• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A murderous storm is approaching the MW division. Izzy should be afraid. Very afraid.

What about shavkat..
Shavkat is a huge WW but so far has made weight every time. He hasn't mentioned moving to MW from what I have heard so it doesn't make sense to put him on this list if he's not fighting at MW

A DANGEROUS storm of fighters is approaching the MW division. And the fighters we're used to seeing e.g. whittaker, vettori, strickland, costa, etc will all be wiped out. You thought Potent was a threat? Ha... just wait until you see what's in store...

Khamzat 'Borz' Chimaev (12-0-0)
Khamzat needs no introduction. He already proved he the real deal when he fought burns recklessly and still won. his dagestani-style wrestling is relentless and he has KO power. He is very likely to be the new MW champ by the end of the year.

Bo 'Dagestani Killer' Nickal (4-0-0)
3x NCAA champion with with world-class wrestling. He lost only to the best of the best when it comes to wrestling. Beat 2 Dagestanis in freestyle wresting and has the skillset to neuatralize the Dagestani threat thats been taking over the UFC. He is still green but give him a couple of years and trust me he will be fighting Khamzat for the belt and ragdolling Izzy out of the divison.

'Shara Bullet' aka 'Demon Khabib' (11-0-0)
Finishing all but 1 of his fights, Sharabutdin Magomedov is an aggressive striker with insane KO potential. Demon Khabib is such a badass that he chooses to fight at MW when he can easily make weight for welterweight. Very unique fighting style and plenty of endurance. @Hellowhosthat knows everything about this guy including his blood type and the color of his underwear.

Ikram 'The Anti-Khamzat' Aliskerov (13-1-0)
This guy is a beast. Subbed his opponent in DWCS in 2 minutes to secure a UFC contract. World combat sambo champion and his sole loss was to no one other than Khamzat. He completely neautralized all of Khamzat's takedown before getting caught with a nasty uppercut. This is perhaps the only guy capable of beating Khamzat.

Khamzat's wrestling is NOT relentless.

He absolutely relented (the very definition) against Burns out of fear of his BJJ. It was more than recklessness.. He has put himself in a position where he must prove himself from the ground up.

But yes.. The division has some great matchups (including Khamzat).... Exciting times.

It actually is true the majority of the time that those who are hyped turn out to be nothing to see. Maybe one of these guys will turn out to be really good, but nothing is terribly convincing at this point that this will be the case.

Maybe one of them can fight Israel just after Israel vs. Pereira Part 6 (which doesn't include their kickboxing fights).

But yeah, if Israel wants to enter any GOAT discussion he's going to have to fight wrestlers better than Brunson (and Romero doesn't count because he hasn't wrestled in years). Anderson fought prime Chael twice and lost his title at age 38 to prime Weidman. And a post-champ, 40-something year old Anderson beat Brunson, too.

Last edited:
Khamzat's wrestling is NOT relentless.

He absolutely relented (the very definition) against Burns out of fear of his BJJ. It was more than recklessness.. He has put himself in a position where he must prove himself from the ground up.

But yes.. The division has some great matchups (including Khamzat).... Exciting times.
Izzy is nothing like Burns when it comes to BJJ, though. Even Holland was more of a threat than Izzy when it comes to submissions. Neither Khamzat nor any other guys on that list would have a single fear about going to the ground with Izzy.

Izzy is nothing like Burns when it comes to BJJ, though. Even Holland was more of a threat than Izzy when it comes to submissions. Neither Khamzat nor any other guys on that list would have a single fear about going to the ground with Izzy.

Truth.

I was only taking exception to the suggestion that Khamzat's wrestling is "relentless"

I like all the guys mentioned.. Including Khamzat and expect blood to flow if they all fight at least twice a year.

Truth.

I was only taking exception to the suggestion that Khamzat's wrestling is "relentless"

I like all the guys mentioned.. Including Khamzat and expect blood to flow if they all fight at least twice a year.
Yep, and I agree about Khamzat. He may avoid the ground again if he fights another elite submission artist. But he'll be trying to grapple all day with Izzy.

Yep, and I agree about Khamzat. He may avoid the ground again if he fights another elite submission artist. But he'll be trying to grapple all day with Izzy.

Hey Burns took him into deep water and I'm sure dude learned a lot about himself. Good.

These guys listed are going to have to fight each other and not just Izzy. Bloodbath bro !

Will pay to watch.

Shavkat is a huge WW but so far has made weight every time. He hasn't mentioned moving to MW from what I have heard so it doesn't make sense to put him on this list if he's not fighting at MW
Yeah, and if all those guys fight at MW, it would make a lot more sense for him to be a top grappler at WW, where Usman and Colby are aging. Why jump in a tank full of young sharks when you may be the best grappler...at least within a couple of years?

A DANGEROUS storm of fighters is approaching the MW division. And the fighters we're used to seeing e.g. whittaker, vettori, strickland, costa, etc will all be wiped out. You thought Potent was a threat? Ha... just wait until you see what's in store...

Khamzat 'Borz' Chimaev (12-0-0)
Khamzat needs no introduction. He already proved he the real deal when he fought burns recklessly and still won. his dagestani-style wrestling is relentless and he has KO power. He is very likely to be the new MW champ by the end of the year.

Bo 'Dagestani Killer' Nickal (4-0-0)
3x NCAA champion with with world-class wrestling. He lost only to the best of the best when it comes to wrestling. Beat 2 Dagestanis in freestyle wresting and has the skillset to neuatralize the Dagestani threat thats been taking over the UFC. He is still green but give him a couple of years and trust me he will be fighting Khamzat for the belt and ragdolling Izzy out of the divison.

'Shara Bullet' aka 'Demon Khabib' (11-0-0)
Finishing all but 1 of his fights, Sharabutdin Magomedov is an aggressive striker with insane KO potential. Demon Khabib is such a badass that he chooses to fight at MW when he can easily make weight for welterweight. Very unique fighting style and plenty of endurance. @Hellowhosthat knows everything about this guy including his blood type and the color of his underwear.

Ikram 'The Anti-Khamzat' Aliskerov (13-1-0)
This guy is a beast. Subbed his opponent in DWCS in 2 minutes to secure a UFC contract. World combat sambo champion and his sole loss was to no one other than Khamzat. He completely neautralized all of Khamzat's takedown before getting caught with a nasty uppercut. This is perhaps the only guy capable of beating Khamzat.

The last two are likely to melt usada cups..

Bo Nickels doesnt even know what an arm triangle is...

And Khamzat has to get through a few MWs first and that may be a problem....Costa says Hi

IMG_20221204_160339_326_%282%29.jpg

Following in Bisping's footsteps...

Jan Błachowicz is moving down and is going to take the belt.

these are great challenge
Izzy can beat all of them
and he also can get wrestlescrew by some of them

Izzy is working hard and was able to neutralize all wrestlers he faced at 185

true darkhorse of this division is Abus Magomedov

Considering how far they all are from a title shot, he has plenty of time to focus on TDD; and getting back up in the scramble.

Dude could drill striking once a week for the next 2 years and still be levels above them on the feet.

If Pereira isn’t making weight anymore, there’s no immediate threat to Izzy’s belt.

Other than Khamzat, Izzy will be retired by the time these guys are in title contention.
He's only 33. Anderson didn't even become MW champ in the UFC until he was around 31-32. How long do you think Izzy will fight? And how long will all these other wrestlers need to build their resumes? Look how fast Pereira got a shot with under 10 MMA fights and just a few UFC fights.

Back