Elon Musk Agrees to $44b Deal for Twitter

He was the founder of PayPal, Zip2, Starlink, and the face of Tesla and SpaceX. Hard to make a case that this guy knows nothing about the internet and awesome tech. He’s much smarter and knows a lot more about this than most all of his critics. There may be some bumps, but I’m betting Twitter will change (maybe dramatically) for the better.
He's not the founder of pretty much all those companies

He was the founder of PayPal, Zip2, Starlink, and the face of Tesla and SpaceX. Hard to make a case that this guy knows nothing about the internet and awesome tech. He’s much smarter and knows a lot more about this than most all of his critics. There may be some bumps, but I’m betting Twitter will change (maybe dramatically) for the better.
I'm looking at his current actions and none of them are promising. I've outlined my reasons why in the thread and I don't feel like repeating myself, but the hot-hand fallacy you're pushing as the reason for why twitter will work out is not enough to convince me.

The way I see this playing out, Twitter is purged of all of these employees that don't want to be there with majority wasting the companies dollars while holding the company back. The company gets lean, adds new employees, but a fraction of the ones that left and the company continues to improve and grow at a significantly faster pace.

Weird -- I thought this Tweet would definitely be in this thread (unless I missed it) then again it might just be a reflection of how pissed I was at how much people misunderstood "freedom of speech" prior to this:

Weird -- I thought this Tweet would definitely be in this thread (unless I missed it) then again it might just be a reflection of how pissed I was at how much people misunderstood "freedom of speech" prior to this:

nice to see that elon is treating people who use hate speech on his platform the same way that he treats people who won't pay money for a blue checkmark....youre going to have to scroll far and wide just to see their tweets. freedom of speech only costs 8 dollars a month i guess.

he's still trying to figure out if its worth all of the rest of his advertisers jumping off before he goes and does that.

he cant even keep half the remaining employees that he didnt fire. he had to shut down the offices. now he really wants to shoot himself in the foot. if this keeps up, twitter will have made elon small millions in revenue. at the expense of 44 billion dollars upfront.

what in the hell is he doing? i guess this is the kind of shit that happens when a clown takes over. expect a circus.

he's still trying to figure out if its worth all of the rest of his advertisers jumping off before he goes and does that.

he cant even keep half the remaining employees that he didnt fire. he had to shut down the offices. now he really wants to shoot himself in the foot. if this keeps up, twitter will have made elon small millions in fortune. at the expense of a 44 billion dollar debt.

what in the hell is he doing? i guess this is the kind of shit that happens when a clown takes over. expect a circus.

A couple hundred extra people left who wouldn’t commit to working hard? Oh, the tragedy.

A couple hundred extra people left who wouldn’t commit to working hard? Oh, the tragedy.

yes. that must be it. simp harder. you ain't shit to your daddy elon. but be sure to give him that 8 dollars anyways. muhh free speech!

"Specifically seek it out" = censoring by another name. If people are not aware of a tweet they won't know it exists.

"Specifically seek it out" = censoring by another name. If people are not aware of a tweet they won't know it exists.

its basically shadow banning. elon was talking about that stuff last week, looking into whether or not he wanted to apply the same algorythm to those who arent paying for the blue checkmark.

it dont matter to me none i just use twitter to lurk and read a bunch of shit. i never use it to tweet. the moment they start charging money just to read stuff on twitter is when i deactivate my account for good. thats ultimately what its going to come down to now that elon is driving his users, his advertisers and his employees away.

He can't seriously believe people wont notice the same difference here, right?

Elon said Alex Jones is still banned. Where are the Freedom of Speech Derpers now?
I thought Elon was going to open up Twitter.
I will let you in a little secret, when Gay Frogs Jones got sued for a billion, everyone was like we need to tone down our shit. Its why Fox, OANN and Newmax now cut off guests now that talk about election fraud other than ballot harvesting and that kind of stuff. You mention voting machines they cut your ass off.
Defamation Laws are going to wreck right wing conspiracy weirdos. I

B70-A6-E2-A-C338-4-F6-E-B4-FE-9-EC2600-C2-B0-D.jpg

i want 70+ hours out of you each week, and no overtime pay! no booking holidays either, especially around christmas time. ya'll need to learn how to be hardcore, by getting treated like dog shit and walking on eggshells while having to grind your fingers to the bone for me and make me lots of money so that i can go back to counting the money coming in and forgetting about the rest of the company, because thats the kind of worker that i am!

you hear that folks? i want LONGER code. not shorter more efficient code just to do the same thing. the more you code, the more i pay.

my dream of owning the libs sounded nice in my head one day, but its turned into a headache. and i start to realise the foolish mistake it has become after i spent 44 billion dollars that i will never be able to make back from the company, but hey, i really dont want to be here anymore and im just going to walk away, so its up to the rest of you losers to be hardcore and suck it up, double up that work week, and pick up the slack for me while i sit back and twiddle my thumbs, like the real leader leading by example that i am!

i know we've been firing everybody and then telling them to come back to work just so we can fire them again after they train our sock puppets we brought in from spacex, but we're just being fair here. i mean we give our employees a few months of severance pay after we fired pretty much the entire staff without cause or notice on the week we took over. thats just the kind of caring people that we are! we didnt have to do that unless they spend alot of money and time just to fight us in court just to get what is entitled to them, which we know most people won't if they are living paycheck-to-paycheck and need to find a new job immediately, they aint gonna show up in court to fight for whats theirs, but the word has gotten out now and its getting negative press so we'll give these fired employees a nice gesture of gratitude this time and throw them a bone. and besides, my followers will love it when i tell everybody what a nice guy i am for giving severance pay to the thousands of employees i up and fired one day!

the kind of shit thats going on over there right now makes factory jobs at amazon warehouses look appealing.

Last edited:
Back