Social Reverend refuses to baptise baby

Have you actually read the Book of Job? It is a brilliant examination of human suffering. If reading something is too hard for you, then you could always watch the movie A Serious Man which is a modern take on Job.

Sure, suffering to test his faith. “Worship me not matter what I do to you!” — The G-Man.
So brilliant, and not at all authoritarian.

It's SO wrong. I thought religious folk were supposed to be welcoming. Sounds pretty nasty to condemn innocent babies like this.

Christians are supposed to be loving, but that isn't the same as welcoming and tolerating everyone and everything. There is nothing wrong with having standards and holding people to those standards. Religion is not supposed to be something that is easy. To be truly religious takes effort, study, practice, discipline, restraint and sacrifice. People who claims they are religious because they merely believe something or attend the Church once a week is like someone who calls himself a fighter because he watches the UFC.

Last edited:
Had a customer the other day named Nathan but it was spelled nathian. These dumb women are gonna have their kids spelling their name to people for the rest of their lives.

Had another named maxamillion a while back lol
Did you ask if the mother named him or the father?

Does the baby even want to be baptized?

This is about a baptism though, not a wedding. As an American he has the right to refuse. As a Christian he is 100% wrong not to do it. It demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of what baptism is even about. Not surprising for southern Christians though
It depends on the denomination. Some believe in the age of accountability, which a baby definitely hasn't reached.

Had a customer the other day named Nathan but it was spelled nathian. These dumb women are gonna have their kids spelling their name to people for the rest of their lives.

Had another named maxamillion a while back lol
In this case I think it's an 18 year old girl. Young, dumb, and full of cum.

Anyway..

Some preachers have preferences when it comes to conducting a wedding. It's their right whether people like it or not. There are plenty of choices out there.
He shouldn't have originally told them and the congregation he would baptise the child.

I think you are assuming that baptism means the same thing for everyone and it just flatly doesn't. There are many different understandings of baptism and you have got to leave room for people to have varying theologies. the only other option I could think of is to assume that you are 100% right in your understanding and that doesn't seem to be a good way to go to me.

It's not just about baptism either it's about what each Church expects to be in place in support of that baptism and there are very good reasons why some Churches would not baptize that child.

I grew up Baptist so I don't know the total theology of the Methodist Church. Baptism is a big deal but obviously if someone converts to Methodist from atheism there still is a path it is not the end being baptized whether a child or an adult

So. They can go get married within the hour at a court, granted a marriage license, and that's okay now for the child to be accepted by god, but not before. Correct?
Of course nor cuffs. Baptism doesn't save anyone in protestant religion that I know of....Likely catholics as well.

It depends on the Christian sect. Protestant denominations tend to make up rules and simply create new sects for their own convenience as they go along. The Catholic Church will baptize babies regardless of how the parents are living because they believe in saving the individual child. There are also anabaptists who believe baptism should not occur until the individual has genuinely decided to accept the Christian faith.

Catholic church AFIAK reguires to do full ritual.
While it isn't mando even both parents presence.
U basically need 2 ppl, you and kid and you will do prayers and yeah.... promise to God.....
It is treaty with God...
Then baby is baptised.....

It is actually sacre ritual not less important than wedding. It is even more important.
After baptising ritual you will be tied with an egregor and Master God will get your name written in his book.
It is basically that God now does have some duty to do for you.
In exchange for .....you know.
Baptising is very deep occult ritual.
More serious than ritual when you get black belt etc ( while bb is modern marketing stuff and is new era stuff ,)....

It might look stupid and ridiculous but baptising is most powerful occult ritual in christianity.
Next is....last sacrament and last prayer....

Wedding ritual in christianity is treaty with God.
This too isn't joke.

Catholic church AFIAK reguires to do full ritual.
While it isn't mando even both parents presence.
U basically need 2 ppl, you and kid and you will do prayers and yeah.... promise to God.....
It is treaty with God...
Then baby is baptised.....

It is actually sacre ritual not less important than wedding. It is even more important.
After baptising ritual you will be tied with an egregor and Master God will get your name written in his book.
It is basically that God now does have some duty to do for you.
In exchange for .....you know.
Baptising is very deep occult ritual.
More serious than ritual when you get black belt etc ( while bb is modern marketing stuff and is new era stuff ,)....

It might look stupid and ridiculous but baptising is most powerful occult ritual in christianity.
Next is....last sacrament and last prayer....

Wedding ritual in christianity is treaty with God.
This too isn't joke.

confused-mark-wahlberg.gif

Back