UFC fighters with the most "Dana White Privilege"?

matrixremaster

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My short list.

1) Conor McGregor - He's been a mid to lower level fighter for years but gets whatever he wants because he's the biggest cashcow in the sport and the embodiment of a WWE character who's mouth has gotten him places because he can sell a fight like no other.

2) Jorge Masdvial - I'll admit it's cool he comes comes from the Kimbo era but it seems like the UFC wants him to be at the top of company because he's a draw more than because of his achievements in the Octagon.

3) Sean O'Malley - He's a talented striker and a worthy top 10 fighter but the fact that he's ranked #2 and next in line for a titleshot in the stacked BW division after a highway robbery against Yan tells you all you need to know. His personal style really speaks to the Zoomer crowd.

4) Colby Covington - He really has no notable wins outside a past their prime fighters. He's a good fighter but doesn't belong anywhere near another title shot. Some find his gimmick lame but he invests a hell of a lot into it so you at least have to give him that.

5) Brian Ortega - Hasn't had a win in years, two titleshots already. He's a good fighter, but let's be real about how his looks have gotten him where he is. He doesn't even really have a gimmick like the others here he's simply the UFC pinup boy.

Honorable mentions

Paddy Pimblett - It's pretty obvious the UFC wants him to be something he probably never will be and are trying to protect him against lower level fighters hoping he'll one day blossum. He has a goofy charm that makes him memorable but he's probably the least skilled fighter on this list.

Micheal Chandler - he loses an awful lot yet is somehow still relevant and I'd probably put him higher on the list if he didn't sacrifice himself to the JBG every single fight and wasn't so damn entertaining in the cage.

CcrB930UcAESL3y.jpg

Jon bones Jones- undefeated against the law and TKOd USADA for life too via pulsing exemption

can get away away with hit and runs, domestic abuse, crack cocaine, presser brawls, and dick pills.

never lost a decision

Jon bones Jones- undefeated against the law and TKOd USADA for life too via pulsing exemption

can get away away with hit and runs, domestic abuse, crack cocaine, presser brawls, and dick pills.

never lost a decision
It's a good mention.

Jones is a truly great fighter though so I spared him but you're right.

How is the most protected guy in the UFC the guy who's only fought top 5 fighters (barring Siver) since 2014?

That's a pretty shitty job of protecting the guy.
Conor gets whatever he wants and the UFC are so desperate for him to fight they don't usually stand in his way. It's just that sometimes his delusions lead him into fights he gets killed in.

I agree with most things you say about the dana white priviledge. I’d argue masvidal doesn’t have it tho. He earned his first title shot. The second one was more so because of Kamaru wanted it, dana loved Kamaru and was giving him his demands. More usman getting the Dana white priviledge there. Then fought Covington and lost and now burns, not the main event. Not really in a Dana white priviledge situation if u ask me.

connor definitely has some dana white privilege for obvious reasons. I would like to know why you think he’s a mid-lower level fighter though? He hasn’t fought much and his losses since becoming double champ were to poirier and khabib, some pretty top tier competition. My point is he’s really a question mark in terms of skill. Personally I don’t think he’s ever going to be top dog again, but I still see him as top ten. I think his fight with chandler is going to show a lot about where he is at today.

Everything you think about Colby is bang on

Brian Ortega is definitely a weird situation.

McG
O'Malley
Barber
Pimblett
Chandler (not protected but ...gets more or less what he wants, every time, Dana White Privilege).

That's 5. There are others for sure.

So what, Dana likes good fighters with personality and charisma. Belal has none except good fighter for example. . You have to bring energy to any job interview or an audition or you’re getting passed up. UFC no different.

Paddy for sure , that guys not fighting a contender for like 5 years

Back