Shoop SHOOP Dat BIGWAVERIDER R.I.P. Brother

0IhG32l.png

It's from a movie called ''Time Bandits'' which was one of my favorites as a young child..

Time_bandits.jpg

Time_Bandits_40_year_anniversary.jpg

I love that movie too. I can't believe I didn't recognize it, it's been a while since I have seen it.

Love Terry Gillam's movies. The Adventures of Baron Munchausen is awesome too.

I love that movie too. I can't believe I didn't recognize it, it's been a while since I have seen it.

Love Terry Gillam's movies. The Adventures of Baron Munchausen is awesome too.
Yeah, people tend to remember the midgets more when it comes to Time Bandits. I haven't seen it in years(decades) either, I've been waiting for it to come out on Netflix but no luck..

The fact that you can play some of those songs on anything other than air-guitar is incredible, I envy you :)
Altitudes is the song that started my interest in neoclassical metal. Becker's story makes one heart break.

It pisses me off when people discredit Malmsteen. Or say that he's an asshole. Well, DUH!! Maybe he is, so f..g what? When another people were engaging in social interactions, he was practising 10 hours a day and reinventing guitar music. If I had 1% of his skill I'd be an arrogant asshole too.
I love his dreamy stuff, great vibrato + short bursts of solo. Like in Icarus suite at around 7:00 - 7:10. Songs like Dreaming were as good as it gets as well. It goes without saying that you can't have a "prime period" forever.
I sure as hell prefer any repeatable guitar stuff than zero-value modern mumble rap. This is literally crap converted into music(?).

Great to know that there are like-minded people here as well hehe

Sorry for the late reply man, I was away on holiday and have only just been able to start catching up on my Sherdog stuff.

Yeah, that part in Icarus Dream Suite you mentioned (from 7:00 to 7:10) is such a good section of music, with a lot of feel in it. I played the acoustic guitar backing part of that section to my dad years ago, and he said "how the heck are you doing that". I said to him "that's the easy part of the song", hahahaha.
I think people discredit Malmsteen because they can't get themselves onto the wavelength of the songs - they can't really feel the song so they just talk about how it's too fast or something like that. They don't really know what they're listening to, so the song just sounds like a bunch of noise to them.

Yeah, that mumble rap genre has me scratching my head. I guess popular hiphop/rap had to go in some direction, and that is the direction it went.

Back