RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Gamebred Boxing 4 RJJ vs Pettis (Fight Pass) 4/1

UFC fighters Boxing?

• Total voters
I was told MMA fighters can't box and got exposed by Jake Hitman Paul.

Well Pettis, a UFC legend, just annihilated a former pound for pound #1 boxer on the planet.

The jig is up.

The UFC is for real.
You are the same guy who said Jake Paul would beat most UFC caliber fighters in boxing even if they got time to prepare.

Too bad it wasn't Pettis at the Olympics back then, would probably have done better than silver...

What a shocker the local hometown judges gifted Pettis an undeserved decision victory.

That was 80-72 Roy easy. Maybe I could see one or two rounds for Pettis if I gave him the benefit of the doubt but no more than two rounds. MMAFIghting.com and the commentator both had Roy winning six of the eight rounds.

Its sad they had to screw Roy over like that so Pettis could build up enough of a resume to go get knocked out by Jake Paul or KSI.

i was glad jacaree got some rounds over vitor, made it close despite losing. jacaree is a dog, never gives up, and glad he found some success in the clinch against TRTor

Aldo's old, his legs are shot and so is his gas tank. It's why Stephens did so well, in pockets Aldo could outclass him but he couldn't match the output, cut an angle or get Stephens out of his face for the majority of the night. What we saw tonight is that Aldo would get seriously hurt if he fought a real boxer, these guys still think they're 25 and that they can learn, grow and improve and they don't believe in their own flaws and age. Being a fighter is a double edged sword, you have an insane about of self belief but you are also often incredibly delusional and that shit gets you hurt at the end of your career.
The craziest part is this dude almost fought for the BW title.
Honestly I think Aldo was too finish hungry and banked on the left hook ending Stephans body again. Seemed to really deflate himself in the process and take away his legs like you said. He looked more mobile in his first boxing match before this fight. Like I said though to be fair the Stephans that was fighting in MMA did not show up, he actually looked good tonight.

Pettis did absolutely nothing and deserved to lose every single round. MMAFighting.com and the commentators scored the fight 78-74 in favor of Roy.

The fight took place in Pettis's hometown where he is a local hero and was overseen by his local athletic comission. Unsurprisingly they gifted him an undeserved decision victory in a fight where he landed absolutely no significant punches the entire fight.

Roy won that fight 80-72 clear as day.

Last edited:
Aldo's old, his legs are shot and so is his gas tank. It's why Stephens did so well, in pockets Aldo could outclass him but he couldn't match the output, cut an angle or get Stephens out of his face for the majority of the night. What we saw tonight is that Aldo would get seriously hurt if he fought a real boxer, these guys still think they're 25 and that they can learn, grow and improve and they don't believe in their own flaws and age. Being a fighter is a double edged sword, you have an insane about of self belief but you are also often incredibly delusional and that shit gets you hurt at the end of your career.

Can't not be delusional if you wanna be great

When Pettis cut weight like a true professional he easily made 145 and still wasn't the biggest in that weight class. Roy Jones was the heavyweight champion of the world in boxing.

Is this the biggest weight class discrepancy in combat sports history where the lower weight class won?

the other big take away, is that gamebreds boxing was far, far, far more entertaining than what the PFL is cooking. PFL had horrible pacing, decision after decision, i tapped out after the Nordzillian failed to lift his Mjolnir. What a fucking dunce of a card. I am also upset that I missed fight circus. that might have been the winner this weekend.

Pettis did absolutely nothing and deserved to lose every single round. MMAFighting.com and the commentators scored the fight 78-74 in favor of Roy.

The fight took place in his hometown where he is a local hero and was overseen their athletic comission. Unsurprisingly they gifted him an undeserved decision victory in a fight where he landed absolutely no significant punches the entire fight.

Roy won that fight 80-72 clear as day.

Back