Law Ron DeSantis sends two planes full of illegals to Martha's Vineyard upsetting rich Democrats

They didn’t apply for asylum until they got caught illegally in the country
Obama was called the Deported in Chief because he followed the legal process and then kicked out more people applying than any POTUS prior (I think the last is correct).

What logic would it make to take people in the process, who most of whom will be deported and slow that process down, allow for some to miss meetings and then maybe decide to just disappear and cause other problems?

That makes no sense outside a political stunt to feed a base who feasts on cruelty.

Uh, we get it. I’m saying I don’t believe that the people of Martha’s Vineyard are going to invite them back or want them to live there in the first place.

Really simple to get.
Based on what?

There still hasn't been anyone plausibly describing what the benefit of this was supposed to be if you don't see it as just a cruel, wasteful political stunt (and surely no one things spending $12M of public money for such a thing is acceptable behavior for a politician). What I think it is is that a lot of rightists are aware that they come off as just ill-bred louts and resent it. The hope was that the reaction would be negative and they could say, "see? My parents didn't fail; other people are just as bad." But when that didn't happened, that just reinforced the correct perception, which is why it's so important for rightists to pretend that it did.
The sad thing is, pretending it did happen is the new “it did happen!”. Nobody cares what’s true, just what can be pawned off as true. The target is people that are only paying attention peripherally. That’s the whole game.

Obama was called the Deported in Chief because he followed the legal process and then kicked out more people applying than any POTUS prior (I think the last is correct).

What logic would it make to take people in the process, who most of whom will be deported and slow that process down, allow for some to miss meetings and then maybe decide to just disappear and cause other problems?

That makes no sense outside a political stunt to feed a base who feasts on cruelty.

I think there are quite a few misconceptions itt. First, while I find this amusing, I am not a fan of Desantis or the actual use of people for an elaborate joke. With that said, those people also happen to be those that snuck I to our country and were caught. If they did not get caught, they never would have reported or requested asylum. They did that as a last ditch effort to stay after being caught sneaking in. It would be like taking an Alford-Kennedy plea in a criminal trial. You admit no wrongdoing but acknowledge the fact that there is enough evidence to convict so you take a plea. These people are saying “ok ok, you caught us, we which one, but we come from a very bad place….” And if you have a sad enough story, we let them stay and even offer to set them up with services and housing-much Lee than we do for homeless born here. These people were rewarded for breaking the law and I have an issue with that

so, you are saying that they came into the country legally? Like, they took the classes, got visas, and came through border checkpoints

They had all be processed and released awaiting a hearing. They are in the immigration process.

632898a8edbe7f00190ed6ab

FdBUgY7X0AA5JwE

Can't believe tax payer money went to producing this.

I think there are quite a few misconceptions itt. First, while I find this amusing, I am not a fan of Desantis or the actual use of people for an elaborate joke. With that said, those people also happen to be those that snuck I to our country and were caught. If they did not get caught, they never would have reported or requested asylum. They did that as a last ditch effort to stay after being caught sneaking in. It would be like taking an Alford-Kennedy plea in a criminal trial. You admit no wrongdoing but acknowledge the fact that there is enough evidence to convict so you take a plea. These people are saying “ok ok, you caught us, we which one, but we come from a very bad place….” And if you have a sad enough story, we let them stay and even offer to set them up with services and housing-much Lee than we do for homeless born here. These people were rewarded for breaking the law and I have an issue with that
Do you have a source on their status when they were processed?

I did a job at a house last week where the kids told the neighbour they had crackers and mayonnaise for dinner last night. You come in the WR mocking people for being poor because they can't afford gas $20 / Gallon gas like you apparently can.

I exposed you, with your own words, as someone who doesn't care if people can't afford rent, food, or to keep their electric or internet on.

That doesn't make me mad, it just makes you a terrible person who doesn't give a shit about poor people and the struggles they go through.

The fact I've had to say this a few times already is proof of how fitting the bottomless pit meme is for you. Also, nice post-idiocy alibi letter. Totally believeable!

