Media Josh Emmett is getting robbed from his FTW title shot?

Tevfik1907

Being P4P No.1 = GOAT Requirement
Banned
Reaction score

time:10:20

Josh Emmett has;
- Finished No.3 ranked Featherweight Lamas (Lamas finished Charles Oliveira before)
- 5 UFC Featherweight win streak
- Finished Michael Johnson
- Finished No.12 ranked Featherweight Bektic
- Won a decision vs. No.10 ranked Featherweight Burgos
- Won a decision vs. No.9 ranked Featherweight Dan Ige
- Won a decision (although Split Decision) vs. No.4 ranked Featherweight Kattar

I think he should be the next guy in line. Its weird that Volk thinks Emmett doesn't deserve a title shot and says that no one left to fight for him in FW.

Emmett won against 4 top 10 ranked Featherweights in a row. He already beat no.3 ranked Lamas via KO before as well, with that, 5 top 10 ranked Featherweight wins in total.

There are also others like Bryce Mitchell (6 UFC FW win streak), Allen Arnold (9 UFC FW win streak) with win streaks that they can easily get a title shot with only 1 win.

Last edited:
Beating Burgos and Ige via decision isn't gonna get him a title shot. The Kattar win is a solid win, but as you said, it was a split and contested decision. He needs to get a convincing top win for people to take him more seriously.

I think it would boost Volk's resume. Also Emmett is the highest ranked FW that Volk hasn't fought. Listen Volk will probably win, but never know if Emmett could clip him because he has power and showed he can go 5 rounds.

Last edited:
Tbh I like Emmet as a person, but it is better that someone like Yair gets title shot (if he wins). Emmet does exatcly what Volk does, only worse and more limited with worse cardio. I can at least count on Yair to give Volk different looks and being fast in that fight, 2 things that Volk feasts on when they are missing.

Though if he gets it, I will not complain.

He needs another good win first. His streak isn't that impressive tbh, Kattar being his best win and it was a contested split decision. I like Josh, he seems like a solid guy and is a great fighter, but sticking him in there with Volk isn't going to do him any favours right now as it is.

Would like to see him fight the winner of Ortega vs Yair since both guys don't deserve a titlefight with a win either. Honestly Emmet vs Kattar and Yair vs Ortega was dumb matchmaking. Should've switched it up between the four.

this PR blitz is not winning anyone over. I hope he gets stiffed now

Volk isn't gonna get a 155lbs title shot straightway he doesn't have the name value. He'll have to beat one maybe 2 solid contenders they are not gonna give him the Conor, Nunes, DC treatment. A lot of guys at 55 are a lot more popular. Emmett will get a shot either at Volk or a vacant/interim title.

LOL @ robbed. 17/19 media judges thought he lost his last fight over a middling contender and somehow he is "owed" a title shot? The guy got ktfo by Jeremy Stephens who hasn't won a fight since ffs. Idiotic thread is idiotic. Volk doesn't need to waste his time at 145 anymore. If he wants to go up, he has more than proven himself

I'd like to see Emmett vs Evolev and the winner of Yair/Ortega vs Allen. I know I live in fantasy land, but let Volks hand recover, maybe make an interim belt if he goes off and tries to make the Cejudo or Oliveira fight even. These FW contenders need to earn it and the old should mix with the new to actually see who's best fit to challenge the king.

Emmett probably deserves a shot now, but his last few wins have been unimpressive close decisions so he certainly hasn't made himself undeniable.

Just make a Josh Emmett/Arnold Allen #1 contender fight while Volk heals up from the hand injury. There will be zero doubt that the winner of that fight will have earned a title shot, it will be undeniable.

He could capitalize off of this by "sticking it to the man" like Colby did when he was the interim, without all the MAGA stuff obviously. If he truly doesn't get a title shot, then he should eyeing for a main card fight in the next big PPV and win in an impressive fashion and call Dana and Campbell out in the post-fight.

he's ok.. but he's got nothing for volk.

i think if yair gets by ortega he'll probably get next.

Back