I think izzy would Tko pereira in the rematch in the championship rounds

Soldierofgodufc

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think izzy would gas pereira out and finish a very tired pereira in the fourth or fifth round. The first time around izzy did not fight agressive enough, right now he will, which will gas pereira out. Izzy is a smart person he knows how to adapt.

I think izzy would gas pereira out and finish a very tired pereira in the fourth or fifth round. The first time around izzy did not fight agressive enough, right now he will, which will gas pereira out. Izzy is a smart person he knows how to adapt.

If he gets more aggressive it leaves him open for the counter, which is what happened in their second kickboxing match.

Anything is possible but if he didn't already, Pereira definitely has the mental edge now. You can't lose to the same guy 3x, get finished twice and still go in there with supreme confidence. Pereira is also the green one when it comes to MMA. He should improve more by the time they fight again than Izzy will.

He wasn't aggressive because his legs were getting trashed by Pereira's shins. Same thing will happen in the rematch Adesanya isn't winning the kicking battle.

Next time Alex won't go for any overzealous trips and keep the fight standing. One good shot and it'll be 4-0.

Would love to see Izzy win so he could get to 1-3. Pereira would obviously deserve a rematch, cuz he's still 3-1 after all, so maybe Izzy wins that immediate rematch and gets to 2-3, which makes yet another immediate rematch obvious, cuz in case Izzy wins that, he would be 3-3 and we would only need one more fight to determine who's really the best.

The first time around izzy did not fight agressive enough, right now he will
right, to get countered and knocked out in round 2
how long have you been watching fights ? this ain't your 2 minute kyokushin tournament
its 25 minute of grueling chess match, going too aggressive almost cost pereira the fight in first round
not like izzy didn't try, he did pressed pereira in some moments and got countered hard just watch the fight instead of highlights lol

I think Izzy has more chances to get the KO if he goes balls to the wall from the start than after accumulating damage.

He's faster and more mobile, those things kind of even out when they're both tired and beat up, but Pereira's strength advantage still carries until the final bell.

NCAA Adesanya might win, although I question how long he can keep Pereira on the ground. I think standing with a guy who has already knocked him out twice might be a losing proposition, and knowing you’re 0-3 against a rival has got to create some sort of frustration. I don’t like his chances in a rematch at all.

giphy.gif

NCAA Adesanya might win, although I question how long he can keep Pereira on the ground. I think standing with a guy who has already knocked him out twice might be a losing proposition, and knowing you’re 0-3 against a rival has got to create some sort of frustration. I don’t like his chances in a rematch at all.

He would have no chance if he just tried wrestling Alex the entire time. One of his takedowns resulted from Alex basically taking himself down, which I reckon will be less likely to happen as more months of experience pass by.

If Israel is capable of just wrestling Alex for 25 minutes then Alex wouldn't have won any fights in the UFC. Every fighter before Israel had way more incentive to take Alex down.

Would love to see Izzy win so he could get to 1-3. Pereira would obviously deserve a rematch, cuz he's still 3-1 after all, so maybe Izzy wins that immediate rematch and gets to 2-3, which makes yet another immediate rematch obvious, cuz in case Izzy wins that, he would be 3-3 and we would only need one more fight to determine who's really the best.
Great idea, perhaps they can fight once every half year forever and we can keep the argument about who is the best going forever.

People overestimate Izzy's cardio. He was tired as well that's why Izzy looked like that in the later rounds. He's not used to offensive grappling and it zapped him just as much as it zapped Pereira. Izzy's fights are very low output with not much going on, so him going 5 rounds multiple times doesn't really mean he has crazy cardio. His only real high intensity/volume 5 round fight was with Gastelum and he was gassed in that fight. His other fights is a lot of standing around at long to mid range and throwing a couple kicks and punches here and there, then back pedaling a few steps back to reset then rinse and repeat. If you actually look at the strike count and intensity of the rounds, it's not really high intensity/volume/pace.

nah if izzy makes it 1 - 3, that will prove he is better.

giphy.gif

I think other opponents would be better for Izzy.

0-4 against the same guy is just levels more of a career and legacy killer.

The 0-3 record is the most misleading H2H stat in combat sports history imo. Izzy has lost (when in reality he clearly won one) but has a legit argument to claim he is the better all around fighter. It's weird.

Lol

Back