Jones at HW is a Bust

BowserJr

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
There were some rumblings of this when Francis left but TBH this was the case as soon as Reem and Werdum aged out which was 2017ish

Both those guys and Stipe at the time would hand Jones losses

That was the last time for Jones to really test himself. He did the smart thing and did the Floyd strategy (never face anyone who poses a real threat).

Stipe now is old. It's not compelling at all.

2013/2014 Would've been the most compelling time for him to move.

JDS, Cain, Werdum, Reem, Mir, Arlovski, Stipe, Barnett were all still very good at the time.

Jones would not beat all those guys at that time.

Funny how people only say this AFTER the fight. Because right before everyone was saying Jones couldn't handle someone Gane's size, only Ngannou could take Gane down because of his size.

Funny how people only say this AFTER the fight. Because right before everyone was saying Jones couldn't handle someone Gane's size, only Ngannou could take Gane down because of his size.

Funny how I've literally been saying the guys I listed would beat Jones since 2014ish. Of course they're all old now

Since this fight was announced I've been saying it depends on what Jones decides to do. If he decided to strike Gane wins but like many many people said if he grapples its over for Gane

Jon would abuse all those guys. We already saw him son DC twice and DC was arguably the best HW ever in his prime.

Lol no he wasn't

DCs advantage at HW was speed and skill. Jones overcomes both speed and skill by his ability to use his huge reach advantage. When that's not a huge advantage he looks very average. And that advantage is gone at HW

All the guys I listed are good grapplers. So Jones has no reach advantage and no grappling advantage and he doesn't have the speed advantage DC had

Exactly. It's quite pathetic.
I haven't always been a big fan of Jones the Person, but you can't deny the greatness of Jones the Fighter and I predicted the outcome of this fight to a tee.

There were some rumblings of this when Francis left but TBH this was the case as soon as Reem and Werdum aged out which was 2017ish

That was the last time for Jones to really test himself. He did the smart thing and did the Floyd strategy (never face anyone who poses a real threat).

JDS, Cain, Werdum, Reem, Mir, Arlovski, Stipe, Barnett were all still very good at the time.

Jones is the GOAT. He beats anyone, anywhere, any time. That's all you need to know

top-gun-pete-mitchell.gif

Terrible thread

If you cannot grapple or wrestle, then you will have issues with prime jones who is a complete fighter and not just a boxer like JDS. Cain and Kickboxing/Werdum, who I consider complete fighters would pose problems because they can grapple like no one else but that is all and jones would be the favorite in all those fights. A HW Jones size would be a problem for Cain at HW, a man who could out grapple DC. Werdum would be slower than jones in terms of kickboxing and wrestling. A HW jon jones would be a big 6'4 wrestler who has speed, never panics, exceptional submissions standing and on the ground, a high fight IQ, and a great Chin.

Unlike JDS, Arlovski, Reem, he can actually wrestle and grapple and does not panic. JDS panics when he meets a wrestler who is aggressive and jones has fought faster and better boxers than JDS at LHW, Gustafson. Cains small size would be a problem dealing with jon jones who has the reach, wrestling and kickboxing to be a big issue.

The others are a moot point in them beating a prime HW jones, since they would have problems dealing with either his striking and kickboxing or his wrestling and submission game, add that he can take a punch, has a high fight IQ, never panics.

I do not see it, he would be a hell of a fight for anyone of those.

Exactly. It's quite pathetic.
I haven't always been a big fan of Jones the Person, but you can't deny the greatness of Jones the Fighter and I predicted the outcome of this fight to a tee.

People were literally saying that this fight was easy if Jones grappled. Ngannou out grappled Gane lol

Jones dad bod and burned out look fooled us, mang. Looked slow in training camp and we assumed Cyril would come back from Dagestan looking like Marcin Tybura or something.

Even DC didn't anticipate this, no one really expected him to go out and dominate like that. At best they expected a crafty victory by the vet Jones.

No amount of memes makes you right.

Look at my post history <Moves>

Keep the delusion strong my friend <Lmaoo>

You're coping HARD, bro. What do your posts matter? What is this "I told you so"?

You didn't prove anything. Those guys didn't beat Jon. It's all assumption which makes YOU the one that's deluded.

That's why it's a COPE.

Do you understand now?

Back