Khamzat missed weight- give him a tough fight. Who?

Washkev

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Thread title. He doesn’t deserve an immediate title fight after that debacle. Who does he face? Colby is the obvious answer, but anyone else?

Already stated but Rob or Marty.

Thread title. He doesn’t deserve an immediate title fight after that debacle. Who does he face? Colby is the obvious answer, but anyone else?

Colby won’t fight him. Not many people will.

Throw him in against Vettori if he goes up. Don't really care to see him fight at welterweight again.

The only tough top 10 fights for Khamzat would be Ankalaev or healthy Ngannou. Also Islam if you gave him a year to bulk up.

Let him fight Costa at openweight, so he can experience how it feels to fight a larger opponent for once.

The only tough top 10 fights for Khamzat would be Ankalaev or healthy Ngannou. Also Islam if you gave him a year to bulk up.

bulk up? Those Dagestanis would rather starve themselves to the point of hospitalization than move up a weight class.

In the end I think that’s what the ufc wanted anyhow. They wanted us to hate Khamzat so badly that we would want to see him wrecked. They also let him play the weight game and get away with missing. That way he can debut at MW and maybe even get a title shot because we want him smashed. UFC marketed this one perfect, imo.

Costa or Rob would be a mistake because if Khamzat loses, they don't get Izzy rematches for it. They're better off fighting each other, trying to build back towards an Izzy fight.

Maybe winner of Brunson - Hermansson, though I do know he's trained with Joker before (and grappled against him too). Brunson's been on a good run since losing to Izzy, so he may actually get a rematch, and Joker never fought Izzy either, so that could work as an eliminator. Or even Strickland if he recovers soon, I imagine the build up would be crazy

Or if the UFC wants to ensure a new matchup, go crazy and book Muniz vs Khamzat, winner gets Izzy. It's a long shot as a contender, but the division is basically devoid of them

Shavkat at 170 if he insists on staying at WW

Jared Cannonier at MW needs an opponent if he moves up

Back