• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chimaev has brought out the dumbest takes in Sherdog history.

Him ducking Nate is stupid.

Burns is not a big fighter at 170.

He slowed down as the Burns fight went later and he was breathing hard after one round with Holland. Colby 100 percent has a better tank and if it went to late rounds in a 5 round fight Colby would put it on him.

He slowed down, yet threw more and landed more in the 3rd round of the Burns fight.
Not sure what your definition of slowing down is sir.

The first one is true Khaz cardio is questionable at best. The other 2 aren't true tho

Colby wins a 5 rd fight but it's close in a 3 rd fight as Khaz will dominate rd 1

Please don't say American fans as if we all think the same sir.
There's plenty of fans from across the pond that are saying the same shit.

Khamzat is a beast and I believe he'll keep getting better with every fight.

Yep, pigeon holing this as an American thing is a bad read. Other than that, OP was right.

Yeah Americans are the most thin-skinned fanbase on the planet and it isn't even close.
Khamzat did the right thing to not apologize to those spitting all over him.
hMkAbkQ.gif

Have you asked all the haters if they were Americans?
I highly doubt that Americans are the only ones sir.

if you promote a guy as a 3 weight classes future champion.
He wins a close split decision against Burns.
What do you expect?
Off course everybody would consider him to be overrated.
A fighter is measured by the expectation and perception that is sold.
You're right in a lot of ways. Except for the underrating of Gilbert Burns. People act like Khamzat isn't great because he only beat Burns in a close fight? WW Gilbert Burns is a fucking MONSTER. This isn't some journeyman. He's an elite cream of the crop contender who had only lost to Usman at WW (and he had Usman badly wobbled). He ragdolled Wonderboy, destroyed Maia with ease (Usman/Colby/Woodley couldn't finish old Maia), dominated Woodley. He's an experienced veteran killer at the very top of the WW division. And Khamzat beat him in his 11th pro fight.

You can trash Khamzat for a lot of things. But beating Gilbert Burns isn't one of those things. Gilbert is a top 5 WW in the world.

The first one is true Khaz cardio is questionable at best. The other 2 aren't true tho

Colby wins a 5 rd fight but it's close in a 3 rd fight as Khaz will dominate rd 1
I don't see an issue w his cardio for 3 rounds. 5 is another story tho.

Anyone w great cardio would get tired having such a war like he did w burns

Yeah the hate is real on this one. The guy beat the number 2 ranked WW and just steamrolled a 10-15 ranked WW and apparently no one thinks he’s earned shit.

I get that he missed weight but Olivera has missed weight 5 fucking times and no one cares about that. I say give him one more fight at WW to prove he can still make weight and then it’s title time.
I could not agree more.
He's ready for a title shot.
But I understand the need for another fight after weight miss.
I'm predicting Belal early next year.

Have you asked all the haters if they were Americans?
I highly doubt that Americans are the only ones sir.
I would bet my house on Americans making up the majority.

I'm sure there are SOME people pacing back and forth foaming at the mouth at the concept of missing weight, sure... they make up the same amount of foaming at the mouth people hating on Charles (who has missed weight many many more times than Chimaev)... just a tad above 0.

The rest? Yeah, I'd bet my house on what the majority of them have as their nationality.

I don't see an issue w his cardio for 3 rounds. 5 is another story tho.

Anyone w great cardio would get tired having such a war like he did w burns
Colby can keep that pace for 5 rds. Khaz can only do it for 1 and a half. Yes the Burns fight was a war but the 2nd half of rd 2 you could see Khaz and Burns were gassing pretty hard. Granted Colby might be an exception being I have never seen another fighter e able to go at that pace for 5 rds.

A lot of Sherdog latches on to any reason at all to slag on fighters. And a great many Sherdoggers will grasp onto anything they can to justify their hate.

The more he wins, the more hate he will receive. It is what it is.
Hm their behavior seems kinda similar to your biased hatred of Francis NnGOATou doesn't it lol.

