What Was The Worst UFC PPV Card Ever (On Paper)?

bogeyj

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
regardless of how it turned out, what was the worst PPV card ever on paper?

honestly UFC 277 looks pretty garbage tier. the only fight i'm mildly curious about is if Nunes/Pena 1 was a fluke or not. everything else is bottom-of-the-barrel that I wouldn't even watch if it was a free fight night card. the fact they are asking people to pay for this is laughable <Grimes01>

Final_UFC_177_event_poster.jpg

It was just bad on paper, with Bethe Correira vs Shayna Bezler in the swing bout and Tony Ferguson vs Danny Castillo in the co-main event. The main event was supposed to be TJ-Barao rematch but Barao went to the hospital for cutting too much weight, so Joe Soto was moved up from the prelims. The event itself wasn't too bad though

UFC 279 is pretty garbage, 277 isnt even that bad, its just not at all worth 80 bucks.

I am interested in Lewis/russian guy, Smith vs. Russian guy, Kara france vs. Moreno. Just not interested enough to fork over the cash

I dont care, since it's the 2nd of the month. If it was a normal monthly PPV, I would find it underwhelming

UFC 127 was pretty bad for a PPV considering the era it was in.
BJ Penn vs Jon Fitch
Bisping vs Jorge Rivera
Dennis Siver vs G Sot
Ebersole vs Lytle
Noke vs Camozzi

but I will take UFC 234 with Izzy vs Anderson as being worse than that. Lando Vannata vs Marcos Mariano as co main? Absolutely terrible. Sure there are probably worse recent ones though (I just pay less attention so wouldn't remember specifics); 2017 to modern day has had some shockingly bad cards

The War of 04…

Looking back on it now, there were some future stars on the card, but at the time a lot of us were talking about how bad the card was…

Turned out to be a pretty good card in the end.

279 thus far looks far worse than 277. 277 has multiple contender fights, 279 looks like a weak FN card with a mismatch main event.

UFC 234 - Isral vs Anderson

Can't remember was there some fights cancelled but the co-main was Lando Vannata vs Marcos Mariano...

Edit: Deported already mentioned this few posts ago. My bad.

UFC 277 is pretty loaded.

Greatest WMMA fighter facing her biggest threat in a rematch.
The clear elite #1 and #2 Flyweights in an undisputed #1 contender fight.
One of the most fun and elite HWs in Derrick Lewis vs. an up and coming Russian dude.
Two more elite top 5 Flyweights.
Two elite LHWs with one being a heavily hyped Russian guy moving into title contention.

All 5 fights are top 10 facing each other, with all having title relevance. All non-Flyweight fights should all end in finishes. I'd say it's a loaded card.

Came to say 151, but that’s been said.

shortly before it was ufc 149 and it was pretty bad in paper, but it was a terrible card in reality

Came to say 149. Card was stacked then all fell apart.

Aldo vs. Koch
Shogun vs. Thiago Silva
Bisping vs. Boetsch
Nog vs. Kongo
Alves vs. Sexyama

Were all booked at one point

Before it occurred, UFC 37 was getting absolutely TRASHED by the MMA media at the time (all 5 of them). Headlines like, "With all the sex appeal of an '82 K-Car, UFC 37 comes to town", were very common beforehand. For those that haven't seen it, the event was freakin' awesome. The lesson you can take away from that is it is extremely difficult to predict the quality of the fights from the names on the card.

UFC 72 with Franklin vs Okami was another one that stands out in terms of the name value of the fighters being pretty poor at the time (with the exception of Ace) but the fights being pretty damn good, save Colin Robinson's armbar attempt. No you don't know who he is and yes, you need to see it to believe it.

Back