Do you honestly think Conor can be successful & effective at 185?

• Total voters
Kelvin Gastelum is the same height as Conor, its not a height thing, its his Frame size,
Conor has a light slim build, smallish legs and arms, where as Gastelum is built like a tank, but his frame size is bigger, both the same height but Gastelum is a much bigger dude.

Conor has to bulk up to 185 where as Gastelum cuts to 185.

When I say height, I say it in the sense of reach. People who are taller tend to have more reach because it's proportionate to the rest of your body, as is your frame etc And yes, I realize reach will vary between people. Conor is at a huge reach disadvantage.

Kelvin? What good did his frame exactly do at middleweight? I think it's safe to say Gastelum was trying to strike with his opposition and his reach was a huge impairment at MW throughout his career

In every exchange Kelvin had no other choice but to be the aggressor if he had any hopes of catching his opponent with a punch. The cost was obviously high with the amount of punishment he took.

You never want to be undersized as a striker man

Last edited:
Depends who against. A striker he has a fair shot, against a decent grappler I'd say no.

Is this a serious question? Of course Conor can compete at MW.! Whittaker is ranked No 2 at MW and he got KO'd by Wonderboy who got KO'd by Pettis who lost to Eddie Alverez who Conor KO'd easily. McGregor is clearly one of the best MWs on the planet. He should get an immediate title shot. #Uncrowned MW champ

Lol @ComfortablyNumb55 is liking your post because he's too comfortably-dumb to realize you are satirizing MMA math. He unironically thinks Conor would be champ at middleweight.

You're not wrong. MMA fans are insane. But personally, anyone who thinks Conor is going to go on a deep MW run seeing that tweet probably still believes in Santa Claus

@ComfortablyNumb55 and @Izzysexboyfriend believe in santa then

MV5BYzg2NWNhOWItYjA3Yi00MzhhLTg4ZmItYzM3ZTIwN2U0ZGQ5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzEyMDQzNzY@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

At this point, the best UFC fights for McGregor would be Chandler, Ferguson, RDA or Dober at 170. McGregor will never fight at 185 unless its vs. a LW or a WW and the fighters agree to avoid a weight cut.

My guess is the UFC goes with Chandler vs. McGregor because they both need a win and barring a draw, one of them will get a W. Ferguson is probably a winnable fight for McGregor given how far Ferguson has declined, but I don't think beating Ferguson does anything for the McGregor brand. Too many fans realize that Ferguson is completely spent and he still would have a shot against McGregor given his length and unorthodox style. Even with age and lots of wear and tear, RDA is too dangerous. RDA probably dominates McGregor which is bad for the McGregor brand. Dober vs. McGregor would be a great entertaining stand-up fight as neither is interested in wrestling and grappling. Dober is a short former kick-boxer with a cast iron chin who strikes pretty good. A dangerous fight for McGregor, but the Just Bleed Gods would be happy and who ever loses, probably doesn't get dinged too hard unless they really have a bad day.

I assume this is a joke, but he does have some pretty dumb fans so I'll play along....

No. He has 0 chance of beating anyone in the top 50 at MW.

He doesn't even have a realistic chance against hardly anyone in the top 25 at WW. There might be a few good style matchups for him at 170, but for the most part, those guys would crush him.

Imagine Usman, Colby, or Chimaev ragdolling him. Would be hilarious.

Probably rassle fucks Alex. LMAO!
Could you even imagine? D1/ADCC/Mundials Conor with the double leg, back take, and RNC? Anyone betting Conor by sub would own the planet lol.

NO!
But would love to watch the absolute beat downs he would take at the weight class...

Could you even imagine? D1/ADCC/Mundials Conor with the double leg, back take, and RNC? Anyone betting Conor by sub would own the planet lol.

I would definitely throw a few bucks on it, at least, for the lulz.

It would be the p4p funniest thing that would have ever happened in MMA, easily. A large part of SD would commit suicide by mass lemmings cliff jump, IMO.

I would definitely throw a few bucks on it, at least, for the lulz.

It would be the p4p funniest thing that would have ever happened in MMA, easily. A large part of SD would commit suicide by mass lemmings cliff jump, IMO.
It would be like when he talked shit to Aldo for like 12-18 months just to knock him out seconds after the opening bell. Idk if Conor hits that jackpot twice, talking some ridiculous shit of that magnitude and following through, but if he did, he's the legend of legends. He'd have my respect as a tried and true legend by just taking a MW fight, though, honestly. He's for sure not built for it, but if that actually happened, he fought in four weight classes and won belts in two. Mad respect.

rofl, god no. He wasn't even particularly successful at 170, fighting lightweights.

Silly thread. Conor will get absolutely mauled at 185. How is this even a discussion?

Back