Bellator 283: Lima vs Jackson - July 22nd

What are we thinking in regards to Franklin's line? I do think he should beat Golm, but he'll be fighting an equally big guy who is also a decent athlete and probably a more dangerous finisher.
I want to heavily fade Franklin at some point but I'm not sure Golm is the guy to do it against.
do any of you know where i can watch davion vs said fight?

What are we thinking in regards to Franklin's line? I do think he should beat Golm, but he'll be fighting an equally big guy who is also a decent athlete and probably a more dangerous finisher.

I like Golm in this fight, he has pretty clean striking, sits on his punches. his form is better, and he went three round with Tim Johnson who is heavy handed. all his loses are against solid guys in the ufc fights. I don't think Franklin has the hand speed combination of Sergei to overwhelm him in this fight. Franklin hits hard but he is not a clean striker, he gets knocked off balance a lot. And Golm has a nice muay thai plumb knees to the body that is going to sapp that gas tank of Franklin.
The fact that Said fight was a split decision , i can see this going to the score cards too in a close fight.

Overall experience is better too, Franklin has only 2 fights that went to decision so his cage time is shorter, he's gone to decision with a low tier opponent Ras "The Jamaican Shamrock" Hylton MMA Stats, Pictures, News, Videos, Biography - Sherdog.com and he looked gassed as chit. I like Golm having more cage time and being well rounded, he's a muay thai guy that can grapple too.

As far as ko threat is concern, while Davion is heavy handed his ko wins are against bottom ranked opponents. As i stated earlier Golm went three with Tim and ate some nasty shots and survived , he can survive franklin.

Another cream on top is Golm trains at ATT which means he's got good training partners. I wonder the state of Jackson wink since Jon Jones left are fighters abandoning ship since its lost its premier star?

I like Golm in this fight, he has pretty clean striking, sits on his punches. his form is better, and he went three round with Tim Johnson who is heavy handed. all his loses are against solid guys in the ufc fights. I don't think Franklin has the hand speed combination of Sergei to overwhelm him in this fight. Franklin hits hard but he is not a clean striker, he gets knocked off balance a lot. And Golm has a nice muay thai plumb knees to the body that is going to sapp that gas tank of Franklin.
The fact that Said fight was a split decision , i can see this going to the score cards too in a close fight.

Overall experience is better too, Franklin has only 2 fights that went to decision so his cage time is shorter, he's gone to decision with a low tier opponent Ras "The Jamaican Shamrock" Hylton MMA Stats, Pictures, News, Videos, Biography - Sherdog.com and he looked gassed as chit. I like Golm having more cage time and being well rounded, he's a muay thai guy that can grapple too.

As far as ko threat is concern, while Davion is heavy handed his ko wins are against bottom ranked opponents. As i stated earlier Golm went three with Tim and ate some nasty shots and survived , he can survive franklin.

Another cream on top is Golm trains at ATT which means he's got good training partners. I wonder the state of Jackson wink since Jon Jones left are fighters abandoning ship since its lost its premier star?

Jones still corners guys from JW so i think he's still involved. At a guess I would imagine Davions main partners are Christian Edwards and Maurice Greene.

Ok so I went and taped this I must disagree with you.

Franklin is poor man's Derrick Lewis but he hits hard and has good kicks. When he lets those hands go he scores. He looks gassy at times but he can fight three decent rounds. The Sowma fight shouldn't have been split decision. Franklin clearly won that fight and one retarded judge does not change that fact.

I watched some of Golm's newer fights and dude looks like a sloppy bum he always has been. I don't see much improvement since UFC release.

Holm is too unathletic and doesn't have the ability to put Franklin constantly on his back.

The current price looks about right.

Ok so I went and taped this I must disagree with you.

Franklin is poor man's Derrick Lewis but he hits hard and has good kicks. When he lets those hands go he scores. He looks gassy at times but he can fight three decent rounds. The Sowma fight shouldn't have been split decision. Franklin clearly won that fight and one retarded judge does not change that fact.

I watched some of Golm's newer fights and dude looks like a sloppy bum he always has been. I don't see much improvement since UFC release.

Holm is too unathletic and doesn't have the ability to put Franklin constantly on his back.

