Tank Abbott crapping on Tito Ortiz for 11 minutes

Tank is such an interesting character.

He was really the first "personality" in MMA

I also think he was quite underrated in hindsight. His wrestling wasn't nearly as bad as you'd initially think.

I mean he survived on the ground with Oleg for around 15 minutes, he was also crazy strong, even Don Frye said so (who crazy enough was beating Frye pretty bad til Frye capitalized on that slip.

Also for everyone saying Tito would murdalize Tank. (Now of course he would) but in the late 90s when they trained together multiple counts admit to tank walloping Tito in training)

I had a strong distaste for Tank in the early to late 2000s but I do think he was vastly important for the sport being what it is today in popularity.

Also is it just me or does anyone else find it really strange that tank has a bachelor's degree (history I think)
Guess it makes sense that his speech is far better than you think it would be. Also his Pro Wrestling days may add to that as well.

P.S. Is there anyone that's been on n here long enough to remember when tank used to come on here wasted and talk a bunch of shit.
He got banned but I don't remember exactly what he did or said.

Old decrepit Tank speaking eloquently will never get old. Never liked him back in the day (other than for excitement purposes), but he seems like a pretty decent guy in all the recent interviews I've seen of him. . . .although I get the occasional sense that he's a bit like Ken Shamrock, always inflating his own ego and exaggerating things.
Regardless, he seems like a pretty chill guy these days.
thats cuz he almost died recently

make no mstake dude was a cocksucker back int he day

How the fuqq did Tank make it to old age without getting shanked in some biker bar somewhere?

I read somewhere years ago that Tank said he liked to drink in gay bars because there was much less macho drama and confrontation in them. It sounded like he was serious. That may be why he's had fewer bar fights over the years than we'd all have expected.

Wasn't he a history teacher before fighting?
I'm pretty sure he was a teacher...

His Wikipedia page mentions that he has a degree in history, but doesn't mention that he ever taught. Are you thinking of Rich Franklin?

His Wikipedia page mentions that he has a degree in history, but doesn't mention that he ever taught. Are you thinking of Rich Franklin?
I heard he was a history school teacher as well. It was a long time ago and it might have been a phone game mistake where someone heard he had a college degree in history but passed on that Tank taught history.

The Huntington Beach Bad boy Tito, well, that was where Tank was from too. I sort of connected the dots between the two early on but was odd is how disconnected yet connected they were by the fact they were both from the same place.....to be honest, I still don't know how them two were in a relationship as fighters cause it was never apparent.???

I think Tank is full of crap on their relationship but I don't know either...the fact Tito keeps quite though makes me give credit to Tank. Either way, Tito did more than Tank...Tank is a piece of crap as a human imo.

Tank Abbott has more coherent speech than 99% of fighters.
Tank Abbott is a lot more intelligent than one would led to believe, he was always pretty well spoken and whitty for a guy that was convicted felon and an alcoholic prize fighter, I believe he actually has a history degree. Shame he didn't take fighting more seriously, he definitely had the physical capabilities to win a title in early to mid 90's.

Reactions: mkt
No. Rich was a math teacher iirc.
It's just been that long haha

Tank is such an interesting character.

He was really the first "personality" in MMA

I also think he was quite underrated in hindsight. His wrestling wasn't nearly as bad as you'd initially think.

I mean he survived on the ground with Oleg for around 15 minutes, he was also crazy strong, even Don Frye said so (who crazy enough was beating Frye pretty bad til Frye capitalized on that slip.

Also for everyone saying Tito would murdalize Tank. (Now of course he would) but in the late 90s when they trained together multiple counts admit to tank walloping Tito in training)

I had a strong distaste for Tank in the early to late 2000s but I do think he was vastly important for the sport being what it is today in popularity.

Also is it just me or does anyone else find it really strange that tank has a bachelor's degree (history I think)
Guess it makes sense that his speech is far better than you think it would be. Also his Pro Wrestling days may add to that as well.

P.S. Is there anyone that's been on n here long enough to remember when tank used to come on here wasted and talk a bunch of shit.
He got banned but I don't remember exactly what he did or said.

yeah, Tank wasn't that bad, his biggest problem was he had a shitty gas tank.

yeah, Tank wasn't that bad, his biggest problem was he had a shitty gas tank.

Yeah the mistake people make is thinking he was only a sloppy brawler.

Shit tons of booze isn't the greatest for cardio (Even gomi had cardio issues. Sakuraba is exempt though)

I think the only S+C he did was benching 600 pounds, there's the proof he was a sherdogger way back when. Only the early 2000s Sherdoggers like me and you can do it.

Back