PBP UFC 277 - Pena vs. Nunes 2: Main Card PBP Discussion- 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm ok with this card ending at 9PM/12Eastern with all these finishes. Avoid the early stoppage though.

BB looked done, which sucks to say but Dan shoulda just let it go for a tad bit more once he popped up.

Flyweights had the best fight of the card so far

He turtled up. Early stoppage but it's his own fault really

ueah I agree with that. Turtling is a bad look for the ref. Bad look for judges too.

you’re supposed to “intelligently” defend yourself. Turtling isn’t a good strategy. Hell, I even hate it for Bjj competition.

It was early but I understand why the stoppage happened
Derrick started standing as Dan stood in which makes it difficult to tell exactly how hurt he was

Yeah I'd be happy if I didn't see them again. I'm getting tired of this early stoppage shit

Herb and Mirg are absolutely worthless at this point. They make mistakes more than anyone should in a prominent position. No one is perfect. Herzog is my favorite official and he didn't deduct a point for Arman grabbing the fence five times against Gamrot, but he's good 95% of the time.

I was looking forward to Lewis saying "Ukraine Motherfuckers" or something funny after he won.

He turtled up. Early stoppage but it's his own fault really
He just kind of dropped I thought. In a weird way it was similar to the Cruz-Cejudo stoppage. Like, I get it, but Lewis was in the process of standing. Ref jumped in a bit too soon. Refs jumping in too soon isn’t the fighter’s fault, it’s the ref’s fault.
Exactly, you have to have a line as a ref let the fight cross it, not stop it because you think it's about to be crossed
Bingo.

0 main card fights to go the distance was 14/1. The only thing that could upset now is the next fight but they get 5 rounds to finish it at least

Back