News ONE FC double champion Reinier De Ridder wants to reach triple-champ status, before switch to UFC

BoxerMaurits

The Dutchman
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Reinier De Ridder wants the winner of Arjan Bhullar vs Anatoly Malykhin for his next fight to become ONE Championship triple champion, before making the switch to UFC (there are very strong rumors of RDR signing with UFC by the end of this year).
A win will make him the MW, LHW and HW champion of ONE FC.

upload_2022-7-28_20-19-55.jpeg

Last weekend he put Vitaly Bigdash to sleep in the first round with an inverted triangle choke:

I dont think he can beat either of those HWs but I'd love to watch him try.
He has a pretty unique skill-set, even if very flawed standup

He's awesome, but his talk about being the best in the world is a bit far fetched. He's made a career out of fighting nobodies. Let's see him in the UFC before we take serously anything he says about his status in the overall MMA picture.

I'd rate him a solid 5 on a scale of watermelon to Ben Askren.

But but but doesn't he know the UFC doesn't pay their fighters!!! Shouldn't he want to go to Bellator?!!!? One FC double champ doesn't want to make money?!!

Reinier De Ridder wants the winner of Arjan Bhullar vs Anatoly Malykhin for his next fight to become ONE Championship triple champion, before making the switch to UFC (there are very strong rumors of RDR signing with UFC by the end of this year).
A win will make him the MW, LHW and HW champion of ONE FC.

View attachment 934482

Last weekend he put Vitaly Bigdash to sleep in the first round with an inverted triangle choke:

That guy sucks. I prefer Rizin LW champ if they are getting a strong grappling champ from a regional org. Or Amosov or Nemkov.

How is he going to sign for the UFC by the end of the year?

Have ONE Championship agreed to that, or is that just RDR's plan in his head?

Back