Am I crazy to think that Leon wasn’t impressive?

Whos talking shit about this win?

Amazing and already legendary win, but my honest opinion based on what I saw in the fight is that I would pick Usman as the favorite in the third fight. Thats it.

And hell it wouldnt be a confident pick, I gave Edwards good odds of winning this fight and thats no bullshit.

Keep walking it back weirdo.

Sorry for your loss.

All 3 judges scored those rounds 10-9.

There were no knockdowns, mounts, submission attempts, nobody was even stunned. It looked like hard sparring with Usman getting the better of it. Edwards left the fight without any significant marks, cuts, stitches etc.

This is common sense and should not need to be typed out.
Kid, you are desperate now. That's the best you got?

Because if you don't know that over 90% of rounds are 10-9's regardless of what happens there, you don't know MMA.
...Or you are just too desperate and are dishonest enough to try and talk like this proves anything.

Fact is: Usman dominated Leon on those rounds.
You can't escape this fact.
No matter how hard you try.

Same.
But there are fans and there are fans... you know that :)
GSP fans were worried he would eventually surpass him on WW GOAT talks...
Heck, I reckon Silva fans would be rooting against him so he would not reach his record...

I am a fan of both fighters, but like you, not so much that it clouds my judgement.

Exactly. I just dont feel an emotional attachment to any of these guys, or sports in general, so I have no issues being completely objective with my opinions.

But this guy with the Diaz av seems to be fuming at the mouth while typing

Ok pal.

So gun to your head, you have to pick the winner of the trilogy, who do you pick?

Its a pick-em because they are very evenly matched.

Edwards is 12-2 in the UFC, both losses were decisions and one was split. He just avenged the other decision loss with a spectacular head kick KO. He's clearly a competent grappler now and has won TEN CONSECUTIVE FIGHTS in the UFC, which puts you in rare air.

I cannot stress how stupid it was for anyone saying a guy getting his 10th consecutive win is lucky. Its beyond disrespectful.

Usman for his part is an all-time great, but he's aging out and that will work against him. I think even odds.

Its a pick-em because they are very evenly matched.

Edwards is 12-2 in the UFC, both losses were decisions and one was split. He just avenged the other decision loss with a spectacular head kick KO. He's clearly a competent grappler now and has won TEN CONSECUTIVE FIGHTS in the UFC, which puts you in rare air.

I cannot stress how stupid it was for anyone saying a guy getting his 10th consecutive win is lucky. Its beyond disrespectful.

Usman for his part is an all-time great, but he's aging out and that will work against him. I think even odds.

Ok fair, and I disagree with that assessment because I felt that Usman was on route to securing a dominant victory until the kick, and I think that Edwards finding the necessary one-hitter quitter happens maybe 3/10 times, especially considering his history of having trouble with stopping guys.

Is that such a crazy and dismissive opinion? Does that make me such a hater?

Last edited:
He was getting dominated and won with a Hail Mary kick... it really is as simple as that

Reactions: JKS
Exactly. I just dont feel an emotional attachment to any of these guys, or sports in general, so I have no issues being completely objective with my opinions.

But this guy with the Diaz av seems to be fuming at the mouth while typing
hahaha Agreed.

Funny thing is that I defended Leon getting a title shot.
And I am legit happy that he won.
not that I disliked Usman. I have no reason to hate on him.
So I had no dog on this fight.
I am glad Leon won. It sets the division on fire.
But I don't go from that to try and explain he Leon was (almost) winning this fight (according to that guy).
I'd think he is smoking the same thing Diaz brothers do, but I'd think it calms you down, not trigger you even more :D

TS, you're not crazy. He wasn't impressive overall, he was clearly getting beat majority of the fight. But he had an impressive moment, he was behind on the cards and set up a beautiful kick to end the fight.

He was badly overmatched and got a fluke win. Not much different than when Nate almost KOd him. It's almost a moral loss. Like he knows what the score was and that one good kick doesn't really overshadow him getting dominated.

Fluke? Leon wins that dec even if he didnt 1 shot him..!

1st rd 10-8
5th rd 10-8

Leon wins

As I pointed out in my Cro Cop Edwards thread, Leon was great in the first, flatfooted and predictable in 2-4, and obviously great at the finish. Glad Usman got jacked cuz he's boring ass and one-dimensional.

First off, props to still having mental toughness to still go for it with only a minute left. Amazing picture perfect set up and knock out shot. One of the cleanest knocks outs I’ve ever seen.

But as a whole, I wasn’t terribly impressed by Leon and still come away thinking Usman is the better overall fighter. The strength difference was apparent, the gap in wrestling/grappling was massive and Usman looked to be out striking him on multiple occasions.

Didn’t have a horse in this race….didn’t care who won and credit to Leon…but as a whole…I expected better from him through out the fight and see no reason as to why Usman doesn’t comfortably win the rematch. Sometimes the ending doesn’t tell the story of the entire fight.

Of course there’s always the chance that a Usman isn’t the same after a vicious knock out like that as well….
I thought first fight vs this one proved Leon should have stuck to southpaw more.

Calling it a fluke is retarded. Leon nearly finished him in the 1st but ran out of time then finished in the 5th. He started stronger, and definitely finished stronger. Usman never had him in any trouble.

Leon is clearly better than GSP ever was, and Usman is a low-level fighter that has been exposed. lol

Lucky in the sense that that was his only real (effective) offensive in the whole round. And he caught Usman perfectly.

I dunno. He made it happen, that's not luck. He's always been capable of something like that. That's what makes him an elite striker.

It's no surprise that Trevor Whitman (in the UFC Countdown) calls Edwards a phenomenal striker ( or words to that effect). Tonight was an emphatic reminder.

If it was Adesanya in there tonight, I don't think people would be calling it luck. That's because despite having his detractors (boring, point fighter blah blah) people at least give him his dues. With Leon however - different story.

Whatever, it is what it is!!!

Edwards knocked out Usman who is UFC pound for pound #1, on a 20 fight win streak and undefeated in the UFC with a single kick to the head. And that isn't impressive in your books. Ludicrous statement TS.

Usman was better fighter but Edward's never gave up and saw an opening n caught him last minute. Usman wins 9 of 10 times. This was that 1 time. It happens.

Back