What in your opinion would be the 1 thing to change to make the UFC be/look more professional?

Shit can DC, and Rogan. Does that count as one thing? As it’s the one thing I would change.

Quite the conundrum. It’s an enigma. A complete vexation.

Let me ruminate on this, and I’ll get back to you.

Fire Dana and replacing him with a respectable front man.

You don't see the NFL commissioner throwing out f-bombs, and leading every press conference with just much money they made.

Dana is akin to a professional wrestling promoter. As long as a guy like him is the face of the sport it will be looked upon by casuals as something not to take seriously.

pride_fc_ring.jpg

Ring

I honestly wish they would do one Pride style throw back event every year. Using the ring and the same rules and everything else.

Definitely a ring. The cage has always been barbaric to me. Also, it allows wrestlers to wall and stall. A ring is more aesthetically pleasing and forces the action more. You do risk guys falling out the ring but it was rare.

Only one thing that is within the UFC's control. If you could change just one thing for the betterment of the sport and company, to make it more professional as a whole, what would it be?

For me, better commentators. No guys like Joe who is just doing it as a side gig and is so clearly not involved enough anymore with the MMA world to be a talking head on all things MMA during a broadcast. No guys like DC that clearly show lack of dedication by not doing their homework. Also, they should be obligated to be taught the official scoring criteria and be aware that the official scoring criteria has precedence over their own thoughts and feels on how to score a fight. Furthermore, less small talk getting in the way of calling what is happening in the fight. More focus and more discipline. Lastly, they should be taught the importance of impartiality.

<DCWhoa><30>

you-lack-discipline-south-park.gif

I actually quite like the commentators in general. I feel like for the most part they do a good job. When you listen to commentary on a regional event you appreciate them a lot more.

For me the biggest improvement is create more clarity/pathways for how to move up the ranks.
-It feels some fighters only need a few while others like Leon need an insane amount. So I would like it possible to get to title fight for fighters more evenly.
-Ban title fight immediate rematches, you have to move down an win an eliminator to get another shot even if close/controversial.
-Fighting a fighter with a lower rank and winning guarantees you move up in the rankings. This one is super important because fighters only want to fight higher ranked fighters and obviously one has to be lower ranked. This would make match making easier and not make fighters feel like they are "wasting fights" v lower ranked fighters. The "only fight higher ranked fighters" results in so many fighters sitting for no reason other than holding out for a better fight.

This would make it easier for fans to know what people need to do to get title fights and give fans better matchups and ranked fighters fighting more regularly.

Any permutation could also be just the sport completely collapsing and the company with it. So no Dana anymore, but also no sport. Wouldn't say that would be better.

Gotta give a more detailed scenario, bud.

While I don't agree no dana no sport, I do think people don't appreciate what he did for the sport. His growing the sport and apparently is still growing the UFC despite people "crying ufc dying". The financials couldn't be further from the "ufc dying" with the UFC still growing each year. No other sport has such a strong spokesperson and losing him could potentially trigger a slow decline. It is why it is important UFC starts succession planning and getting some else who can rep the UFC in the same way.

Honestly, they should make it so guys on win streaks knocking people put dont have to beg for a bonus because the car they take to the gym broke down

Fire Dana and replacing him with a respectable front man.

You don't see the NFL commissioner throwing out f-bombs, and leading every press conference with just much money they made.

Dana is akin to a professional wrestling promoter. As long as a guy like him is the face of the sport it will be looked upon by casuals as something not to take seriously.
You can tell UFC isn't a professional sport when you hear him speak.

I actually quite like the commentators in general. I feel like for the most part they do a good job. When you listen to commentary on a regional event you appreciate them a lot more.

For me the biggest improvement is create more clarity/pathways for how to move up the ranks.
-It feels some fighters only need a few while others like Leon need an insane amount. So I would like it possible to get to title fight for fighters more evenly.
-Ban title fight immediate rematches, you have to move down an win an eliminator to get another shot even if close/controversial.
-Fighting a fighter with a lower rank and winning guarantees you move up in the rankings. This one is super important because fighters only want to fight higher ranked fighters and obviously one has to be lower ranked. This would make match making easier and not make fighters feel like they are "wasting fights" v lower ranked fighters. The "only fight higher ranked fighters" results in so many fighters sitting for no reason other than holding out for a better fight.

This would make it easier for fans to know what people need to do to get title fights and give fans better matchups and ranked fighters fighting more regularly.

Eh.. local commentary might be worse, but that's no excuse for the presumably best paid commentators to still be very unprofessional a lot of the time.

But if you move up the rankings by beating lower ranked guys, all everybody would want to do is fight lower ranked guys.

I think the best way would be to have a point system where the higher ranked you are the more points the opponent gets for beating you, but even the lowest ranked dudes still would give you some points if you beat them. And maybe take away points if you lose. That way the person with the most points gets ranked the highest, just like a fighting video game. You'd have to have more rules to make it really work, but that's the gist of it.

Last edited:
<{danayeah}>

This clown.

When a clown is in a palace, he doesn't become a king. The palace becomes a circus, and the UFC is a circus because of him.

He did a job and brought the UFC somewhere, good for him, but now he has to gtfo and let a more professional and serious President take the UFC to the next level.

It will never be taken seriously with DW letting slip F'bombs left and right, giving "Baddest Motherfucker" belts, his "World Fucking Domination" slogan, and other juvenile crap like that

1_90ZK6viecwUptTqHF3tW8A.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
No more show/win scam, people already paid for it.

Conor already ruined the little legitimacy the UFC had left and left it shitty as hell. All that's left are financial fans and casuals.

While I don't agree no dana no sport, I do think people don't appreciate what he did for the sport. His growing the sport and apparently is still growing the UFC despite people "crying ufc dying". The financials couldn't be further from the "ufc dying" with the UFC still growing each year. No other sport has such a strong spokesperson and losing him could potentially trigger a slow decline. It is why it is important UFC starts succession planning and getting some else who can rep the UFC in the same way.

Yeah, I agree. I think Dana does more good than bad overall. So I don't think him gone would necessarily be better for the sport, unless you find the ultimate replacement, but good luck finding that guy.

I also don't think people really understand how business works and that the UFC is a business and fighters should approach it with a business mind, which they often don't do and get fucked because of it. It's not all on the UFC that fighters don't get treated better in some occasions. Fighters' management can be to blame too, or the fighters themselves, obviously.

Only one thing that is within the UFC's control. If you could change just one thing for the betterment of the sport and company, to make it more professional as a whole, what would it be?

For me, better commentators. No guys like Joe who is just doing it as a side gig and is so clearly not involved enough anymore with the MMA world to be a talking head on all things MMA during a broadcast. No guys like DC that clearly show lack of dedication by not doing their homework. Also, they should be obligated to be taught the official scoring criteria and be aware that the official scoring criteria has precedence over their own thoughts and feels on how to score a fight. Furthermore, less small talk getting in the way of calling what is happening in the fight. More focus and more discipline. Lastly, they should be taught the importance of impartiality.

<DCWhoa><30>

you-lack-discipline-south-park.gif

It would deliver us worse fights and be harder to sell PPV etc.

However, an official ranking system similar to sports would be nice. And not a UFC one where it's just a marketing gimmick, I mean an actual system with points and maths based on performance.

Also, a Legends League would be nice, much better than legends being sacrificed to the Just Bleed Gods to market new talent.

Mandatory health care for injuries related to MMA for five years after your last fight. No matter if you're the champ, or it's your first fight.

Back