Crime Former Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe Assassinated During Speech

What we know so far:

- Weapon was a homemade saw off shotgun
- Shot 2 to 3 times in the back
- Wounds reported on left chest and neck
- Unresponsive with no vital signs after being rushed to hospital
- Shooter did not attempt to run and was apprehended on the spot

At this point, it's just a formality to declare Abe dead.

Dunno, but likely done by a left-winger as guessed by @Yehudim. This article after he left office in 2020 reflected on his time in power.

Shinzo Abe: Revisionist Nationalist or Pragmatic Realist?

Defining Shinzo Abe and his legacy following his resignation as Japan's longest serving post-war prime minister divides commentators both within Japan and internationally.

To his critics, Mr. Abe represents the attitudes of an older, conservative generation intent on downplaying Japan's wartime record, while pursuing a potentially troubling and overly assertive foreign policy. To his supporters, the prime minister has boosted the country's global standing, realizing its national interests by harmonizing its legitimate ambitions with its clout as the world's third largest economy.

In truth, both images of Mr. Abe are accurate. As an instinctive conservative politician intent on restoring Japan's pride both at home and abroad, Abe worked consistently during his eight years in office to bolster the country's national identity and historical traditions.

He reaffirmed the position of the emperor in Japan's civic life (ushering in the new "Reiwa" era and helping notably to manage the transition to a new emperor following the abdication of Emperor Akihito in April 2019); moved away from overly self-critical historical narratives in high-school textbooks; and sought to revise the country's post-war constitution. This nationalist agenda has been primarily domestically focused.

By contrast, in foreign affairs (whether in security or economic policy), Abe has been a quintessential pragmatist. He reinforced existing alliances (most notably with the US) and developed new partnerships with regional and global actors, both democracies and authoritarian regimes, independent of their ideological leanings. Abe's achievements as prime minister have, like so many political careers, been the result of a combination of good luck and shrewd electoral calculation and timing.

His victories in six electoral contests (three lower and three upper house contests since 2012) have been facilitated by Japan's weak and fragmented opposition parties and by Mr Abe's unremitting focus on delivering economic prosperity for a domestic electorate that is non-ideological and prizes stability at home over foreign policy adventurism abroad.
Thanks bruh (bro, brav?)

Sounds like an inward looking nationalist. Taking pride in ones culture and not allowing past mistakes be used to guilt your country into undermining it's identity and traditions is the right way to lead if you ask me. The past is to be learned from not lived in, and a culture that's big on ancestry reverence shouldn't discard what the emperor represented. I think there's value in being in touch with your roots as long as it's not done at the expense of others.

At the same time, from what limited knowledge I have, he was the polar opposite of the self flagellating SJW who'd willingly lay down so a minority could walk over a puddle. So maybe a little over proud? No idea, but I'm in favor of not going overboard in either direction.

Either way, as I said, odd timing.

No fucking way.

This feels like an april fools news headline.

Shot 3 times in the back with a shotgun? He dead.

Wild news, thought he was PM. Would like to know the motive, have an idea, not well versed enough on Japanese stuff other than AOT.

The guy and his gun. Definitely looks like some homemade contraption:

^^ former pm got taken down by two pipes taped to a board

1657258590712.jpg

Japan’s ex-PM Shinzo Abe in ‘grave’ condition after being shot | News | Al Jazeera

"Japan’s former Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is in “grave condition” after being shot while delivering an election campaign speech in the city of Nara, his successor, Fumio Kishida, has said.

Kishida condemned Friday’s attack against Abe in the “strongest terms” and said he was praying the 67-year-old would survive.

The motive for the attack was not yet known, added Kishida, who cut short a campaign appearance in the northern prefecture ofYamagata and returned by helicopter to his official residence in the capital, Tokyo.

Chief Cabinet Secretary Hirokazu Matsuno told reporters Abe, who was in Nara campaigning ahead of Sunday’s election for the parliament’s upper house, had been shot at about 11:30am (02:30 GMT). “Such an act of barbarity cannot be tolerated,” Matsuno said.

The NHK public broadcaster, citing the local fire department, said Abe was “showing no vital signs”. Quoting Japanese police, NHK said Abe appeared to have been shot from behind with a shotgun and said its reporter on the scene heard “what sounded like a gun going off twice”.

The broadcaster aired footage showing Abe collapsed on the street, with several security guards running towards him. Abe was holding his chest when he collapsed, with his shirt smeared with blood.

Kyodo News said Abe was not conscious and appeared to be in cardiac arrest. The agency said the former prime minister was attacked on a street near the Yamatosaidaiji Station in Nara."

Edit: video of the event:

Last edited:
I bet the families of the Koreans enslaved by his family and forced to work themselves to death in mines are all busted up over this news.

His grandfather should have been hung at the end of WW2, and he probably never should have been born.

Sayoonara, Shin-chan.

I bet the families of the Koreans enslaved by his family and forced to work themselves to death in mines are all busted up over this news.

His grandfather should have been hung at the end of WW2, and he probably never should have been born.

Sayoonara, Shin-chan.

Are you advocating the murder of anyone who has crimes in theor family history? Cause thats.... everyone.

Are you advocating the murder of anyone who has crimes in theor family history? Cause thats.... everyone.
Nah, but he's a bad guy from a bad family. Game of Thrones shit. If you want to be king of the mountain, don't be shocked when someone pushes you off. That's all.

LMAO, that's funny. I literally luld at that. I'm a dick on the internet, and slang dick in real life. I'm not sure when that became an insult. Back in my day, all the kids called each other noob lol

Nah, but he's a bad guy from a bad family. Game of Thrones shit. If you want to be king of the mountain, don't be shocked when someone pushes you off. That's all.

What specifically is making him some sort of monster above all others?

Thanks bruh (bro, brav?)

Sounds like an inward looking nationalist. Taking pride in ones culture and not allowing past mistakes be used to guilt your country into undermining it's identity and traditions is the right way to lead if you ask me. The past is to be learned from not lived in, and a culture that's big on ancestry reverence shouldn't discard what the emperor represented. I think there's value in being in touch with your roots as long as it's not done at the expense of others.

At the same time, from what limited knowledge I have, he was the polar opposite of the self flagellating SJW who'd willingly lay down so a minority could walk over a puddle. So maybe a little over proud? No idea, but I'm in favor of not going overboard in either direction.

Either way, as I said, odd timing.

Lol here we go

I bet you love it when the Turkish nationals also deny the armenian genocide right?

Are they also proud of their Turkish culture?

You have zero consistency in your opinions lol

Always flip flopping depending on the race\religion

Japan have the commited the worst war crimes in the last century and you are fine with it?? Just lol ur fking crazy

I don't have a link yet, but my buddy in Japan just messaged me that local media announced his death.

It's official.

I don't have a link yet, but my buddy in Japan just messaged me that local media announced his death.

It's official.
yeah, it's all over twitter. alongside with pictures of the man dead and undressed on the pavement getting cpr. i don't know why they'd show that. leave the man some dignity.

Back