Elon Musk Agrees to $44b Deal for Twitter

Probably trying to make up for the all the money he's going to lose as the result of being forced to buy. Oh well, having AI run algorithms will probably lead to an absolute shit show. Good thing I hardly ever use Twitter.

Kind of goes without saying. If he plans to run an actual free speech platform, the existing staff aren't capable. Sorry, pussies, you're going to have to build your own twitter.

bork1}

LMAO, is it to late to start shorting the stock?

Yeah, you missed the deadline. You're not allowed to short stocks anymore.

<JagsKiddingMe>

Anyone who says "good" that someone is going to lose their job is a c*nt.

Just saying.

That's never a good thing unless they're filthy rich and it won't affect their life, in which case it doesn't really matter.

Good. Start with the 75%.

After he then gets a few good hires, he can lay off the other 25%
Kind of goes without saying. If he plans to run an actual free speech platform, the existing staff aren't capable. Sorry, pussies, you're going to have to build your own twitter.

bork1}

Yeah, you missed the deadline. You're not allowed to short stocks anymore.

<JagsKiddingMe>
Oh look, its the Conservatives applying The Great Replacement Theory

Just saying.

That's never a good thing unless they're filthy rich and it won't affect their life, in which case it doesn't really matter.

I’m sure if they have Twitter on their resume, they will bounce back fast, especially if it’s this large of one that makes news. There’s been a few mass tech layoffs lately but none close to 75%. I’d be pretty surprised if they actually did that. What’s I’ve heard is when he originally said he’d be laying people off a few months back was an attempt to get people to just job search and quit ahead of time. Then you avoids severance and other headaches that come with a staff cut. I have no idea if he really means this or not.

I’m sure if they have Twitter on their resume, they will bounce back fast, especially if it’s this large of one that makes news. There’s been a few mass tech layoffs lately but none close to 75%. I’d be pretty surprised if they actually did that. What’s I’ve heard is when he originally said he’d be laying people off a few months back was an attempt to get people to just job search and quit ahead of time. Then you avoids severance and other headaches that come with a staff cut. I have no idea if he really means this or not.

That makes a lot more sense, but is less sensational.

That's just natural attrition by way of refusing to fill vacant posts.

Just saying.

I agree, but people rely on Twitter for their business and how many of those twitter twats deplatformed and hurt the livelihoods of conservatives?

I agree, but people rely on Twitter for their business and how many of those twitter twats deplatformed and hurt the livelihoods of conservatives?

Same applies: don't be a c*nt.

What the thickies that will celebrate are intentionally missing is that NO company is run by the lay person, so celebrating mass job loss because you don't like the way a company has been run is retarded.

I've worked for companies and bosses I hated. Doesn't mean I deserved to lose my job for taking part in the general day-to-day activities.

We gonna pretend cleaners need to be ethically scrupulous about where they work now? Sounds like cancel culture to me.

Elon is already trying to think of a way to dupe Ye into buying Twitter.
Elon is going to lose assloads of money on this deal.
90+% of the revenue is generated by ad dollars. Turn the place into a shit hole and a company that already cant make money will lose even more.
I guess Elon wont be able to afford to trade horses for hand jobs anymore.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
africancelary
Back