Law Trumps home raided

We're not talking about a pen here kiddo.

These are classified documents that belong to the people of the United States.

How do you know Trump didnt declassify the documents? I could mark any document “classified” and it doesnt mean it actually is. And if it was classified, why wait two years?

Now you guys worship Cuomo? By Greenwald's logic, I guess you're a neocon now.

I don’t think that’s it.

I think Cuomo might actually be worried about political witch hunts.

Last edited:
How do you know Trump didnt declassify the documents? I could mark any document “classified” and it doesnt mean it actually is. And if it was classified, why wait two years?

It's not a fucking magic the gathering card. You don't get to play a counterspell declassify document when you get busted after holding the documents for two years despite repeated requests to surrender them.

You certainly can't declassify documents in once you've lost your office.

If the documents were declassified they wouldn't be part of the National Archive's inventory.

U.S. Code Title 18, Section 2071
(a)
Whoever willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, or destroys, or attempts to do so, or, with intent to do so takes and carries away any record, proceeding, map, book, paper, document, or other thing, filed or deposited with any clerk or officer of any court of the United States, or in any public office, or with any judicial or public officer of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.
(b)
Whoever, having the custody of any such record, proceeding, map, book, document, paper, or other thing, willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies, or destroys the same, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both; and shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States. As used in this subsection, the term “office” does not include the office held by any person as a retired officer of the Armed Forces of the United States.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2071#:~:text=Whoever willfully and unlawfully conceals,United States, or in any
Good way for the Dem's to get their wish of not having him runn again isn't it.

Quick question...

If former Pres. Trump thinks that this is so wrong, egregious, jack-booted, and evil?

Why doesn't he just post a copy of the search warrant? In the U.S., law enforcement has to give you a copy when they arrive with one.

Well?

So Trump returned the 15 boxes in February, but because the national archives filed the complaint, the FBI continued to investigate both in April and June. June being the day where they were potentially shown something that said Top Secret

As per CNN https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/08/politics/mar-a-lago-search-warrant-fbi-donald-trump/index.html

"In early June, a handful of investigators made a rare visit to the property seeking more information about potentially classified material from Trump’s time in the White House that had been taken to Florida. The four investigators, including Jay Bratt, the chief of the counterintelligence and export control section at the Justice Department, sat down with two of Trump’s attorneys, Bobb and Evan Corcoran, according to a source present for the meeting.

At the beginning of the meeting, Trump stopped by and greeted the investigators near a dining room. After he left, without answering any questions, the investigators asked the attorneys if they could see where Trump was storing the documents. The attorneys took the investigators to the basement room where the boxes of materials were being stored, and the investigators looked around the room before eventually leaving, according to the source.
A second source said that Trump came in to say hi and made small talk but left while the attorneys spoke with investigators. The source said some of the documents shown to investigators had top secret markings.

Five days later, on June 8, Trump’s attorneys received a letter from investigators asking them to further secure the room where the documents were stored. Aides subsequently added a padlock to the room.

In April and May, aides to Trump at Mar-a-Lago were interviewed by the FBI as part of the probe into the handling of presidential records, according to a source familiar with the matter.
"

Ok, so he did apparently hold on to them as long as could 'legally' do so. I would really like to see the warrant - there are so many questions that could be answered by showing its contents. I read this morning that the penalties for such violation do not overcome the Constitutional definition of qualifications for presidential eligibility. I somehow doubt that the FBI wouldn't know this so I don't believe this is a last ditch effort to render his potential 2024 run as null.

Anyway, I will reiterate, I don't think this is a win for the Democrats. This either gives Trump another victim card to play, which he does quite well with, or makes it so he can't run again - in which case you probably have the anemic Dem bas running against the far more competent Desantis. What's the win here?

It's been six years of non-stop investigations and nothing burgers. This will either galvanize Trump's campaign and build on the momentum he was already regaining or it'll clear the way for DeSantis and completely eschew the damage that would come with a nasty primary if he decided to challenge for the nomination. He wouldn't though, so taking DJT out also eschews the stain by association of anything negative in a potential second Trump term if he were to actually accept an impotent VP role.

It does nothing at all for the Dems aside from temporarily allowing a group emotionally invested men to squawk at another group of emotionally invested men into this man. It's all wildly bizarre and deranged behavior. You know, no judgment or anything but I'm glad to have never taken part and I think I'll continue to leave them to it.

Words and actions are very different.

