• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Media Alex Pereira meets Badr Hari

Who wins if they were to fight (open weight) ?

• Total voters
rjrjk.png
ImpartialEmbellishedCivet-size_restricted.gif

Current Badr would lose to a WW or even a sherdogger. He's way past his prime.
Well, it looks like Badr is in a very weird place right now, where he can literally beat everyone on the world, and get defeated himself at any given moment in the fight.
Hari is still as game and dangerous as they come, however his ability to take damage declined and isn’t the best anymore.

On a good day he’s still able to beat everybody imo.
Look at his fights with Rico Verhoeven and Arek Wrzosek.
He was beating their asses until he eventually got injured (Rico fight) or knocked out because he lost composure and hunted the finish too much (Arek fight).
At some point in both fights Badr smelled blood and went into killmode, resulting in him getting KO’d/injured and therefore losing the fight.

Take a look at both fights if you want

Badr Hari vs Rico Verhoeven (2) full fight:

Highlights of the Rico fight:

Badr Hari vs Arek Wrzosek (1) full fight:

Highlights of the Arek fight:

Badr looked fast and explosive against Rico and had an aggressive approach with some nice level changes in his punch selection.
He also made sure Rico didn’t fight his own game and forced him to get into somewhat of a firefight with Badr.
Badr ate quite some big shots from Rico that didn’t seem to bother him that much aswell.

Badr had a good gameplan against Arek (going to the body) that he sticked to throughout the fight and he looked more calm and composed in his approach than we’ve seen him in recent years, resulting in him scoring 3 knockdowns, looking very dominant and in total control of the fight (until that legendary comeback-KO ofcourse).

Also, Arek Wrzosek earned a ton of respect from me that night, for not giving up and continue fighting where 99% would’ve stopped.
Therefore I’m a fan now:D

Looks like Badr ain’t enjoying the idea of competing in MMA

Though he did train some MMA with Alistair Overeem back in the day (swipe for more pics)
<BC1>

I'm still surprised kickboxing isn't bigger, with small gloves and a few rule tweaks I could really see it as being the most exciting combat sport. We just need a good US promotion to get us to know the fighters.

I'm still surprised kickboxing isn't bigger, with small gloves and a few rule tweaks I could really see it as being the most exciting combat sport. We just need a good US promotion to get us to know the fighters.

they don't even need to change that. K-1 boasted something like a 90% KO rate and it still didn't take off. people complain about UFC and grappling but they never supported K-1.

Well, GLORY actually planned to return to USA, right before the COVID-pandemic.
I don’t know if they’re still looking to do a US-based event in the future, but I hope they do (I don’t see why they won’t try that).
Would be cool!

Do you think there’s fan appeal for GLORY Kickboxing in America? In a way where they can sell out venue’s like MSG, MGM, T-Mobile Arena, etc.?
When there’s a very stacked card in the Netherlands featuring names like Badr Hari, Rico Verhoeven, Jamal Ben Saddik, Alistair Overeem, Gökhan Saki, Antonio Plazibat, Tyjani Beztati, Hamicha, Petch, etc. they sell out football-stadium like Gelredome, with a 30k+ capacity

Raw talent wise Hari might be superior to Alex at his peak but he was badly lacking in the mental side in and out of the ring.

Alex knuckled down and turned what looked like it would be a upper mid level kickbxoing career into a great career, Hari managed to turn what looked like it would be a great kickboxing career into a patchy one.

Last edited:
Back