News Stipe Miocic has been told he will be fighting the Jones / Gane winner next

{<jordan}
Wtf is Gane gonna do? Or jones for that matter? You guys have short memories
Meh? Stipe is 40, way past his prime, inactive, and was brutally knocked out for an easy title win by ngganou last time he fought.

stipe will get owned by either, assuming jones beats gane, thus showing jones still has something to offer in his career

Entitled Fighting Championship
“All that Stipe has done”
Two and three presidencies ago?
what’s he done since 2017 besides fight three people in six matches?

I like it!!! I am way more excited for Jones vs Stipe with the whole goat vs goat thing. If Gane wins, I would prefer Sergey.

Once again, Stipe gets everything he wants just by sitting out and not fighting.

The first fighter to get 2 title shots after losing by devastating KO twice.

So the Cormier rematch didn't make sense considering he was the longest defending HW champ in UFC history?

Jones beats Gane in a 5 rounder, becomes champ and they run it back in a few years.

Jones beats Stipe and its a retirement fight.

The best thing about Jones is he's not fought anyone at HW and he has a 8 game contract to fulfill. Good deal for UFC.

The UFC knows Stipe would retire if he doesn't get a title fight. Pavlovich or Blaydes can wait. No one wants to see Blaydes fight for the title either.

Stipe already got his immediate rematch against Cormier 3 fights ago. Its pretty much BS that he gets a second immediate rematch from just one successful title defense Cormier and then losing by KO to Francis

I like Stipe a lot, but thats some bullshit honestly.

Winner of Blaydes vs Pavlovich deserves it more. Let Stipe fight Aspinall or someone on the come-up, get a win and then go for the belt.

I mean the HW title picture has been going at a snails pace for years now. Last thing we need is this again.

42 year old CTE Stipe who hasn't fought in 2 years after being knocked dead by Francis.

Meh? Stipe is 40, way past his prime, inactive, and was brutally knocked out for an easy title win by ngganou last time he fought.

stipe will get owned by either, assuming jones beats gane, thus showing jones still has something to offer in his career
Francis is different than these guys. He had a great second fight against stipe. Match up wise? Both of these other two guys don’t have a lot to offer stipe at all. He’s a better boxer with more power and equal or better wrestling compared to both of them.

"only" 2 defenses. if its so easy why hasnt anyone else beat the record but Stipe? and he beat Ngannou in his 3rd defense to top it all off.
dude's HW GOAT right up there with Fedor.
I didn't say it was easy but how does it warrant the same favours that massive defence streaks in other divisions get you? That reign ended 2.5 years ago and he's already had an "immediate" (1 year later) rematch since that KO loss. He beat that same guy twice, got KO'd AGAIN and automatically gets ANOTHER shot 2.5 years later? There's just no defending this shit. Nobody wants to see it

Last edited:
Make him fight Pavlovich or Blaydes. He doesnt deserve a title shot right away.

This is only happening because Jones wants Stipe. Win or lose, this is probably Jon's next fight if he'd continue after a loss.

If Gane wins, I doubt they move forward with a Stipe title shot.

To all those griping "where has Stipe been the last two years, sitting on his ass..." understand that last year in February he got a new full-time firefighter job at a different station than he worked at before, where he had to go through a probationary period for quite some time. Managing to put together a training camp during that span would have been almost impossible.

Of course your follow-up complaint will be "well he shouldn't have taken on a full-time job at that time!" But those jobs aren't handed out whenever you want it. Full-time firefighting slots with all the perks and bennies that come with them are hotly prized, and openings don't come up too often in Ohio apparently. In fact Stipe's been trying for some years to go full time. Back in 2018 he was up for a chance, but then the whole TUF thing happened and he wasn't going to abandon the house in order to take the tests he needed to continue with the application process. It just so happened that three people retired about the same time from a station within a decent commute from his place last year. It was an opportunity too good to pass up.

I like it!!! I am way more excited for Jones vs Stipe with the whole goat vs goat thing. If Gane wins, I would prefer Sergey.
I’d prefer Sergei no matter who wins. He should be next.

To all those griping "where has Stipe been the last two years, sitting on his ass..." understand that last year in February he got a new full-time firefighter job at a different station than he worked at before, where he had to go through a probationary period for quite some time. Managing to put together a training camp during that span would have been almost impossible.

Of course your follow-up complaint will be "well he shouldn't have taken on a full-time job at that time!" But those jobs aren't handed out whenever you want it. Full-time firefighting slots with all the perks and bennies that come with them are hotly prized, and openings don't come up too often in Ohio apparently. In fact Stipe's been trying for some years to go full time. Back in 2018 he was up for a chance, but then the whole TUF thing happened and he wasn't going to abandon the house in order to take the tests he needed to continue with the application process. It just so happened that three people retired about the same time from a station within a decent commute from his place last year. It was an opportunity too good to pass up.
That’s totally fine. He can fight whenever he likes or has time or feels ready.
It just shouldn’t be for the title.

Back