• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

***Official*** Sherdog UFC 285 Prediction Thread w/ Chance to win a Sherdog Platinum Membership(s)

Wow that’s like identical to my predictions with the exception of mine being Gane TKO round 3

Nice!

I wanted 4 underdogs for this card, so added Bones and Araujo to my original 2 of Trevin Jones and Ribovics.

94418-3289282.png

Jones comes out doing that dumbass crawling thing he does and Gane kicks him in the face anyways to become HW champ.
That'll be a capoeira stance.

I predict Rd.1 will be comparatively quiet, both men trading occasional kicks at range, very little punching. Jones will be evaluating speed / distance / what his opponent looks like & what he ids reacting to etc.
Jones's striking has always been 80% + a variety of kicks-at-range and I can see him going even MORE heavy on the kicks in this fight.

Rd.2 Jon prob gonna try to clinch or get a takedown and I think Jones will try to get a sub if he can but at the least he will try to get it to the mat and KEEP it on the mat = winning the round by top control (if he can't get a sub).
For Gane to get a victory absolutely depends on him being able to stay on his feet as much as possible. No idea if he can do it. I think Gane will end up on the mat for 2 or 3 rounds and that could be enough to give Jones a decision win.

Back