You are truly a useful idiot. Events like these actually couldn't exist without idiots like yourself accepting the cover story. Whether you truly believe what you write or not is immaterial. The key is that you say you do and rationalize this bastardization of our justice system. Keep up the good work
I assure you Trump would be getting in legal trouble regardless of my opinion on the man, because Trump very clearly is breaking the law in many areas. He also very clearly despises his own supporters and is out of power. You're in an abusive relationship and are lowering yourself for no payoff.

It's not a fucking magic the gathering card. You don't get to play a counterspell declassify document when you get busted after holding the documents for two years despite repeated requests to surrender them.

You certainly can't declassify documents in once you've lost your office.

If the documents were declassified they wouldn't be part of the National Archive's inventory.

Uhhh yeah. The president has the authority to declassify whatever he wants. Department pf Navy v. Egan.

Trump could have declassified whatever documents he wanted as he walked out the door of being president.

And no, the national archive doesnt hold just classified documents. You are wrong on every front.

Quick question...

If former Pres. Trump thinks that this is so wrong, egregious, jack-booted, and evil?

Why doesn't he just post a copy of the search warrant? In the U.S., law enforcement has to give you a copy when they arrive with one.

Well?

That’s kind of true. Just, kind of.

And that’s also how you would like him to deal with it.

Also, search warrants can be bogus or “trumped up”. Ala Breonna Taylor.

Think before you post, bro.

Uhhh yeah. The president has the authority to declassify whatever he wants. Department pf Navy v. Egan.

Trump could have declassified whatever documents he wanted as he walked out the door of being president.

And no, the national archive doesnt hold just classified documents. You are wrong on every front.

I never said that the President can't declassify what he wants. I also never said the National Archive only holds classified documents. You are flailing and straw manning.

He obviously didn't declassify the documents because these records exist in the National Archive inventory as classified. There is no record that they have been declassified.

some more headlines regarding cheeto benito's legal affairs that will be flying under the radar after the fbi "raided" his house...

firstly, the super rich guy who never misses an opportunity to gloat about how wealthy he is, is now asking his supporters to give him more of their hard earned money to help cover his legal expenses for his frivolous lawsuit against CNN.

make up your mind don. do you want to grift these people to get that new airplane to add to your fleet, save the wall, sue the pants off of cnn, or give some random person a once in a lifetime opportunity to fly out and sit near you and have their picture taken near you at one of your next conventions? you're all over the place here and i'm still trying to figure out what grift i'm supposed to be taken for right now.

and also.

Trump real estate appraiser hands over thousands of documents to N.Y. AG in civil probe

A commercial real estate firm held in contempt of court for failing to hand over records on its appraisals of several Trump Organization properties to New York’s attorney general has turned over nearly 36,000 documents, court filings show.

New York Supreme Court Justice Arthur Engoron had found Cushman & Wakefield in contempt last month for not producing documents in state Attorney General Letitia James’ civil probe into the Trump Organization’s business practices and ordered the firm to pay a $10,000-a-day fine until it complied.

In a letter to the judge late Friday, James’ office said it has now “received Cushman’s production, which amounts to about 35,867 documents since entry of this court’s contempt order.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/08/tru...nds-of-documents-to-ny-ag-in-civil-probe.html

That’s kind of true. Just, kind of.

And that’s also how you would like him to deal with it.

Also, search warrants can be bogus or “trumped up”. Ala Breonna Taylor.

Think before you post, bro.

Do you really think that any search warrant for a former President Of the U.S. isn't going to be gone over with a fine-toothed comb six-ways-to-Sunday before it's given the go-ahead?

Really?

This isn't some raid on a suspected drug dealer, this is the former POTUS.

All he has to do is show it and settle all doubt.

Ok, so he did apparently hold on to them as long as could 'legally' do so. I would really like to see the warrant - there are so many questions that could be answered by showing its contents. I read this morning that the penalties for such violation do not overcome the Constitutional definition of qualifications for presidential eligibility. I somehow doubt that the FBI wouldn't know this so I don't believe this is a last ditch effort to render his potential 2024 run as null.

part of holding onto them was that Trump didn't pack up his belongings some staffers did and brought several boxes to MAL, so they had to go through everything once the National Archives did the request. But they were cooperating with the National Archives and the FBI investigators, so the FBI doing a raid is suspect.

As for the last ditch effort, here are the words of the DNC's top lawyer, Marc Elias.

Not exactly a surprise coming from the country that's supporting the nation (Ukraine) that banned political opposition while pretending that their military enemies (Russia) somehow represent an extreme example of corruption.

American First-ism represents a threat to the interests of those who've hijacked America. The last thing they want is for the American people to have a genuine choice in who they vote for.

Still, surprising or not, it's disgusting and the sad thing is the number of Americans who either don't care, or who will repeat dumbass narratives in an attempt to justify this.

Back