So don't come in here pretending like you care about poor or downtrodden people, because your own words betray your feigned, fake concern.
If YOU prioritized helping poor people then you would NOT support the party that wants to cut taxes and regulations on wealthy people and corporations while placing more of the burden on middle class and below. They think poor people should have to pay MORE taxes so that they have "skin in the game". While rich people should pay less because otherwise it's "class warfare". Give me a break!

totally off topic but one thing that really pisses me off is when democratic policy for limiting driving is discussed that would use an increase in gas prices to get there. talk about out of touch cruelty man...

there are WAY too many families that this kind of policy would hurt deeply.
I live in one of the most liberal/left cities in the country. Currently, there's a proposal to take away parking for cars in favor of a bike lane. Would totally screw everybody who has cars in our neighborhood. My family and I are upset about it. Some of these politicians are people me and my family know and they've done favors for me in the past, but I can't support them on this.

Whatever one may think of Cruz, he's dead on here. Like, why is this even a story? It's 50 people being treated like it was a caravan of 1000's, and that the residents were put in a very difficult position. Boss move would've been for them to thank DeSantis for some migrant workers, have a few hire some on the spot for the cameras, and not say anything more. The whole "crisis" talk, complete with "we don't have the resources for ALL of these people", followed by bussing them out a day later, is exactly what DeSantis wanted.

50 whole people...
Because Martha's Vineyard doesn't have jobs for people in the off season, for fuck's sake. DeSantis knew that when he did this political stunt. He knew they didn't have the resources for them. Let's stop playing dumb!

Was his point not proven though? Did you not see how quickly those migrants were exiled from Martha's Vineyard? The outrage is pivoting to Desantis breaking the law, although it doesn't appear that he did after the migrants signed waivers. Thread outrage should be why didn't the people of Martha's Vineyard allow the migrants to stay? Other parts of the country are obligated to. Why not them?
They thought they were going to Boston. They were told they were going to Boston. It's better that they are ultimately taken to somewhere in the Boston area that has the resources to assist them. What are they going to do in Martha's Vineyard in the OFF season? Even the established locals with long term connections and whatnot STRUGGLE during this time of year.

I live in one of the most liberal/left cities in the country. Currently, there's a proposal to take away parking for cars in favor of a bike lane. Would totally screw everybody who has cars in our neighborhood. My family and I are upset about it. Some of these politicians are people me and my family know and they've done favors for me in the past, but I can't support them on this.

i mean its maybe the most out of touch proposal ive ever heard. EVERYONE i know goes to europe and other vacation spots at leaste once a year and sometimes way more often than that..... and in the meantime they travel to national parks and other vacation spots in suv's and sports cars..... raising gas prices will not stop any of them from going either..... i haven't really looked at what that carbon imprint is like but the idea that we should first raise gas prices harming the poor and lower middle class before we cut out unnecessary travel and FORCE car companies to produce 3 cylinder cars and other options that reduce emissions is just pure cruelty.

lower class people are mostly just driving to work and getting groceries. they are not the people that should feel the crunch first thats for damn sure.

my one friend went on five fucking vacations this year man..... but lets harm the poor.

IF Desantis is so against immigration why doesn't Florida have an E-verify law, before any hire.
Most states have that law.
It is estimated that more than 50% of farm workers are undocumented.
If Desantis really wanted to do something about illegal immigration he could have just went to a large farm in Florida, but I guess Big Ag paid for Desantis to pull stunts to play to the Fox news crowd.

Because Martha's Vineyard doesn't have jobs for people in the off season, for fuck's sake. DeSantis knew that when he did this political stunt. He knew they didn't have the resources for them. Let's stop playing dumb!
Thats kind of the point, is it not?

I think maybe he wasn’t expecting them to try and charge him; but the blowback has been worth it for him to embarrass the dems
What about him upsetting and alienating Venezuelan Americans, an increasingly key demographic for him in Florida, and one of the few Latino subgroups that lean right/Republican?

Back