The current price looks about right.
Im gonna live bet this one so i dont lose money. I think a big distinction here is that Franklin has the frame of derrick lewis and he is heavy handed, but all he has is a stiff jab and the most sloppy overhands ive ever seen. i would say about most 80% of Franklin's strikes are kicks, and i think they both have nasty kicks, Golm has a nice side kick and a nasty calf kick , he left nasty bruises on Bhullar's lead calf, Franklin leans very heavy on that lead leg. My most concern about Golm is how he deals with ground and pound, if he gets knocked down or swept , I can see him getting koed on the ground due to ground strikes. I'll live bet this one after the 1st half of the fight if i see Franklin fatigue, he coasted for 3 rounds mainly cause Said is a low output fighter, it would be interesting to see if Golm can use those knees to the body effectively, tough road cause of the strength disadvantage.

Im gonna live bet this one so i dont lose money. I think a big distinction here is that Franklin has the frame of derrick lewis and he is heavy handed, but all he has is a stiff jab and the most sloppy overhands ive ever seen. i would say about most 80% of Franklin's strikes are kicks, and i think they both have nasty kicks, Golm has a nice side kick and a nasty calf kick , he left nasty bruises on Bhullar's lead calf, Franklin leans very heavy on that lead leg. My most concern about Golm is how he deals with ground and pound, if he gets knocked down or swept , I can see him getting koed on the ground due to ground strikes. I'll live bet this one after the 1st half of the fight if i see Franklin fatigue, he coasted for 3 rounds mainly cause Said is a low output fighter, it would be interesting to see if Golm can use those knees to the body effectively, tough road cause of the strength disadvantage.

Franklin is 90% big winged bombs. I think he's pretty poor tbh but I think Golm is even worse.

Franklin is 90% big winged bombs. I think he's pretty poor tbh but I think Golm is even worse.
Golm doesnt swing big bombs. his mistake is that he throws to much flurries sometimes and goes into panic mode , winging shots and leaving his chin slightly exposed. but no way can you say he is worst. i think he has faster hands and keeps a better boxing guard. he’s training with Lima who is a perfect match for Franklin size and kicks, sharper hands than Franklin.

Golm doesnt swing big bombs. his mistake is that he throws to much flurries sometimes and goes into panic mode , winging shots and leaving his chin slightly exposed. but no way can you say he is worst. i think he has faster hands and keeps a better boxing guard. he’s training with Lima who is a perfect match for Franklin size and kicks, sharper hands than Franklin.

I meant Franklin swings bombs not Golm.

I meant Franklin swings bombs not Golm.
i know but i dont think Golm is worst, i just think he is better but Franklin hits like a mac truck so he is more dangerous, if both of them were exactly the same size and had the same frame, i think Golm would beat him, Franklin has poor form but heavy power, im not really trying to sell Golm here, he could lose in an embarrassing fashion or pull off a capable upset.

Made another parlay: Gadzhi ML/Berkhamov ML/Franklin o1.5

The over for Franklin/Golm is almost in the plus money, which is crazy to me since I think it might even hit the distance.

I've actually been one that thought Lima got a little too much love and his odds are often inflated. With that said, it's hard for me to see this fight as anything worse than 50/50 for Lima. Lima can keep this very competitive if it goes to decision and he also has the finishing edge.

I took Tofiq Musayev @ -160. From what I've seen he looks better everywhere. Rizin tournament champ, has a win over Patricky.
Added Gadzhi Rabadanov -380. Appears to be the better striker, and has the Dagastani wrestling in his back pocket if things get difficult. Very confident.

I've actually been one that thought Lima got a little too much love and his odds are often inflated. With that said, it's hard for me to see this fight as anything worse than 50/50 for Lima. Lima can keep this very competitive if it goes to decision and he also has the finishing edge.

Lima missed weight by a couple of lbs for whatever that's worth.

Lima missed weight by a couple of lbs for whatever that's worth.
Yeah, the odds on Jackson will become even uglier now. Fully expect a shitty main event tomorrow night with a flat performance from Douglas now.

• Jason Jackson -185 to win $370 for $200
  • Outlaw/Musayev U1.5 +145 $25 for $36.25
  • Outlaw/Musayev U2.5 -120 $60 for $50
  • Coates/Bates U1.5 -150 $75 for $50

I've had only one method that seemed to work with Bellator betting.

I pick 8 of the favorites and slap down anywhere from 50-100 on the parlay. So far i've hit on it 3/4 times.

For tonight I put down $62 to win $922
  • Gadzhi Rabadanov -380
  • Jason Jackson -175
  • Tofiq Musayev -145
  • Usman Nurmagomedov -800
  • Mukhamed Berkhamov -150
  • Davion Franklin -225
  • Dalton Rosta -275
  • Akhmed Magomedov -520
I'm a little worried Mukhamed might lose it for me, but oh well. Makes it more interesting.

Win or lose, just hoping for a fun card!

Back