Nate tried quitting but ref wouldn’t stop it

it was an odd stall tactic.

if tony would of kept on him who knows he might get a win

The truth is that it was a little of both. Nate was playing a little game where he postures and it buys him time. Nick pioneered this technique. I don't care for it, but if the refs don't do anything about it, then it is a savvy move, because it results in a slight advantage to them. On the other side of the coin, it is refusing to engage, and a ref could take a point, I believe, or even call the fight. The ref would be roasted for doing so, but I think they might be able to do it. I'm too lazy to look that shit up, so I may be wrong. I am going off of hazy memory.

Edit: It is kind of like Jon Jones exploiting eye pokes and general ref weakness. They could easily be deducting points, and they should be, but they don't, so he gets a definite advantage with that one.

He was pretending to play to the crowd but actually just buying himself time
this, it was obvious gamesmanship. he was trying to get a rest while pretending he was doing something else.

Tony was just in there trying to have a good time but a real competitive opponent would have fucked up Nate's shit in the 3rd

There needs to a poll on this. @MXZT fancy making one?

Did Nate look like he was quitting at one point?

He did, to me, and many other folks in this thread. He's never done that in any before fights. He shook his head, waved his hands, walked around the cage, while still waving his hands to what it seemed like to me, to call it off. The ref could have stopped that there and then.

Lol at people saying it was typical taunting
HE TURNED HIS FUCKING BACK and walked away from his opponent
The ref looked at Nate and Nate shook his head no
Please someone post a vid or gif cause any other fighter would've been stopped there or at the very least the ref would've been more assertive in making him continue to fight

I've seen tons of Diaz fights, this didn't seem like his usual antics. It did seem like he wanted out, like he wanted to say "I'm too old for this, F this shit" but at the same time, he didn't wanna quit because it would look so bad. His rep as a warrior would've taken a big hit, not good for him for whatever his next gig is

Staying tuned to this thread for all the other examples of when Nate has ever walked away from the fight shaking his head "no" not once, or twice, but three times in a row for an extended time period.

Because apparently according to multiple posters it has happened multiple times.

I'm not pretending I knew what the fuck was going on but why pretend that he's ever done anything like that ever during his fight history?? What's the point in lying about it?

Seems in round 3 he tried quitting by waving it off multiple times but ref wouldn’t stop the fight.

it was after a massive low kick to the right leg.
He just kept walking around just waving his hand.
I seriously thought Nate was trying to quit but ref wouldn’t accept it. So he just went back to fighting.

I didn't think that. He was just showboating and being a Nate. I think after the first he felt in control of the fight.

Shaking his head and turning away from his opponent? When has he done this before?
Im not going to do your work for you join date 2021. Google is your friend, look it up. Start with Diaz vs Mcgregor.

Im not going to do your work for you join date 2021. Google is your friend, look it up. Start with Diaz vs Mcgregor.

Can you post a GIF of him doing the exact same in the Conor fight, to what he did in this one?

You can't. Because he never did it.

Yeah my sherdog join date is the date I started watching mma, you can't produce an example because it doesn't exist.

He was pretending to play to the crowd but actually just buying himself time
I love Nate but I thought like his brother, he was saying No Mas. That was some weird stuff for sure.

Staying tuned to this thread for all the other examples of when Nate has ever walked away from the fight shaking his head "no" not once, or twice, but three times in a row for an extended time period.

Because apparently according to multiple posters it has happened multiple times.

I'm not pretending I knew what the fuck was going on but why pretend that he's ever done anything like that ever during his fight history?? What's the point in lying about it?
While you're searching maybe you can find me the vid of Ferguson laying down in the middle of a fight too. Since that's atypical for him he must have been quitting

I could be totally wrong but I’m just gonna say what my initial reaction was.

i also thought Nate was trying to quit and the ref didn’t stop it so he just kept fighting.

that’s what I thought

While you're searching maybe you can find me the vid of Ferguson laying down in the middle of a fight too. Since that's atypical for him he must have been quitting
You are equating laying down with walking in the opposite direction and shaking your head "no" 3 times in a row while the ref asks what is going on? Are you messing with me right now or are you actually serious?

Back