Colby can keep that pace for 5 rds. Khaz can only do it for 1 and a half. Yes the Burns fight was a war but the 2nd half of rd 2 you could see Khaz and Burns were gassing pretty hard. Granted Colby might be an exception being I have never seen another fighter e able to go at that pace for 5 rds.
I think his cardio and usmans cardio are exceptional yes. But it should be expected for guys going to war like khamzat and Burns to get tired. That's not bad cardio. That'd to be expected in a fight like that

I would bet my house on Americans making up the majority.

I'm sure there are SOME people pacing back and forth foaming at the mouth at the concept of missing weight, sure... they make up the same amount of foaming at the mouth people hating on Charles (who has missed weight many many more times than Chimaev)... just a tad above 0.

The rest? Yeah, I'd bet my house on what the majority of them have as their nationality.

Not this American sir.
I've never foamed at the mouth about something that didn't have something to do with me personally.

If you don't think at least a good portion of Conor (or even Khabib) fans have now moved into the Khamzat bandwagon, I have a bridge to sell you.

I think his cardio and usmans cardio are exceptional yes. But it should be expected for guys going to war like khamzat and Burns to get tired. That's not bad cardio. That'd to be expected in a fight like that
Usman os an even worse match up than Colby. Usman doesn't quite have Colbys cardio but has insane tdd (only reason Edward's got a td was Usman made a dumb mistake in rd 1) . Khaz can either gas out trying for a td or stand with a guy who throws bombs.

It might not be an example of "bad" cardio the Burns fight but WW has the 2 fighters with maybe best cardio in sport. He's better off going Middle weight and taking chances with Izzy........ or if Edward's wins the rematch which I doubt though.

He handled missing weight like it was a joke, flipped off the fans that paid to see him fight Nate. Got in a brawl back stage before the fight. Acts like an entitled D-bag post fight. Has an unbearable fanbase. Some of the hate is justifiable.

Usman os an even worse match up than Colby. Usman doesn't quite have Colbys cardio but has insane tdd (only reason Edward's got a td was Usman made a dumb mistake in rd 1) . Khaz can either gas out trying for a td or stand with a guy who throws bombs.

It might not be an example of "bad" cardio the Burns fight but WW has the 2 fighters with maybe best cardio in sport. He's better off going Middle weight and taking chances with Izzy........ or if Edward's wins the rematch which I doubt though.
He didn't have to fight a war like he did. If he's able to calm down and fight his fight,pace himself and not be emotional he may be able to reckon w anyone.

I used to think only Conor was capable of bringing out this level of delusion, but the recent heel turn by Khamzat has MMA fans saying stuff like:

“Khamzat only has one round of cardio. Colby will drown him.”

“Burns is just a bloated lightweight.”

“He was scared of Nate and ducked the fight.”

Khamzat is the gift that keeps on giving. Got the American fans so deranged they are pulling Olympic gold medal level mental gymnastics to justify how he actually isn’t anything special.
Sherdog History? You have a 2019 account. I think sherdog has been around longer than that.

“He was scared of Nate and ducked the fight.”

I certainly wouldn't say he was scared, and I probably wouldn't use the word "duck", but he sure as shit didn't show up for the fight.

He didn't have to fight a war like he did. If he's able to calm down and fight his fight,pace himself and not be emotional he may be able to reckon w anyone.
I can guarantee Colby would make Khaz fight emotionally so he would likely gas badly if he couldn't finish early. And unless Usman has fallen off I see no method of victory as hr loses standing likely gets kod and of he goes for tske down even if he gets it he will expend so much energy it may not be worth it. (Usman has that prime Aldo level TDD) I like Shav chances much better actually thsn Khaz against those 2.

Reactions: HHJ
He singlehandedly messed up the majority of a card because of his weight issues which he was not apologetic about in any way.

Are we supposed to love him for that?

I liked it

Back