Rewatch 9 years ago today. Gsp managed to beat Johnny Hendricks

the icing on the cake was when GSP from out of nowhere retired and dropped the belt on the spot there too

Dana was beet red & fuming

then he somehow decided to let GSP come out of retirement and fight Bisping when everybody knew he would never defend that belt

money talks

the icing on the cake was when GSP from out of nowhere retired and dropped the belt on the spot there too

Dana was beet red & fuming

then he somehow decided to let GSP come out of retirement and fight Bisping when everybody knew he would never defend that belt

money talks

Dana was shitting on GSP that whole presser. Not even a fan of Georges but that was a bad look. One of the people in the back even tried to stop GSP from getting to the presser and Dana even said he was transported to the hospital IIRC. They tried to make it look like Johny immobilized him and beat him out of the UFC for good lol....

Dana was shitting on GSP that whole presser. Not even a fan of Georges but that was a bad look. One of the people in the back even tried to stop GSP from getting to the presser and Dana even said he was transported to the hospital IIRC. They tried to make it look like Johny immobilized him and beat him out of the UFC for good lol....
Dana gonna Dana. "GSP went straight to the hospital!!!"

Here's the press conference, timestamped to when GSP arrives. Dana's reaction is gold.

Last edited:
The night Hendricks sent GSP into retirement

This isn't really true. True GSP fans know that he was already contemplating about retirement after he fought Condit. He just fought Nick Diaz coz the UFC wanted it, and he felt it was an unfinished business and could very well be his last fight coz mentally he doesn't have it in him anymore and was in a 'dark place' mentally. But then fans wanted to see him fight Hendricks who's been on a tear and he admitted that he just had to take that fight though mentally he has his one foot out the door. He said he was unmotivated and it was the worst training camp he ever had. Prime Hendricks in his best version fought the worst version of GSP and still lost.

And GSP happily announced his retirement in a mall several weeks later, not on this night.

Hendricks beat the shit out of him and really won that fight
GSP ran into retirement after it

I don't give a shit how many defences he has, he is not the GOAT running from the sport at the first sign of adversity

Anderson suffered losses and fought way past his prime, but to me he has a warrior's heart and a true fighter

As much as I love Khabib, he is also like GSP and quit in his prime afraid of losing

Silva is the MMA GOAT

It's still hilarious to me that people think it's impossible GSP won this fight.

Just admit you don't understand how the scoring system works. Be honest.

I never see the people arguing GSP lost ever breakdown the fight. It's hilarious.

Literally comes down to 1 round as rounds 2 through 5 aren't even debatable, they were split between them.

GSP outlanded Hendricks in round 1, had a TD and sub attempt. Hendricks didn't throw anything super crazy that landed in round 1. To act like it's impossible GSP won, shows me said individual probably doesn't understand MMA scoring.

Also one of the most biased commentaries ever in Hendricks' favor in that fight.

Last edited:
Clear robbery. If you got no honesty you're going to deny it.
What makes it clear? Calling it a robbery and declaring anyone who disagrees are dishonest is weak. Honestly break down how you scored the fight and explain what makes it a robbery.

2 & 4 were clear 10-9 for Johnny
3 & 5 were clear for GSP
1st round was razor close. The rounds for GSP were far more dominant than anything Hendricks did. 2 & 4 were close in striking. The 3rd had GSP doubling the sig strikes 31-15. It was the most dominant round and should be worth more than the 10-9's Johnny got for 3-4 more strikes landed in the rounds he won.

It was a close fight that could have gone either way, imagine that fight between 2 random dudes on DWCS. Nobody cries robbery if they didn't have a rooting interest or existing bias. Johnny being so competitive with GSP when no one else him gave much of a fight resulted in the Halo effect. Extra credit to Johnny for not getting dominated isn't a valid reason for him to win let alone calling it a Robbery.

It's still hilarious to me that people think it's impossible GSP won this fight.

I never see the people arguing GSP lost ever breakdown the fight. It's hilarious.

Literally comes down to 1 round as rounds 2 through 5 aren't even debatable, they were split between them.

GSP outlanded Hendricks in round 1, had a TD and sub attempt. Hendricks didn't throw anything super crazy that landed in round 1. To act like it's impossible GSP won, shows me said individual probably doesn't understand MMA scoring.

Also one of the most biased commentaries ever in Hendricks' favor in that fight.
Couldn't agree more, round by round scoring appears to be a complete mystery to some.

Those are probably the very same people who thought Gustafsson got robbed in the first Jones fight. Similarly to GSP vs Hendricks, that fight also had some egregiously biased commentary.

GSP's amazing takedown and lame guillotine attempt lasted 5 seconds....not even worth scoring.

Hendricks threw and landed more significant strikes, took GSP down and busted his leg and his face up.

Only a GSP dick rider (like yourself) could make a case for GSP winning Rd1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Baker
Back