Shogun tapping to strikes

P4p Islam

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
With the discussion of pride fighters in the ufc these days, this makes me wonder.

Is shogun the only pride fighter to tap to strikes? Does paul craig have enough stopping power in his punches to make a legend quit in mid fight?

Hmm. Thought you were referring to Jones fight. I'm gonna go ahead and leave before this gets out of hand.

2wn1laf_jpg.gif

“Hey guys, let’s all band together and talk shit about pussy mma fighters who tapped to strikes . . .”

This place is a joke with all you virgins behind your phones and keyboards. Sherdog loves to talk shit about something they’d never have the balls to do.

Sadly, it's not just Sherdoggers. Some people talk shit about tapping to strikes and then....

<5>

Never ever got the hate for tapping to strikes. You guy's clearly haven't had a grown man on top of you raining down hard punches. Most of you usually just have grown men on top of you.

you can just turtle up like Rory mac did against Lawler and the ref will stop it right away. No shame in that.

Never ever got the hate for tapping to strikes. You guy's clearly haven't had a grown man on top of you raining down hard punches. Most of you usually just have grown men on top of you.
Because if people already dont like a fighter before that,they are going to go ham on them if they tap to strikes. Fair dont got nothin to do with it really.

“Hey guys, let’s all band together and talk shit about pussy mma fighters who tapped to strikes . . .”

This place is a joke with all you virgins behind your phones and keyboards. Sherdog loves to talk shit about something they’d never have the balls to do.

Nothing wrong with tapping to strikes, if you're taking punishment and come to realize you can't compete or affect change anymore its a realistic decision. But let's be serious, Khabib bullied his cousin for tapping to a choke. I had a coach tell me one time "don't give up like a pussy, if you get hurt go out like a man" and that was for my first amateur fights as a young lad.

I meant he was the only pride fighter to tap to strikes in the ufc.

you can just turtle up like Rory mac did against Lawler and the ref will stop it right away. No shame in that.

Rory didn't turtle up sir, his brain did.
He was absolutely done in that fight, and he wasn't exactly lookin for a way out.

He literally fell back to the canvas after they sat him up.
He couldn't have given another ounce to that fight.

If you want examples of turtling up, look at Cowboy.

Why did everyone hate on GSP for tapping but defend Shogun? I just want consistency lol.
Just let people tap, imo. Nothing wrong with saving your own ass. It's all of the others who talk shit about it that make me iffy about joining in these conversations. Just let a man not die, ffs.

Back