FACT: its only the casuals who don't like Izzy's fight style.

stacrafty

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Theress a lot of you on here, the bulk of the forum.

Izzy fights to create a zone where no one can get close. Through feints, jabs and kicks. Any movement forward gets met with these and stalls opponents, making them question themselves. Should they get through, then barely any hit as his ability to control range, slip and evade is just too good.

Its truly masterful to watch that he can do this to opponents.

Of course, when I want something less technical to watch, I can appreciate a fight like Babarana and Lawler, appreciate they threw caution to the wind and battled like that.

If you're a coach or a fighter, what Izzy is doing is perfect - not taking any damage, picking apart his opponents and effectively neutering them, and if they make enough mistake or Izzy finds his target, finishing them. Keeps longevity, is low risk, ensures he can stay active, short turn around on rest periods and be back in the gym training - pretty much perfect.

Its only boring if you haven't evolved past just bleed, or you're a casual. Nothing wrong with that, you're probably UFC's biggest largest segment. But judging from the threads that will come and the comments, that's most of you.

It is what it is.

It's okay to not like his style.
(I do like his style btw)

I guarantee you that if another fighters fights and wins the exact same, he wouldn't get nearly the same amount of hate.
People love to hate Izzy.

What happens when he fights someone with the same style?

Like 2 opposite side magnets repelling each other…

2 fighters content to not engage so neither one can get through. Both can remain at a comfortable range. Maybe a safe low calf kick duel……

It's okay to not like his style.
(I do like his style btw)

I guarantee you that if another fighters fights and wins the exact same, he wouldn't get nearly the same amount of hate.
People love to hate Izzy.

Guys like Conor easily finish their opponents if there's that much of a gap in striking ability. Izzy is boring.

I'm no casual. I can see how good Izzy skillet is. It's frustrating when he doesn't use it to full potential.

200.gif

Nah I like izzy's fight style. He's very intelligent but no one at 185 has the striking IQ and reach advantage to really test him outside of Alex. So Alex will be the Real big test for him.

It’s impressive how talented he is. Just not my favorite to watch since he turns into a sparring session. I guess I am a casual though.

<[analyzed}>

Back