Social Does the idea of going to Disney World sound like hell for anyone else?

Alphaboy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
There are some things that many people find exciting that I think would be Guantanamo Bay type torture. (See my thread about Times Square during New Years)

The idea of Disney World to me sounds like this. In general, the thought of theme parks with young children does not sound pleasant.

The loooooong lines, so bad that I hear even the VIP express lanes are long as hell too! I'm not a fan of crowds of strangers, walking around all day, super expensive crap... I've never been, but I can imagine it's the same type of stadium prices with $5 fountain drinks and $15 box of small nachos.

7prutBl.png

I can't even imagine the headache of walking around with strollers all day, if anything I think it'd be better with kids 7 <. Then again, most people seem not to mind long lines and crowded venues, it's not really my scene. Buuuut I suppose this is one of those things you do for your kids; sacrificing so that they could have a good experience, for others, it is crossing something off of the bucket list. If I had to choose between this and being kicked in the nuts to make 'em happy... yep, I'm choosing the latter.

Has anyone been? Let me know your experience.

KF9NLy4.png

I enjoyed myself when I took my daughter back in 2019. I would certainly not enjoy it much if it were busy season though. We used their system to book ride times instead of lining up. For rides that didn’t have that option we would try and go during quieter times of the day. Some rides were just always busy so we avoided those. There was more than enough stuff to do. The weather was perfect. It was as busy as to be expected. I wouldn’t call it a relaxing trip by any means but it was a nice 3 day get away with my kid and seeing her have fun was definitely worth it. I was also a Disney kid growing up so the nostalgia was nice.

It can be a fun time but the time it takes waiting in line is ridiculous. Same with the ability to spend money at every turn. Get one of those guides and do all the stuff in reverse order to how they funnel you into the park. Animal Kingdom and Universal Studios are worth it if you have the chance.

I have worked at theme parks for almost the past 20 years so no thank you. You pay a ton of money to wait in lines all day. I work at the best now though. Right on the beach. Love it

I'm going in 2 weeks.

I hope it's fun, but honestly I have my doubts. Looking forward to it being behind me.

Still haven't gone to Disney World, but we go to Disneyland about once a year (live in Bay Area) and will usually just do one full day. We qualify to get and have been using a DAS (disability) pass for almost 5 years now. Honestly without that it would probably suck ass, however DAS pass in conjunction to using fast pass (disney genie now) we are hardly ever waiting in line. We also stay at hotels that are very close to the park. That way we don't have to worry about parking and we can take a break/power nap in the afternoon. The worse ever is when we started driving at midnight and went straight to Disneyland. Had to deal with the parking line and tram line before waiting for the line to get in the park on top of being exhausted with very little sleep. My kids are 7 and 4 now and we are actually going there in a month. This will probably be my oldest 8th time there and my youngest 4th time. Youngest one just cracked 40" so now he can finally go on Space Mountain and Rise of the Resistance.

My wife and I took our kids in November 2019 and March 2022. We only stayed there for one night and one day and did Magic Kingdom. Kids had a great time. Lines were not too bad. I think a whole week is excessive. It's also way too pricey for the average person.

Ive never been to Disneyworld but I went to Disneyland as an adult a few years ago with my brothers family. I had a good time because I was hanging out with my nephews but the fact that people go there without kids is absolutely crazy to me. Probably the last place id go for vacation.

Last edited:
There are some things that many people find exciting that I think would be Guantanamo Bay type torture. (See my thread about Times Square during New Years)

The idea of Disney World to me sounds like this. In general, the thought of theme parks with young children does not sound pleasant.

The loooooong lines, so bad that I hear even the VIP express lanes are long as hell too! I'm not a fan of crowds of strangers, walking around all day, super expensive crap... I've never been, but I can imagine it's the same type of stadium prices with $5 fountain drinks and $15 box of small nachos.

7prutBl.png

I can't even imagine the headache of walking around with strollers all day, if anything I think it'd be better with kids 7 <. Then again, most people seem not to mind long lines and crowded venues, it's not really my scene. Buuuut I suppose this is one of those things you do for your kids; sacrificing so that they could have a good experience, for others, it is crossing something off of the bucket list. If I had to choose between this and being kicked in the nuts to make 'em happy... yep, I'm choosing the latter.

Has anyone been? Let me know your experience.

KF9NLy4.png

Disney is woke. All the fuck shit is gross. I think parents have nostalgia and just want to flex to their friends saying their kids went. It's a circle jerk. fuck Disney.

Ive never been to Disneyworld but I went to Disneyland as a adult a few years ago with my brothers family. I had a good time because I was hanging out with my nephews but the fact that people go there without kids is absolutely crazy to me. Probably the last place id go for vacation.

Sounds pedo island.

It's different as a family event. Random going theur just seems weird.

I went by my buddy's place and nobody answered. I drove away and I saw hot pink shirt. It was his daughter in the park.

Some old bastard waa on a bicycle circling her and her friend. I pulled over and went over their. He fucked off by the time I got there. Maybe nothing but I told my buddy. Fucking weirdo. Creepy as fuck.

If you go all out and splurge it’s worth it. Meaning, get the premium dining plan and all that. The last time that my wife and I took our kids we ate at some great restaurants and got drink tickets so I basically drank for free at dinner. Lines were a little crazy at the parks and by day 3 you’re pretty wiped…but I live in the Midwest and we went in February. So when it was 10 degrees here it was 70 there, not too hot and was a nice break. We had a good time.

No
I really liked The Magic Kingdom back when I went there in the 90's.
But there is no fucking way I'm going to any Disney theme parks based on those ticket prices.
1 Ticket for Disney Park entry = 2 Tickets for Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure

Yep. Whole thing seems like a logistical nightmare. Have heard you need to set aside at least 10k to made a decent Disney World trip viable.

Back