So does Islam’s win over the great Oliveira means Khabib is the LW goat or you’re still not...

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Convinced? But Khabib left too early talk is it over or not yet? If Islam went on to dismantle every challenge for the next few years would that make him and Khabib the goats or just Islam?

To be the lightweight GOAT, you can't miss weight at 155. You also can't fail to show up for weigh-ins because you were going to miss weight again.

Khabib fought as many times at welterweight outside of the UFC as he did at lightweight in the UFC. Add in his repeated struggles to make 155 in the UFC and it is clear that he was a welterweight trying to fight at lightweight.

If being the GOAT was that important to Khabib he should have continued.

Frankie still LW GOAT.

<CanYouSeeMeNow>

To be the lightweight GOAT, you can't miss weight at 155. You also can't fail to show up for weigh-ins because you were going to miss weight again.

Khabib fought as many times at welterweight outside of the UFC as he did at lightweight in the UFC. Add in his repeated struggles to make 155 in the UFC and it is clear that he was a welterweight trying to fight at lightweight.
lmao at all these made up rules for a made up title. Update your fan fiction!

GOAT is subjective and will change from person to person. We think someone is GOAT we don't need to convince people they are GOAT. I have been entertained by Khabib,Islam and Oleviera fights.

imagine if everyone agreed who was the GOAT??

Dude such and such was a former GOAT,he was GOAT for at least 6 weeks.

So Islam's wins are also being counted as Khabib's wins now? This is complete nonsense. It reminds me of when people used to treat the Diaz brothers as a singular entity.

I'll also add that Islam and Khabib are very different fighters. They obviously share similar grappling fundamentals, but they employ them very differently. Khabib was a classic position-over-submission guy, whereas Islam actively hunts for submissions. And they are completely different on the feet.

So Islam's wins are also being counted as Khabib's wins now? This is complete nonsense. It reminds me of when people used to treat the Diaz brothers as a singular entity.

I'll also add that Islam and Khabib are very different fighters. They obviously share similar grappling fundamentals, but they employ them very differently. Khabib was a classic position-over-submission guy, whereas Islam actively hunts for submissions. And they are completely different on the feet.
I think its a backlash because people said Olivera beating Islam would be the same as beating Khabib

If Khabib was the goat he wouldn’t be coddled by a murderous dictator.
If you want to talk about pure skill as a fighter he isn’t even the greatest but if we factor in how you carry yourself as a man and role model for a sport, he’s even farther from it.

If Khabib was the goat he wouldn’t be coddled by a murderous dictator.
If you want to talk about pure skill as a fighter he isn’t even the greatest but if we factor in how you carry yourself as a man and role model for a sport, he’s even farther from it.
Made up rules for a made up title.

This win only reflects on Khabib as a coach.

Khabib isn’t Islam and Islam set up with striking and went to the ground for the finish on a rocked Charles. Charles needed to be rocked first, lesser chance of this with Khabib. Charles striking is tricky and it could have easily gave Khabib issues or Khabib would have got him down and kept him down etc.

Islam is now 11-0 streak as a LW and Khabib was 11-0 (missed weight and had 2 CW fights)

1 more win and he ties Tony 12-0 streak and after that 2 more wins ties the title defense record. Islam is in a strong position to surpass them all. Charles is a better win than Iaquinta, McGregor, Dustin and Justin at this point. I imagine his 4 defenses will be better competition or equal to Dustin / Justin.

Islam is building his own legacy not giving Khabib make believe wins or validating him. You can have a loss on your record and still build the best LW resume and title run in the history of the UFC.

Islam 15-0 LW run and 4 title defenses > Khabib’s 11-0 LW run and 3 defenses

Islam has more LW fights career wise

Islam 23 LW fights CW 1 time

Khabib 16 LW 13 WW/CW

Last edited:
Made up rules for a made up title.
I agree goat is made up, but what isn’t is the fact that the guys in your profile photo worship at the altar of a murderer.

I agree goat is made up, but what isn’t is the fact that the guys in your profile photo worship at the altar of a murderer.
Nice fan fiction youve got going there,from a place of great comfort im sure.

Convinced? But Khabib left too early talk is it over or not yet? If Islam went on to dismantle every challenge for the next few years would that make him and Khabib the goats or just Islam?

If Islam would “dismantle every challenge for the next few years“ it would probably make Islam LW GOAT, not Khabib. Islam’s wins are not “Khabib the fighters” wins. You can’t do it like that. Would you count Islam’s losses as losses for Khabib as a fighter (not as a coach) for example?

Back