like Thompsons(7) want to fight either Holland, Or Periera. That and I think Rakhmonov would just be a bad match for thompson so don't think it'd be a real great test against the 40 year old. But both the Belal or Luque fight seems like great options. Feel like Belal would say no and want something up the rankings, but Vicente would probably be game as he's coming off a clear set back to belal and would be looking to get his name back on the map.

Edit: Didn't realize Luque already has a fight against Geoff Neal atm.

Last edited:
Usman would lose against both zat and kat. His wrestling is overrated af and he’s as clueless as Gaethje off of his back.

this division is turning very interresting right now

only 2 fights from the title:
Rakhmonov vs Burns
Rakhmonov vs Colby

Back