• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

News Jon Jones vs. Cyril Gane. UFC 285. March, 4th (Jones Confirms in Video)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
A might which is almost a will. Gane's TDD and overall wrestling absolutely sucks as we saw against «ground amateur» Ngannou, so if Jones fights smart, as he usually does, he'll likely get some takedowns fairly easily and then try to GnP or even submit Gane. Then, even if Gane survives, he will probably be too tired to do anything later on.

Nonetheless, if Gane pressures him and chops his chicken legs with some kicks, he has a shot.

PS: I also think Gane is pretty good, but he lost the "special" aura after what Ngannou did to him.

Grappling wise really it seems as much who's fight it is to lose, Gane looked bad against Ngannou but Jones hasnt really looked good in along time and I'm not convinced

Standing I think Gane really it seems like a good fight for Gane to me, Jones loves to hang around at long range but doesnt have as good a jab as him. I still question whether Gane could deal with an aggressive boxer of quality who really gets in his face but that isnt Jones, Jon's main threats are stuff like elbows and kicks which Gane shouldnt really be vunerable to.

Fight will not take place. Jones is retired.

Once the cage locks I’ll believe the fight will take place. Then will wonder when the DQ is coming…

After that I will wonder WTF Ngannou must be thinking about this, lol.

Jones is such a fighting genius. He waited until the perfect time to make this move, monitoring Ngannou’s contract situation.

Now he gets a fight that he feels much more confident about(otherwise he’d still be holding out). Even if Gane beats him, it won’t be in embarrassing fashion + Jones has obvious stylistic matchups here in the clinch and on the ground.

Ngannou doesn’t win decisions, literally all his wins embarrass his opponents. Jones avoids any potential viral videos or humiliation. Say what you want about his personal life, but the man is a genius in everything related to fighting.
Ngannou is the one who dodged him fool

They've been trying to make that fight for a while. Gane was only made after negotiations with ngannou fell through

People who think Ngannou beats Jones without any deeper questioning or analysis know nothing about fighting.

it was a mix of things. Jones wanted to fight for the undisputed, and Francis needed to extend his contract for that to happen. Francis didn't play ball and here we are.

Also think jones wanted a big payday against Francis because of the chance of a viral KO like you mentioned. He's probably ok taking much less money to fight Gane since he has a clear path to victory and doesn't have to worry about 1 shot power
True, Jones probably sees this like the Reyes fight, where he could take it to a decision at the very least. Even if he loses, he could argue that he won if it’s close, doesn’t really affect his legacy.

Ngannou is the one who dodged him fool

They've been trying to make that fight for a while. Gane was only made after negotiations with ngannou fell through.

Hahahahaha

Jones tweeted “show me the money” literally minutes after Ngannou won the title.

If he beats Gane and Ngannou re-signs, I’ll bet anything that this will be a GSP MW title scenario.

I hope this fight takes place I'm not a Jones fan but will be rooting for him in this fight. Jones to be is the best mma fighter ever hi resume is great this will only help prove that fact.

This is going to be a rugpull from jones, aint gonna happen.

Cereal Gain about to get wrestlefucked Agane

Jones haters in shambles right now

Why? If this is true, they’ll likely see Jones take his first legit loss, unless he survives and wins another controversial decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsalaanx
Back